Shady Dealers
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 68 of 104123 ... 65, 66, 67, 68, 69 ... 102103104
Author

** Banned **

Post Posted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:41 am 

The seller has responded to someone's question about the shrink:

Q: Which items are still in shrink?
A: It is duplicates these are now my mine. The first was my deceased brothers. Mom/dad made us happy by given us equal gifts. they are in good shape. The ones in shrink wrap are m39174, da39191,h29168, and 0849203

Clearly the seller is a rocket scientist with a high degree of integrity, so no worries about bidding  :roll: .

** Banned **

Post Posted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:01 am 

8O

Another proof how unfair Acaeum members can ruin a seller's reputation in less than two days : in case you have no proof, please wait the seller's answer and shut up !:evil:

:arrow: ruining a reputation is very easy, but restoring it is always very difficult - even if you state another point later.
Meta, i really think your last message is not enough : it would be better to edit ALL of your messages concerning this seller to amend your mistake IN EACH OF THEM ... :roll:

How will you really react in case you were pointed out in a new topic called "Idiot Lucky Luke Acaeum members" ? :lol:

Some sellers here may be accused of outrageous shipping charges, but noone want to state it ... in name of what ? Status Quo ? Just because they are Acaeum members, and we all saw what happened concerning Tharizdun when he was pointed out by another "idiot Lucky Luke", isn't it ?

So i recommand to all of you to try to be fair and wait to be sure before ruining other sellers reputations or doubting about their honesty.
Thanks you very much for your understanding, as it may also happen to all of us.

Kindest regards.

** Banned **

Post Posted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:08 pm 

No.

The listing is very, very suspicious, and the seller has selectively responded to one inquiry which is patently staged (note that he answers a question that isn't even asked), rather than answer everyone's questions individually. He states that he and his deceased brother were given exact duplicates of every single item in the lot when they were children; presumably the modules in this lot are in precisely the same condition as those in the last, hence the identical picture.

Likely he's a deposed Nigerian prince, as well.

Look, I was just trying to point out potential fraud, so someone here wouldn't get burned. Take it or leave it.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:04 pm 

Whoa, lurker! Meta has made a good call here, IMO, its a tip off.

Go win the items and come back to show they are genuine. Right now, I'd not take a punt on this seller, its far to dubious.
Thats not saying it is, it just looks it.

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 4:02 pm 

ashmire13 wrote:Whoa, lurker! Meta has made a good call here, IMO, its a tip off.

Go win the items and come back to show they are genuine. Right now, I'd not take a punt on this seller, its far to dubious.

I sent this seller a question myself and no reply. He may be on the up and up but I would have more faith in that if he had answered my questions.

"You get more with a kind word and an excruciator than with just a kind word."

** Banned **

Post Posted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:36 pm 

ashmire13 wrote:Whoa, lurker! Meta has made a good call here, IMO, its a tip off.

You're right, excepted the fact i already have this stuff at home.

:oops:
To all of you, especially to Metamorphosissigma, please accept my sincere apologies, but :
* the topic title is "Shady dealers", clearly not "Maybe Shady dealers ?" - maybe a misunderstanding concerning "shady"
* i suffered that kind of mistakes some years ago on another forum - it explains my reaction, as it affected my sales greatly so it's the reason why i replied this way

Again, please accept my apologies. I repeat : ALL OF YOU.

** Banned **

Post Posted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:48 pm 

JasonZavoda wrote:
I sent this seller a question myself and no reply. He may be on the up and up but I would have more faith in that if he had answered my questions.

I saw, Jason. But my point is a personal answer or an answer to all in the bottom of the item description is the same, isn't it ?
The sole difference would be about grading the seller as DSR / comms : from my point a seller who answers every questions one by one is entitled in 5/5 but if i have to dig each item description bottom for a mass answer i will take it as a hassle so i think in case there is no other comms during the sale (no "thanks", no "your item has been shipped", and so on ...) i would maybe grade him 4/5 as DSR, or worse.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:03 am 

lurker, I'd call 'Shady' as suspicious, so this Meta case qualifies. 'Maybe Shady' are almost two words with the same meaning. Maybe its lost in translation

Crooks like coug and ETB/lisa_stuff_stinks etc, get their own thread.
:)

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

** Banned **

Post Posted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:36 am 

Ok, thanks !
Again, my sincere apologies to all of you. Sometimes, my mind wanders ...   :roll:

** Banned **

Post Posted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 4:20 pm 

No prob. In any case, if my/our suspicions have had any effect on the seller's reputation, I can't detect it. Bidding is proceeding apace, and looks to be set to approach or even equal the amount the lot went for the first time around. I feel badly for the buyer if the auction is bogus.

