Shady Dealers
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 81 of 104123 ... 78, 79, 80, 81, 82 ... 102103104
Author

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:35 am 

misterspock wrote:That's a different seller. Stylean was just toying with Gnat. That woman's ID is still the same.

btw I thought that you could reply to reply comment, Gnat.

It has been YEARS since I last posted a negative feedback, so I honestly do not know.
Would LOVE to do so though, as she is lying in her response.

I thought I had seen it done before, but it is not allowing me to do so...
No buttons or links or anything like it are present when I go to her Feedback page.

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:38 am 

Not worth it. Buyers will make their own decisions, and based on what they see now, they'll be suspicious.  If you get into a "feedback" war they will be apt to dismiss both sets of comments equally.  Time to move on.

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:28 am 

Hi,

I was watching the item mentioned above.

Now, when you go to it, the seller is a newbie started a coupla days ago.

Maybe I'm going potty - could have sworn it was her  :scratch:

Working too hard :(

Cheers,
malc

I have a plan so cunning, you could put a tail on it and call it a weasel.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:38 am 

yeah, the one that was posted above that I saw is being sold in Missouri, but I think Gnat bought his from a seller in Oregon

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:47 am 

misterspock wrote:yeah, the one that was posted above that I saw is being sold in Missouri, but I think Gnat bought his from a seller in Oregon

Right, sorry, was as Spock said, a joke - in fact there have probably been 3 or 4 copies of Ptolus listed since this debacle - none appear to be in the same state / locale as the "problem" seller.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:45 pm 

Anyone have dealings with EBay seller murtherous? Won three auctions recently on low initial bids. Seller responded to combined shipping request. Several days pass when I get a full refund and notes through EBay resolution notices saying the items were put up mistakenly. I'd be content to let it go, as the items are not on my OMG-MUST-GET-THESE list, but rather curiosity items of passing interest.

Just wondering if the winning bids were too low, and he makes a habit of putting stuff back up expecting better results.

At which point he gets reported.  :wink:

LINKY 1

LINKY 2

LINKY 3

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 4:10 am 

All the items are just cheap run of the mill stuff. Nothing there worth more than $5. I'd leave him with three negaives, one every few weeks so it keeps the negatives on his front page longer. Guy is clearly trying to screw you over.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 9:38 am 

SimperingToad wrote:...Just wondering if the winning bids were too low, and he makes a habit of putting stuff back up expecting better results....

Oh I don't know... those books normally sell in the $3-$5 range - I wouldn't necessarily think there's much to be gained from cancelling/relisting, especially since they could easily go unsold next time around.

Something must have happened, but I'd be inclined to give the benefit (once!) and move on... just my humble opinion of course :)

(Now when Troll & Toad did that to me for a second time, I neg'd and won't ever buy from them now  :evil: )

I draw the line at collecting... D&D beach towels.

Shoulda been: ".. from Pangreenia to Floratopolis, from mystical Treeonia of spectral Forests to Schruborial dimensions." - The Forests of Leng

Prolific Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon May 02, 2011 6:03 pm 

Don't normally do this since 99% of my dealings are positive but put this ID on your block list:
dallas.books.and.paper

They bought 3 high dollar items and attempted to return them without insurance. Post Office lost the package and now he's threatening to contact the FBI to report internet fraud despite repeated attempts to refund/replace.
Absolutely nuts.

Buyer (and seller) beware.

The eye that looks ahead to the safe course is closed forever.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon May 02, 2011 7:42 pm 

argyrebasin wrote:Don't normally do this since 99% of my dealings are positive but put this ID on your block list:
dallas.books.and.paper

They bought 3 high dollar items and attempted to return them without insurance. Post Office lost the package and now he's threatening to contact the FBI to report internet fraud despite repeated attempts to refund/replace.
Absolutely nuts.

I remember seeing stuff about this guy before. yep just found it.
viewtopic.php?p=178145&highlight=dallas+books+paper#178145

Prolific Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon May 02, 2011 8:52 pm 

misterspock wrote:
I remember seeing stuff about this guy before. yep just found it.
viewtopic.php?p=178145&highlight=dallas+books+paper#178145

Thanks for the pointer MS. That's just lovely - It's nice to know my experience wasn't unique.

Prolific Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue May 03, 2011 9:35 pm 

argyrebasin wrote:
Thanks for the pointer MS. That's just lovely - It's nice to know my experience wasn't unique.

