Shady Dealers
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 85 of 104123 ... 82, 83, 84, 85, 86 ... 102103104
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 6:03 pm 

I haven't noticed an unusual rise in bad sellers.

I have noted the sharp decline of Troll and Toad to the point where even I will not buy from them anymore.  (What's the point?  They have a great price on an item they either turn out not to have in stock or they ship it so poorly it gets destroyed.)

I have noted a sharp increase in shipping ripoffs...and I have noticed that it is no longer possible to report this category to Ebay (presumeably because they now take a cut of shipping as well).

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 6:24 pm 

Thork N Hammer, Esquire wrote:Is it just me?

It seems I've noticed an unusual amount of idiots selling things lately.

In the past month I have noticed the following types of sellers:

1. Sellers who disappear after selling an item.  The item has sold for a lot cheaper than what they expected, and I quickly make a PayPal payment.  The common denominator is that my PayPal is not accepted; maybe this indicates some scam being run using eBay and PayPal.
  2. Sellers who try to charge more after the sale for shipping.
  3. Sellers who pack poorly.
  4. Sellers who sell items that are all screwed up, such as trashed DVDs, trashed musical equipment, trashed whatever.

You Will Know Me by the Trail of The Negative Feedback Left for Others.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 8:39 pm 

FormCritic wrote:I have noted the sharp decline of Troll and Toad to the point where even I will not buy from them anymore.  (What's the point?  They have a great price on an item they either turn out not to have in stock or they ship it so poorly it gets destroyed.)

I ordered one item from them this year. The wrong one safely arrived.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:56 pm 

FormCritic wrote:I have noted a sharp increase in shipping ripoffs...and I have noticed that it is no longer possible to report this category to Ebay (presumeably because they now take a cut of shipping as well).

But you can still leave a low DSR in the shipping cost category.

Areas of interest/knowledge: Harn, WFRP, Ars Magica, anything BRP based such as CoC, Runequest, Pendragon and all their related games

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:07 am 

FormCritic wrote:I haven't noticed an unusual rise in bad sellers.

I have noted the sharp decline of Troll and Toad to the point where even I will not buy from them anymore.  (What's the point?  They have a great price on an item they either turn out not to have in stock or they ship it so poorly it gets destroyed.)

They just hit over 1000 negs for this year....sheesh.

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:13 am 

Badmike wrote:
They just hit over 1000 negs for this year....sheesh.

Mike B.

Aren't we about due for another TnT apologist to pop up on the board and let us know how they are going to right the ship over there?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:32 pm 

brute wrote:
I ordered one item from them this year. The wrong one safely arrived.

That's the third pattern:  The Wrong Item

I have been a Troll and Toad apologist in the past.  

Emphasis on past.

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:02 pm 

FormCritic wrote:
That's the third pattern:  The Wrong Item

I have been a Troll and Toad apologist in the past.  

Emphasis on past.

I was thinking more along the lines of the "new Troll and Toad employee" who discovers this site and decides to defend their practices.  I would have put you in the "pro" TnT category, however, and to see that they have become undefendable even to their defenders is telling.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:49 am 

I'm going to add:  dungeoncollector
Also known as: DiscSlinger on various forums

I think it is a clear case that he is shilling his auctions - new account, bid only one his auctions, bids on Group One modules, a pipe, and the voice recorder.  It amazes me how stupid some sellers can be.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:52 am 

Since Keith was nice enough to post his telephone number: Keith, 214-254-1517

it might be worthwhile to see what he has to say about it.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:17 am 

why the hell would anyone post their phone number on an ebay auction? Maybe an actual brick and mortar company, but a person...that's just weird in and of itself.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:09 am 

Mars wrote:I'm going to add:  dungeoncollector
Also known as: DiscSlinger on various forums

I think it is a clear case that he is shilling his auctions - new account, bid only one his auctions, bids on Group One modules, a pipe, and the voice recorder.  It amazes me how stupid some sellers can be.

Cheeky bugger even came here to get his items valued eh, just noticed the appraisal thread!

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Active Collector

Post Posted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:23 am 

reported.

I liked the boot hill boxed set at 99 cents

** expired/removed eBay auction **

but somehow it went from $0.99 to $20 rather fast due to 3 bids 4 days before auction end from the "new" user 2***1? In my exp item like that  usually doesn't get that much action until it's much closer to end of auction rather than 4 days out.