** Banned **

Post Posted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:18 pm 

Also i  :?
Trully hoping the best bidder will receive this lot in the same condition it is described ... Let's wait, watch and see what will happen concerning FB.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:58 pm 

Hey gang. Just wanted to post and clear things up regarding the recent transaction involving myself, that Meta saw fit to mention.

Firstly, I bid and won this auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... K:MEWNX:IT

The guy who was selling it actually lives like 20 minutes south of me, so we agreed to hook up face to face and just do cash, to avoid paypal fees and the like. We met up, he handed me a box of modules, I handed him a wad of cash, transaction successful. Think nothing more on the matter.

Later, another member points out to me that he has relisted the auction,

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... K:MEWAX:IT

and he wondered if I got shafted or if any sort of unpleasantness had occured. I shoot the guy an email, no response. I read his explanation of how he got the same listing again, so I figure WTH, I live right near him, I can't really get burned here, so I won that auction too.

Here's where the story goes south. He doesn't respond to my emails. I actually have his phone number, he gave it to me for the first transaction. I call him up and he pretends he can't hear me on his cell. (I get a lot of "hello?" type answers bah). Long story short, this guy is a newbie scammer. I guess he figured that since we did the first sale in cash, nobody would realize it officially and he could put one over on the next guy. He probably never realized the next guy could very well be me. LOL. At any rate, if he relists it again, avoid like the plague.

So, thumbs up to the people on the boards who keep an eye peeled, and I'm glad I could eat the scam this time with zero loss. Anybody else winning would have paid up front, and then gone thru a warzone to get any money back. :)

Zenfinite

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:11 pm 

Nice moral to the story, thanks for the update Zen. Shame the guy used a 'deceased brother' in the BS...

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 5:51 pm 

Zenfinite wrote:Hey gang. Just wanted to post and clear things up regarding the recent transaction involving myself, that Meta saw fit to mention.

Firstly, I bid and won this auction:

** expired/removed eBay auction **

The guy who was selling it actually lives like 20 minutes south of me, so we agreed to hook up face to face and just do cash, to avoid paypal fees and the like. We met up, he handed me a box of modules, I handed him a wad of cash, transaction successful. Think nothing more on the matter.

Later, another member points out to me that he has relisted the auction,

and he wondered if I got shafted or if any sort of unpleasantness had occured. I shoot the guy an email, no response. I read his explanation of how he got the same listing again, so I figure WTH, I live right near him, I can't really get burned here, so I won that auction too.

Here's where the story goes south. He doesn't respond to my emails. I actually have his phone number, he gave it to me for the first transaction. I call him up and he pretends he can't hear me on his cell. (I get a lot of "hello?" type answers bah). Long story short, this guy is a newbie scammer. I guess he figured that since we did the first sale in cash, nobody would realize it officially and he could put one over on the next guy. He probably never realized the next guy could very well be me. LOL. At any rate, if he relists it again, avoid like the plague.

So, thumbs up to the people on the boards who keep an eye peeled, and I'm glad I could eat the scam this time with zero loss. Anybody else winning would have paid up front, and then gone thru a warzone to get any money back. :)

Zenfinite

Good lord, what was this idiot thinking? Not only is this a scam that cannot work but he knows that people are suspicious of him. have you contacted ebay?

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 5:54 pm 

Here is another scammer. I won two softcover AD&D monster manual annuals from this seller and ask him to use two pieces of cardboard to protect them during shipping (he is charging $5 to ship them media mail). He tells me it will cost another $20 for him to ship them this way and wants me to send him the money via paypal. This is a regular seller with almost 10,000 feedback.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 6:00 pm 

A PayPal complaint for non-delivery of product is pretty much a slam dunk.

Are these guys just to lazy too be stupid?

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:53 pm 

sigh............. ripped off again, no communication and no item

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... K:MEWNX:IT

Didn't somebody say this guy was another incarnation of JonB :?

Anyway paypal claim started, I hope it turnms out well

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:59 pm 

Blackmoor wrote:sigh............. ripped off again, no communication and no item

Didn't somebody say this guy was another incarnation of JonB :?

Anyway paypal claim started, I hope it turnms out well

Look at that recent feedback with the "stolen items from my car" story, too.

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.d ... ckAsSeller

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 68 of 104123 ... 65, 66, 67, 68, 69 ... 102103104