Shady Dealers
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 74 of 104123 ... 71, 72, 73, 74, 75 ... 102103104
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 2:35 am 

TheHistorian wrote:

** expired/removed eBay auction **

What more do you feel I can say to eBay?  I declined the sale cancellation offer.  I left negative feedback.  I opened a complaint with customer service.  I didn't know there were further options.

There are no further options.

You could always start a private prosecution in the small claims court agains the guy for breach of contract. Force him to your juristiction even if you win nothing.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 2:47 am 

I think the only thing that would help your case is if its relisted for less than $165, which he stated was his price originally.
The guy is clearly a dick and doing anymore than what you've done already is going to cause you agg. Neg his arse, raise a complaint and move on I say. At least the guys here know not to buy from him.
Was $65 particularly well priced for this at the start or about right? I dont watch these.

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 2:54 am 

TheHistorian wrote:

** expired/removed eBay auction **

What more do you feel I can say to eBay?  I declined the sale cancellation offer.  I left negative feedback.  I opened a complaint with customer service.  I didn't know there were further options.

Now report the fraudulent listing.  Point out where he is re-selling the same item.

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 5:17 am 

FormCritic wrote:
Now report the fraudulent listing.  Point out where he is re-selling the same item.

Is it fraudulent though? I'd say not. But as he has listed it for $90, clearly not the $165 he said he should have listed it, then he is being an ass and ebay should do something about that, but clearly won't.

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 7:10 pm 

Deception for the purpose of getting money.

That is the definition of fraud.  The seller offered a product at a price.  The seller defaulted on the sale and lied about the reasons.  Fraud.

Probably a bit melodramatic.  

The concept of an Ebay auction does not work if the seller does not accept the risk that an item will sell lower than he wanted.

Ebay should hammer him.

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 7:46 pm 

Part of my duties out in the real world involves dealing with vehicle auctions... our contract is quite strict with serious sanctions for conduct that undermines the intergrity of the auction process (e.g. shilling, side deals, abuse of 'lemon laws')... I expect the standard is quite high for reputable auction house (art, antiques?)... sadly the ebay standard is only a high as the time & trouble it takes to open a new account... I'd make my complaint, post here, then move on... I'm sorry it didn't work out for you  :(

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 8:35 pm 

Yes, the Ebay standard is pretty low.  The seller can do this twice more before Ebay will suspend the account.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:39 am 

It didn't sell at $90.  Thank you all for that!

Relisted again at $60/75 BIN.

Tempted to try to win this for less than I did the first time.   :twisted:

Areas of interest/knowledge: Harn, WFRP, Ars Magica, anything BRP based such as CoC, Runequest, Pendragon and all their related games

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:48 am 

TheHistorian wrote:Relisted again at $60/75 BIN.

Tempted to try to win this for less than I did the first time.

Astonishing that no one else BIN it. Still for sale...

Adventures in Austerion : a fantasy RPG, with boardgame mechanisms and modular battlemap. By Guillaume Tavernier and Géraud G.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:24 am 

Not an RPG dealer, but an interesting story nevertheless:
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/11/28/busin ... gewanted=1

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:48 am 

sauromatian wrote:Not an RPG dealer, but an interesting story nevertheless:
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/11/28/busin ... gewanted=1

This was in the Random Thoughts thread:

Kingofpain89 wrote:Interesting story about an individual who seems very similar to cougarrinard.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/11/28/busin ... lobal-home

It is a fascinating read even though it's lengthy.

Truth is worth finding and life is too short to work for money.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:58 am 

benjoshua wrote:This was in the Random Thoughts thread

I thought I had seen it here, but couldn't find it. Oh well, at least this isn't Dragonsfoot, where such duplication would get the thread locked.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 2:40 pm 

You I am really starting to hate ebay :x

I just bought a load of stuff from "hamilcar".  it went fairly cheap and his feedback was stellar so I was confident it would arrive in the "NEW CONDITION"  as descried at the top of every auction.  I know he has been on ebay for years selling an old warehouse find so for some reason I expected the stuff to show up in nice shrink condition for my ever growing hoard of stuff

Then I got the packages :evil: , shrink torn, corners f**cked, rusted staples.  In short it is junk that should be in the dollar bin at Half price books.  I bought most of this crap to replace my unshrinked copies, now it goes in the garbage.

This is the 4th auction in a row I have been screwed on.  It is apparent that most ebay sellers are only concerned with collecting cash.  Lie,cheat and steal, get the money and hope nobody complains.

For your info here is a list of his latest lies

eBay listings

Anyway I am bypassing paypal for this one and going straight to the credit card company for my refund.

Ebay really does suck.

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 2:48 pm 

I've gotten a few SW clunkers from Hamilcar myself. I was able to get partial refunds from him though without any hassle.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 3:36 pm 

I won some GW/SF auctions and an Alternity book from Hamilcar. One of the Star Frontiers books had browning within the shrink wrap but I didn't notice any moldy odor. The Alternity book was not new but used. I already left feedback and didn't think much else about it. Should I inquire as to a partial refund?

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 3:39 pm 

bamajon1974 wrote:I won some GW/SF auctions and an Alternity book from Hamilcar. One of the Star Frontiers books had browning within the shrink wrap but I didn't notice any moldy odor. The Alternity book was not new but used. I already left feedback and didn't think much else about it. Should I inquire as to a partial refund?

Browning is probably rust or mold, if you got a used item advertized as new and left positive feedback you are actually helping this liar along to rip off more people.

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 3:50 pm 

I left them in the SW and stored them in plastic magazine bags. Any contamination is separated from my other clean books. Do you recommend just removing the SW to check the books?

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 4:05 pm 

bamajon1974 wrote:I left them in the SW and stored them in plastic magazine bags. Any contamination is separated from my other clean books. Do you recommend just removing the SW to check the books?

I would open up the shrink on the brown one outside away from my good stuff near the garbage can :)

If it is mold then not to far to throw it.  If is is rust then you'll know and can make a decision about keeping it.

Man I wish there was a banned seller list, I recal buying some garbage from this jacka** as few years ago now and having the same issue :( .  I just forgot about it I guess.

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 74 of 104123 ... 71, 72, 73, 74, 75 ... 102103104