Shady Dealers
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 75 of 104123 ... 72, 73, 74, 75, 76 ... 102103104
Author

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 2:40 pm 

You I am really starting to hate ebay :x

I just bought a load of stuff from "hamilcar".  it went fairly cheap and his feedback was stellar so I was confident it would arrive in the "NEW CONDITION"  as descried at the top of every auction.  I know he has been on ebay for years selling an old warehouse find so for some reason I expected the stuff to show up in nice shrink condition for my ever growing hoard of stuff

Then I got the packages :evil: , shrink torn, corners f**cked, rusted staples.  In short it is junk that should be in the dollar bin at Half price books.  I bought most of this crap to replace my unshrinked copies, now it goes in the garbage.

This is the 4th auction in a row I have been screwed on.  It is apparent that most ebay sellers are only concerned with collecting cash.  Lie,cheat and steal, get the money and hope nobody complains.

For your info here is a list of his latest lies

eBay listings

Anyway I am bypassing paypal for this one and going straight to the credit card company for my refund.

Ebay really does suck.

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 2:48 pm 

I've gotten a few SW clunkers from Hamilcar myself. I was able to get partial refunds from him though without any hassle.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 3:36 pm 

I won some GW/SF auctions and an Alternity book from Hamilcar. One of the Star Frontiers books had browning within the shrink wrap but I didn't notice any moldy odor. The Alternity book was not new but used. I already left feedback and didn't think much else about it. Should I inquire as to a partial refund?

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 3:39 pm 

bamajon1974 wrote:I won some GW/SF auctions and an Alternity book from Hamilcar. One of the Star Frontiers books had browning within the shrink wrap but I didn't notice any moldy odor. The Alternity book was not new but used. I already left feedback and didn't think much else about it. Should I inquire as to a partial refund?

Browning is probably rust or mold, if you got a used item advertized as new and left positive feedback you are actually helping this liar along to rip off more people.

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 3:50 pm 

I left them in the SW and stored them in plastic magazine bags. Any contamination is separated from my other clean books. Do you recommend just removing the SW to check the books?

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 4:05 pm 

bamajon1974 wrote:I left them in the SW and stored them in plastic magazine bags. Any contamination is separated from my other clean books. Do you recommend just removing the SW to check the books?

I would open up the shrink on the brown one outside away from my good stuff near the garbage can :)

If it is mold then not to far to throw it.  If is is rust then you'll know and can make a decision about keeping it.

Man I wish there was a banned seller list, I recal buying some garbage from this jacka** as few years ago now and having the same issue :( .  I just forgot about it I guess.

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 4:11 pm 

Blackmoor wrote:
I would open up the shrink on the brown one outside away from my good stuff near the garbage can :)

If it is mold then not to far to throw it.  If is is rust then you'll know and can make a decision about keeping it.

Man I wish there was a banned seller list, I recal buying some garbage from this jacka** as few years ago now and having the same issue :( .  I just forgot about it I guess.

What I was doing was leaving a neg and asking them to put me on their blocked buyers list.

"You get more with a kind word and an excruciator than with just a kind word."

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 4:19 pm 

I had the same problem with several shrink items I bought on eBay from Hamilcar a few years back.  The auctions mentioned corner damage which I imagined to be dings or bumps, and from the picture you really could not tell.   It turned out that all the corner damage was due to some type of insect and/or rodent gnawing the outer covers and several of the interior pages. 8O

Even though the auction mentioned corner damage, he agreed to replace the ones I had with other stock he had not listed.  I did not mention him in the Shady Dealers thread since he took care of the issue and just told me to keep the damaged modules; however, I have been careful in bidding on his auctions and avoiding the shrink modules which mention corner damage for fear of a repeat.

Sorry you have had the same bad experience, Jeff.  I would try to shoot him an email first and see if he will replace the modules with others or just give you a refund.

Hello Mrs. Cleaver, Theodore.

Gee, Mrs. Cleaver ... That certainly is a lovely dress.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 5:54 pm 

Ok I retrieved my questionable books. One Star Frontiers module has some worn corners and browning that appears to be on the plastic and not the book. Another Star Frontiers modules only has corner wear. The other three, 2nd ed. DnD books, are still wrapped tightly with no apparent wearing or damage. I cannot detect any odors from the books or magazine sleeves I stored them in. I also bought an Alternity book that wasn't SW but isn't new and is worn along the edges and corners.

I think I will open the potentially bad SF module and discard if necessary.

I will contact the seller to see if he is willing to offer any kind of refund.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 9:06 pm 

Hamilcar is a member of the Acaeum.

profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=956

He's a long-time seller who often deals in lower-end items.

In my own experince, he's a bit dodgy on staple rust...and I told him so...but I did not ask for a refund because I felt I was still ahead on the price.

Why don't you contact him and tell him you're unhappy? Maybe he'll make it right.

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:39 am 

beasterbrook wrote:seems very cheep..

** expired/removed eBay auction **

Brette:)

Troll & Toad kept my money for four weeks before cancelling this sale... if they were legitimately out-of-stock, then that is unreasonably long period of time...

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:32 pm 

Hamilcar refunded 25% of my purchase price as the Gamma World/Star Frontiers modules had rusted staples.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:04 pm 

bamajon1974 wrote:Gamma World/Star Frontiers modules had rusted staples.

There was another seller a while back who was selling a old TSR stuff in shrink.  The big trouble with shrink is that you really don't know what is inside.  This particular sell sold a lot of old stock.  I think a few people from here also bought a bunch of it and a bunch to resell.  I opened a few of the items that I picked up (SF and GW) and all of them had lots of staple rust.  The staples are on the inside of the folder so you can't tell if they are rusted or not without opening the shrink.

I have often wondered how copies of TSR modules that "mint in shrink" really have rusted staples inside.  As a personal guess, I think it is probably in the 50% range.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:32 pm 

Hamilcar refunded a portion of what I had to pay (~25% of cost) and was left with decently readable (but not mint) and more importantly not moldy books so I can live with it. I just need to be more careful in the future to ask about odors, stains, etc. in SW.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:42 pm 

davidc wrote:
Troll & Toad kept my money for four weeks before cancelling this sale... if they were legitimately out-of-stock, then that is unreasonably long period of time...

Refunds do seem to be an issue with T&T.. offering them seems to be the main issue when there is a problem with the order..

Brette:)

Being healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:28 am 

OK, some of you people are the lowest form of scum.  I am not a liar or a jackass though a see several of you are.  I always take care of problems even when they aren't my fault such as Post Office damage.  I always take care of my mistakes.  Ask anyone that has asked for a refund if I refused them.  In fact I ask them what they think is fair.  For two reasons.  One is they now have the stuff so they know better than I do the problems. The other is the customer is always right.  I have worked too hard to cultivate my business to have some sniveling morons insult me.  I currently have a 8556 feedback at 100%, on ebay.  Do you think that is an accident? I have received feedback for 23,059 so saying only half sold items get feedback roughly that means I've sold 46,000 items.  Sure, with that many old items some if not a lot aren't going to be perfect.  But like I said I'll make those good.  The nerve of some spineless morons.

Last edited by Hamilcar on Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:38 am 

An offer to refund or otherwise make good.  Sounds totally fair to me.

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:43 am 

FormCritic wrote:An offer to refund or otherwise make good.  Sounds totally fair to me.

I can't really do more than that.  Thanks for agreeing with me.  As always, if anyone is displeased let me know what THEY think is fair.  I will take care of it.  As I always have.

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 75 of 104123 ... 72, 73, 74, 75, 76 ... 102103104