Shady Dealers
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 83 of 104123 ... 80, 81, 82, 83, 84 ... 102103104
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri May 13, 2011 11:06 am 

Invincible Overlord wrote:RIPMIHCAELJACKSON

** expired/removed eBay auction **

I still have not received the item yet and have opened up a dispute with Ebay asking for a full refund.

Priority mail shipping... I should have received it already...

*sigh*

That's not the first time this guy's name has appeared on this forum. Don't remember what the last issue was, but when a seller's name crops up on the forum more than once or twice, it tends to be for a reason. They are best avoided, regardless of their wares.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri May 13, 2011 12:08 pm 

Invincible Overlord wrote:RIPMIHCAELJACKSON

Corrected - ripmichaeljackson

Truth is worth finding and life is too short to work for money.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri May 13, 2011 9:18 pm 

benjoshua wrote:

I got some stuff from him... it took 4 weeks... it was priority mailed... but about 3.5 weeks from the auction... It was over graded and It was packed like garbage also... no stiff cardboard just a manila envelope... I am holdiong my feedback for now as I am trying to get him to do me a side favor...

Disco

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat May 14, 2011 12:10 am 

benjoshua wrote:

I also have an issue with this seller.

Way overgraded a copy of B1-9.

The picture in the listing makes it look like it could be vf and perhaps better.

Here is the listing>

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... MEWNX%3AIT

Here is what was delivered.

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat May 14, 2011 12:17 am 

Gnat the Beggar wrote:

I also have an issue with this seller.
Way overgraded a copy of B1-9.
The picture in the listing makes it look like it could be vf and perhaps better.

Here is the listing>

** expired/removed eBay auction **

Here is what was delivered.
]

Well, that is just fraud since the pciture doesn't even show the missing corner.

"You get more with a kind word and an excruciator than with just a kind word."

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sat May 14, 2011 12:43 am 

JasonZavoda wrote:
Well, that is just fraud since the pciture doesn't even show the missing corner.

That is a stock photo for sure.  Deserves a neg if I ever saw one.  Complete misrepresentation of the item.  The description says nothing about the item itself, just a blurb about his comics.  :?

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat May 14, 2011 1:17 am 

What the hell is going on inside of some of these seller's heads?

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat May 14, 2011 2:11 am 

The edges were cut off of the picture for a reason.

This sort of shady seller thinks he's being clever.  He thinks he's smarter than you.

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat May 14, 2011 8:12 am 

I think I'm staying away from anything gnat's bidding on

I like to get stuff in decent condition and he's been having a good time recently  :D

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat May 14, 2011 8:46 am 

And what a surprise... after opening up a dispute with Ebay I finally get a response:
-------------
Hello

I am very sorry I had no idea you had not received your item yet. I just found out it was returned to my old address almost a week ago because I used to much bubble wrap for packing which miscalulated the weight of the item. I will overnight this item to you today thank you very much for your patience and I am very sorry I thought you'd received your item a long time ago.

- ripmichaeljackson
------------

I really hate to ask for a refund, since the price was right for the item. Then again, with all this bullshit about item condition from her sales, I'll wait until I actually receive the item before rendering a final verdict [At least she took actual pictures of the item, instead of the stock photos she used to sell Gnat's crap]

RPG’s, D&D in particular has had a major influence in my life. It’s bonded me together with life long friends...it’s that bond in life not just as friends, but in our jokes, our mannerisms, and what we find funny. Invincible Overlord

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sat May 14, 2011 8:53 am 

Invincible Overlord wrote:I am very sorry I had no idea you had not received your item yet. I just found out it was returned to my old address almost a week ago because I used to much bubble wrap for packing which miscalulated the weight of the item.

Not that I'd be tempted to ask for a photograph of the returned package, but I love the concept of too /much/ bubblewrap. Doesn't happen very often on eBay, that.
Surprised that ended up back with them - is this standard practice in the US rather than raising a "postage due" charge with the recipient?

