Shady Dealers
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 82 of 104123 ... 79, 80, 81, 82, 83 ... 102103104
Author

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu May 05, 2011 12:44 pm 

Top of the heap would be the leather bound 3.5 books (at around $70+ each), The Dungeon tiles set #1 S/W (around $100+), MM3-5,spell compendium,PHB,Rules Compendium +lots of other($30+)

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Thu May 05, 2011 1:11 pm 

DiscoDadda wrote:Just a quick note... Dallas.Books.and.Paper... Bought a copy of Chainmail from me.

Here is the item:

** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **

Tom aka DiscoDadda

Well that cements any doubt.  Who pays $75 for a copy of that particular edition of Chainmail?  :roll:

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu May 05, 2011 1:22 pm 

Kingofpain89 wrote:
Well that cements any doubt.  Who pays $75 for a copy of that particular edition of Chainmail?  :roll:

Only takes 1 buyer...    :D

Tom aka DiscoDadda

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun May 08, 2011 9:17 am 

Anyone familiar with a UK Seller called nowturama? I was thinking the two mags I bought would be my first ever genuine lost in post - but checking recent feedback it appears the Seller has recently:
- decided to keep things if they don't get the price they want
- re-listed items that got a low price without telling the Buyer
- or simply don't send items and say they did.

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun May 08, 2011 9:33 am 

HermitFromPluto wrote:Anyone familiar with a UK Seller called nowturama? I was thinking the two mags I bought would be my first ever genuine lost in post - but checking recent feedback it appears the Seller has recently:

Never heard of that one.
Dont know how to search either.

If your post was meant as a warning not to buy from that seller, then a link to the sellers feedback page would be helpful to those of us who are less search fu'ish in skills...

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun May 08, 2011 9:49 am 

HermitFromPluto wrote:Anyone familiar with a UK Seller called nowturama? I was thinking the two mags I bought would be my first ever genuine lost in post - but checking recent feedback it appears the Seller has recently:

That happened to me! I figured item got lost in the mail and forgot about it (it was a few bucks anyway). But now that I know, I will neg his arse.

Hector

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun May 08, 2011 9:52 am 

baronofmonausen is an Acaeum memeber, and never received stuff sold at a low price. It seems that the seller either has a local post office that are in the business of stealing mail, or are dishonest themselves. The former is stretching the possibilities of coincidence, so I'd avoid this seller, as they seem to be dishonest, at the very least, uncommunicative and good at 'losing' items that sell lower than they'd like.

In my experience, a less than honest seller, is likely to be a less than honest buyer, so this would be one for the blocked bidder lists also.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun May 08, 2011 7:21 pm 

Here is the link to the Seller's feedback page. There are also interesting negs on page 3.

LINK

I am a very patient Buyer, but looking at the feedback, I suspect I have been duped. Seller marked my item as posted, but won't respond to inquiries and it should have arrived long ago.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun May 08, 2011 7:42 pm 

Jeremy - I'd just file a complaint with eBay and get your money back.

I won a Citadel AD&D Samurai (unreleased) from him a month or two ago and never heard anything. After three weeks, I inquired if he'd shipped it, since he's in England and shipping would take awhile.

He never responded, and on day 7 I escalated the complaint to Customer Support and they refunded my PayPal account within 24 hours citing his lack of response.

Was pretty easy, but I did add him to my block list.

Original 28mm fantasy gaming miniatures at http://www.centerstageminis.com

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun May 08, 2011 10:15 pm 

Hi Matt. Yeah. Should have done that, but I am a tad too patient and I let it slip past the 45 day deadline. Means I can't do anything except neg him. At what point does Ebay shut down Sellers such as this? He seems to have defrauded a lot of people.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun May 08, 2011 10:19 pm 

I bought something from this seller a little while back but it took a few weeks for them to get the item into the mail.  I did get a couple of update emails along the way.  It seems things have taken a turn for the worse - I probably wouldn't buy from them again.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun May 08, 2011 10:23 pm 

I'm not familiar enough with eBay anymore or their new policies to know if or what eBay might do - but I suppose now that his feedback is 94% people will think twice before bidding.

Original 28mm fantasy gaming miniatures at http://www.centerstageminis.com

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon May 09, 2011 3:46 am 

mbassoc2003 wrote:baronofmonausen is an Acaeum memeber, and never received stuff sold at a low price. It seems that the seller either has a local post office that are in the business of stealing mail, or are dishonest themselves. The former is stretching the possibilities of coincidence, so I'd avoid this seller, as they seem to be dishonest, at the very least, uncommunicative and good at 'losing' items that sell lower than they'd like.

In my experience, a less than honest seller, is likely to be a less than honest buyer, so this would be one for the blocked bidder lists also.

Hi folks, yes: i do confirm that this seller is not reliable... i left a neg because he simply never shipped the stuff and never replied to my messagges... really a bad experience.

(sorry if i forgot to post this guy here!)

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon May 09, 2011 9:09 am 

Hard to believe so many Acaeum members are being ripped off.

He is flat out STEALING money and e-Bay is barely aware he exists.

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon May 09, 2011 9:45 am 

eBay are getting their fees.
They have no reputation to defend, as they have no credible competitor.
Why should they care?

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon May 09, 2011 3:13 pm 

That's why it's so important for disgruntled buyers to leave negs and bad DSRS.  It's basically a self-policing community at this point.

Common sense says you never buy anything from someone that has feedback lower than 98%.

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Prolific Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon May 09, 2011 6:23 pm 

Badmike wrote:That's why it's so important for disgruntled buyers to leave negs and bad DSRS.  It's basically a self-policing community at this point.

Common sense says you never buy anything from someone that has feedback lower than 98%.

Mike B.

Or if it's a positive experience leave 5/5 stars because anything less will cause the seller to rapidly lose 1) placement in searches 2) top seller status & 3) any discounts to FVF which could potentially be passed along to the buyers. Yeah, eBay sucks.

The eye that looks ahead to the safe course is closed forever.

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri May 13, 2011 10:49 am 

RIPMICHAELJACKSON

** expired/removed eBay auction **

I still have not received the item yet and have opened up a dispute with Ebay asking for a full refund.

Priority mail shipping... I should have received it already...

*sigh*

edited for spelling - thanks

RPG’s, D&D in particular has had a major influence in my life. It’s bonded me together with life long friends...it’s that bond in life not just as friends, but in our jokes, our mannerisms, and what we find funny. Invincible Overlord

Last edited by Invincible Overlord on Fri May 13, 2011 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 82 of 104123 ... 79, 80, 81, 82, 83 ... 102103104