I suspect he took his chances incrementing his bid 3 times and didn't break $20 barrier on his third bid on purpose.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:01 am 

Mars wrote:bids on Group One modules, a pipe, and the voice recorder.

Are you sure its not this guy that's bidding on them?

http://rpgpundit.xanga.com/

Plays RPG's, smokes a pipe, and loves the sound of his own voice.  Pretty clear cut to me.  :wink:  :lol:

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:50 am 

Kingofpain89 wrote:Plays RPG's, smokes a pipe, and loves the sound of his own voice.  Pretty clear cut to me.  :wink:  :lol:

Either him or  P. E. I. Bonewits - we must have his pic from the back cover of  Authentic Thaumaturgy around here  :)

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:13 am 

Kingofpain89 wrote:Are you sure its not this guy that's bidding on them?

http://rpgpundit.xanga.com/

Plays RPG's, smokes a pipe, and loves the sound of his own voice.  Pretty clear cut to me.  :wink:  :lol:
Mars wrote:
Either him or  P. E. I. Bonewits - we must have his pic from the back cover of  Authentic Thaumaturgy around here  :)

Here is a scan of the book showing Bonewits.
The picture on the right is posted on the web site linked above by KoP
http://rpgpundit.xanga.com/photos/df1ce251616531/
The Specific page on the site where I saw the picture below...

ImageImage

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 7:50 pm 

JohnGaunt wrote:In the past month I have noticed the following types of sellers:

1. Sellers who disappear after selling an item.  The item has sold for a lot cheaper than what they expected, and I quickly make a PayPal payment.  The common denominator is that my PayPal is not accepted; maybe this indicates some scam being run using eBay and PayPal.
  2. Sellers who try to charge more after the sale for shipping.
  3. Sellers who pack poorly.
  4. Sellers who sell items that are all screwed up, such as trashed DVDs, trashed musical equipment, trashed whatever.
You Will Know Me by the Trail of The Negative Feedback Left for Others.

My biggest concern is proper packing... I have taken to, before paying, inquiring as to the packing methods used... I am cut and pasting a recent exchange... lol.... After a further exchange he relented and the item arrived decently packed.... but I kinda get a kick out of this:

Hello Tom,

Thanks for buying this module. The free shipping is a misprint, but if you insist, I'll include it. As far as cardboard goes, I don't use that, since it costs extra, and I don't keep anything extra lying around. I have an extremely small space, and no room for anything extraneous, sorry. Not to mention the fact that most customers don't want to pay for any shipping extras, but if you want rigid cardboard to protect your item, I can do that but it will end up costing extra. I could NOT afford to include extra cardboard, and still make any money at all on this item, considering the low ending auction total. (I'm already losing money as it is).

Normally, I ship items via media mail using two manilla envelopes, with lots of tape on them. I can cannibalize a cereal box (which, coincidentally has a contest entry form on it! whoo hooo!), to protect the module, but other than that, I'd have to request an additional payment. (We could call it even, if you want to just let me keep the shipping costs you've already remitted). Please let me know what you'd like to do. If you'd prefer, I can cancel the transaction, if you think you'd be dissatisfied with the shipping method. We can also upgrade this to priority mail for like an extra $4, and it'd be guaranteed secure. So, get back to me, so I'll know how you'd like to proceed. Thank you.

- comicmagic Click "respond" to reply through Messages, or go to your email to reply

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To: comicmagic
Subject: Shipping: discodadda sent a message about GAMMA WORLD 2ND ED. LEGION OF GOLD TSR ROLE PLAYING GAME #170750346187
Sent Date: Dec-21-11 10:31:08 PST

Dear comicmagic,

Hi, before I pay I have 2 questions... first in the ad it indicates free shipping??
Second about the packing... I wanted to make certain that it would be packed with strong (not wimpy) cardboard in order to protect against bending and the corners?

Please LMK.

Thanks

Tom

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:50 pm 

At least the seller had the decency to follow up and work with you on the matter.  Most sellers wouldnt bother and would just ship it the way they want, pocket your extra shipping expense, and when it arrived damaged state that it wasnt their fault.  Seems like he was pretty nice about it too.

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 85 of 104123 ... 82, 83, 84, 85, 86 ... 102103104