Edit to say I lost my items, my money, & my ebay fees because of this guy/gal. EPIC fail - block at all costs.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Tue May 03, 2011 10:38 pm 

argyrebasin wrote:

Edit to say I lost my items, my money, & my ebay fees because of this guy/gal. EPIC fail - block at all costs.

I was just going through this guy's feedback and noticed a seriously disturbing trend with his shipping prices.  He puts quite a few of the 3.5 Players Handbooks up for sale at $40 a pop and charges $3.55 (or thereabouts) for shipping.  But with all of the first edition books he sells, he starts them out at 1 cent and charges $12 to $14 bucks for shipping.

A seemingly brilliant strategy since very few people are going to care about paying that much for shipping when they are getting the book for next to nothing.  Except for this newbie numb nut:

** expired/removed eBay auction **

Needless to say, I will be following his auctions closely for awhile and reporting any of them with higher than usual shipping quotes since it is against Ebay policy.  May not do any good but maybe it will.

By the way, since I dont follow 3/3.5 edition sales I was shocked to see people paying $40+ per book so I did a quick search on Ebay for completed auctions and I am just blown away by the prices on some of this stuff.  Most of the splatbooks seem to go for cheap but the 3.5 DMG and Players Handbook are almost always above $20 or more.  I even saw quite a few of what I would consider fairly useless splatbooks going for quite a lot.  8O

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Wed May 04, 2011 8:12 pm 

yep, a mate of mine has just started playing 3.5 and paid £51 for the 3  core books including shipping. I think it's insane but its definitely the going rate.

I have found numerous 3rd, and quite a few 4th edition books in charity shops, but never a 3.5 - perhaps it really is a proper playable version.

You can never have too much of something you didn't need in the first place.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu May 05, 2011 11:50 am 

argyrebasin wrote:Don't normally do this since 99% of my dealings are positive but put this ID on your block list:
dallas.books.and.paper

Absolutely nuts.

Just a quick note... Dallas.Books.and.Paper... Bought a copy of Chainmail from me, paid quick, received the item and posted positive feedback... I agree the guy should have shipped the return with delivery confirmation... but yeah the threats are kinda "over the top" so thanks for the heads-up... my transaction with him was fine, however.

Here is the item:

** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **

Tom aka DiscoDadda

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu May 05, 2011 12:24 pm 

Kingofpain89 wrote:
By the way, since I dont follow 3/3.5 edition sales I was shocked to see people paying $40+ per book so I did a quick search on Ebay for completed auctions and I am just blown away by the prices on some of this stuff.  Most of the splatbooks seem to go for cheap but the 3.5 DMG and Players Handbook are almost always above $20 or more.  I even saw quite a few of what I would consider fairly useless splatbooks going for quite a lot.  8O

Top 5 books for 3.5:

PHB
Spell Compendium
Magic Item Compendium
DMG
Rules Compendium

More than $20? Try more than $30 for these (except the DMG, which sells in the $20 - $30 range).

Actually the Spell Compendium sells for $40 and more...

3.5 is here to stay folks...   :D

RPG’s, D&D in particular has had a major influence in my life. It’s bonded me together with life long friends...it’s that bond in life not just as friends, but in our jokes, our mannerisms, and what we find funny. Invincible Overlord

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu May 05, 2011 12:36 pm 

Invincible Overlord wrote:
Top 5 books for 3.5:

PHB
Spell Compendium
Magic Item Compendium
DMG
Rules Compendium

More than $20? Try more than $30 for these (except the DMG, which sells in the $20 - $30 range).

I made a small fortune at Gencon last two years running selling off 3.5 books.  I bought them from around town for $5-10 each and sold them at the gencon store for $20-$40each; sold them all both years.  probably sold over 100 books over the two years.

It a gold mine I tell ya!!! :lol:

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu May 05, 2011 12:40 pm 

Invincible Overlord wrote:
Top 5 books for 3.5:

PHB
Spell Compendium
Magic Item Compendium
DMG
Rules Compendium

While I agree with your prices for the books you listed; I dissagree (sort of) with your top 5 list for 3.5 edition books.
None of the Monster Manuals are listed and When sold seperately (one book at a time)  they seldom sell for under $30 each.
Perhaps the list just needs to be a top 10 list instead of top 5. :wink:

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 81 of 104123 ... 78, 79, 80, 81, 82 ... 102103104