Shady Dealers
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 66 of 104123 ... 63, 64, 65, 66, 67 ... 102103104
Author

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 1:17 am 

SimperingToad wrote:Not 'shady' per se, merely lazy and doesn't care to hide the fact. My copy of Pharaoh just finishes, and this guy immediately grabs his and copies my text (making slight changes to make it look legit) in his listing.

Its shady enough that Ebay counts it as a violation and you could report it and the listing would be removed - at least he didn't use your picture too.

BTW, that looks like a pretty disappointing final value - quite a bit lower than I would have thought but maybe a sign of the times.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 2:12 am 

And it looks like his listing is gone already.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:01 am 

Mars wrote:And it looks like his listing is gone already.

That was surprising. Part of me would have liked to see it stay. I can just imagine, since there was no reserve, everyone waiting until the last minute, then plunking down a $.99 bid. But me being evil.  :twisted:

I suspect the low finish being partly due to NorTex, maybe also due to the 2nd print woodgrain running at the same time. Didn't expect to get a result close to the recent Rahasias, but better than what it did.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:15 am 

SimperingToad wrote:Didn't expect to get a result close to the recent Rahasias, but better than what it did.

I would have hoped for a result higher than the Rahasia since Pharoah seems rarer than that.  I think it might show that a BIN is more the way to go at the moment.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:01 pm 

Caution. Not shady, just clueless about D&D stuff by his own admission... and was willing to waste time & explaining why it wasn't his fault that 1/3 of the product was missing, instead of offering a minor refund (less than $5 I suggested):

Merlyn's Comics Games and Rarities aka goribob on eBay.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:37 pm 

FYI, don't buy from discodadda unless you ask questions first.  Purchased a couple of game books from him recently.  When I received them, found out that they have a heavy smoke smell and were shipped in a plain envelope.  He put a piece of cardboard in the envelope to make it more rigid but it still didnt keep the spine on one of the books from being damaged during transit.

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Active Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:04 pm 

Beware shockwave317. Didn't recieve the book, sent a message. No answer, waited 5 days then went to resolution center.

He replied when they contacted him - "I have received your book back in the mail. However, due to other issues on eBay, I have not been able to reship it. I would absolutely love to reship, but as it looks right now I am not able to do so, until next Wednesday. I will keep you up to date, though."

I sent two follow up messages and no response.

Sale date: May-23-10 20:33:32 PDT
Seller: shockwave317
Case #: 5002675509
Case opened: Jun-14-10 15:32:50 PDT
Case closed: Jul-05-10 19:24:43 PDT

Pretty sad for a .99 cent book.

Michael

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 6:01 pm 

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0664437079

Any idea why the bids were cancelled and the auctions pulled at the last minute? Presumably either a private deal off eBay or the bids weren't going high enough fast enough. Either way it's pretty shady. Anyone heard anything from the seller? Are any of the other bidders on Acaeum?

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 6:03 pm 

No idea.  I was planning to bid though.  And, certainly more than $10.  /shrug

Pipswich Peddles (and trades) for his collection!  
http://stores.ebay.com/Pipswich-Peddles

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:39 pm 

mbassoc2003 wrote:
** expired/removed eBay auction **

Any idea why the bids were cancelled and the auctions pulled at the last minute? Presumably either a private deal off eBay or the bids weren't going high enough fast enough. Either way it's pretty shady. Anyone heard anything from the seller? Are any of the other bidders on Acaeum?

I'm sure he has a legitimate reason for pulling the auction. Definitely give him the benefit of the doubt, he's a very honest guy. Trust me, I've bought many things from him over the past couple years and never a shady deal! He's a great guy :D

In fact, I bought a couple of his other maps some months ago that were similar to these auction ones. I don't have the Birthright module or set that they're from unfortunately. But they're really cool. It's interesting how much detail goes into the maps. I really took the map art for granted all these years compared to the normal type of illustrations.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:19 am 

Thanks for giving me the benefit of the doubt... jerk.

Ask me about my new M16!

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:24 am 

Jerk?? sounds unnecessary...

MBass was asking a question of the situation, I'd guess that he hadn't realised the seller was you anyway. But Spock has already stated you're a good guy, so there's probably a good explanation.

Well, is there?  :?

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:41 am 

Either way, "presumably" putting me here on the shady dealer thread immediately without giving me the benefit of the doubt might not be "jerk" behavior to you unless it happens to YOU....

Ask me about my new M16!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:42 am 

Well, is there?  

Ask member "Allison"... she has all the answers :?

A couple others do as well but I only ID'd her so far...

Ask me about my new M16!

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:37 am 

I didn't realise you were a memeber. It was not an ID tag I knew and it wasn't until someone pointed out that you'd advertised it in the Classifieds that I linked your post with your eBay tag.

I apologise for not giving you the benefit of the doubt. I had been eagerly watching the auction and assumed it was about torise in the last few hours, and I was one of the existing bidders I belive. All I got was a cancelled bid notification and the auction was pulled.

All I can say was sorry for asking the question in open forum. If happens a lot on eBay that auctions are pulled, and had I know at the time it was an Acaeum member I would not have said anything.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 9:47 pm 

Seller has tried to sell same set now for $1000 (? forgot what exactly).. has now listed for 99cents plus $750 postage.. and is charging that amount to "I did it that way so I didn't have to pay those crooks at ebay a big fee." While I don't mind that sort of thing it is not mentioned in the auction and most people would just assume that the postage calculator is playing up.. on top of all that he is rather rude (as per his feedback as well it seems)

foureightyvolt

** expired/removed eBay auction **

Brette:)

Being healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 9:52 pm 

Probably goes a long way to explain the 95.2% feedback rating.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:11 am 

Report it - ebay will be happy to pull that down.

Areas of interest/knowledge: Harn, WFRP, Ars Magica, anything BRP based such as CoC, Runequest, Pendragon and all their related games

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 66 of 104123 ... 63, 64, 65, 66, 67 ... 102103104