Good luck and fingers crossed.

"7.3 ORGANIZING THE PARTY: Always have a keg, even if it's BYOB...
7.4 TAKING THE GAME SERIOUSLY: Don't"

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat May 14, 2011 10:02 am 

Michael Jackson is trying to string me along.
I only have a short time left before lodging a complain is no longer possible and seller SAYS he has shipped a replacement item.

Based on some posts above that might take another 2 months.
I think its time to Neg Mr Jackson and move on with a loss.

BTW: Form Critic: There is no way this item is the one pictured.
Cut off corners dont explain the rest of that front cover being so pathetic.

Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat May 14, 2011 10:10 am 

Invincible Overlord wrote:And what a surprise... after opening up a dispute with Ebay I finally get a response:
-------------
Hello

I am very sorry I had no idea you had not received your item yet. I just found out it was returned to my old address almost a week ago because I used to much bubble wrap for packing which miscalulated the weight of the item. I will overnight this item to you today thank you very much for your patience and I am very sorry I thought you'd received your item a long time ago.

- ripmichaeljackson
------------

Ah yes, the too much bubble wrap excuse...... :lol:  :roll:

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat May 14, 2011 11:15 am 

The more I read of this guy, the more it sounds like he knows what he's doing and he's into scamming and screwing buyers. From this point on, anyone who falls foul of this guy knows what's coming to them. For those already done by him, time to hit the credit cards and chargeback.

If you do ever get screwed over on eBay, ALWAYS chargeback on your credit card. Never leave it up to eBay or PayPal. Two reasons; 1) You have certainty of outcome. Your money is returned to you instantly (well, within about 10 days). 2) Not only does the seller loose the money he got from you, but PayPal levy all their fees upon him for having to deal with the chargeback. In the UK that's £7, so I'd imagine in the US a seller would lose an extra $10 or so.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat May 14, 2011 6:23 pm 

Invincible Overlord wrote:And what a surprise... after opening up a dispute with Ebay I finally get a response:
-------------
Hello

- ripmichaeljackson
------------

I really hate to ask for a refund, since the price was right for the item. Then again, with all this bullshit about item condition from her sales, I'll wait until I actually receive the item before rendering a final verdict [At least she took actual pictures of the item, instead of the stock photos she used to sell Gnat's crap]

What I love is the idea that the item was returned because she used too much packing tape.

"OH, I am so righteous and careful!  My good intentions have gotten me in trouble!  I am too gracious for this cruel world."

If she said "overnight," then wait over night and then take further action.

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sun May 15, 2011 3:11 pm 

HermitFromPluto wrote:Anyone familiar with a UK Seller called nowturama? I was thinking the two mags I bought would be my first ever genuine lost in post - but checking recent feedback it appears the Seller has recently:
- decided to keep things if they don't get the price they want
- re-listed items that got a low price without telling the Buyer
- or simply don't send items and say they did.

Yeah ... I won some of his stuff.  One lot he claimed to have sent but it never arrived - could be valid as it coincided with a major earthquake here.  The other few lots he just decided not to send.  He emailed me to tell me his wife lost a close family relative about this time and aparently my items were all packaged and sitting in her work.  Tough times and he did refund me but in the end I decided to neg him as I couldn't figure why he couldn't post the items if they were already packaged.  Oh, and the fact he relisted an item I won for 99p and sold it for about $25 didn't help his case.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun May 15, 2011 4:27 pm 

The guy is as dishonest as they come. Stay well away. We should compile and run a list of dishonest sellers.

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun May 15, 2011 8:52 pm 

mbassoc2003 wrote:The guy is as dishonest as they come. Stay well away. We should compile and run a list of dishonest sellers.

Maybe we could name the thread "SHADY DEALERS"

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 83 of 104123 ... 80, 81, 82, 83, 84 ... 102103104