Shady Dealers
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 64 of 104123 ... 61, 62, 63, 64, 65 ... 102103104
Author

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:33 am 

I would have thought you could get that removed, as they haven't contacted you to resolve it.

Ebay may take into account its their first purchase as well, so I'd hope you can get that cleaned up.

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:25 pm 

simrion wrote:The buyer decided on an immediate neg feedback rather than contacting me to see if I could resolve the issue so here is far warning if this person bids on any of the Acaeum Memberships auctions...

Ah, Monday, when eBay mail-roulette begins . . .

[rant]

While "hotpotatowned" is not one of my eBay accounts, I have become that sort of person over the years.  I am sick of eBay sellers who list items that are supposedly in great condition and then ship me items that arrive damaged or not at all.  Sometimes the sellers give a partial or full refund, and other times the sellers stall for time or ignore my complaints.

I have no pity for sellers with the "not responsible for damage" auction text.  I usually can wait for excuses or a resolution, but when weasel-words are used in the auction text, I expect weasel-words in whatever communication is sent.  I don't see the need to waste any time before filing a claim.

No, this is not fair to the seller who makes an honest mistake, but neither is my getting ripped off.  I don't think that anyone really pays attention to negative feedback, so my leaving a negative has little real effect.  But if I do not slam the seller with a negative, then his behavior will continue as if no one noticed.

[/rant]

I do expect the worst from people now.  Maybe I will be in a better mood as the weather gets warmer.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 3:46 pm 

One for the "item never arrived" pile. Seller 'onelastchance311' has not come through with a copy of AH 1776 game. First communication referenced an inaccurate ZIP code error, second states the package was on it's way for the second time. Never made it.

Doesn't seem to sell a lot of game items (all over the board really), but one never knows.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:43 pm 

Has anyone dealt with ebay member magicmerchant78?

Let mirth prevail!

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:14 pm 

SimperingToad wrote:One for the "item never arrived" pile. Seller 'onelastchance311' has not come through with a copy of AH 1776 game. First communication referenced an inaccurate ZIP code error, second states the package was on it's way for the second time. Never made it.

Doesn't seem to sell a lot of game items (all over the board really), but one never knows.

Cancel that order, waiter. The seller refunded the money for the lost package with no problems, despite the fact that action on the auction was past the time limit. He also had a second package to someone else not arrive as well.

Not quite the happy ending (no 1776), but not a hassle to deal with after all.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:56 pm 

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.d ... ckAsSeller

:lol:

And I could've bought these damn modules off the 1$ rack!!!

New modules for your Old School game http://pacesettergames.com/

Everything Pacesetter at http://pacesettergames.blog.com/

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:43 pm 

bbarsh wrote:Feedback Profile

:lol:

8O

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:28 am 

TBH, after a whole year of negative feedback, I get an overwhelming sence of schadenfreude when I see how many retards continue to buy and get shafted by Lisa. Let's face it; if they're that stupid, they shouldn't be online in the first place.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:28 am 

"Lisa" is so stupid to not at least "offer" up costly items. Might as well make some $$$ if you're gonna run a scam. Better to be an Enron executive than some guy running a shell game out in the cold.
Pip is still wondering about that dead Gulf War veteran husband piece of shit or whatever so be very careful not to slam "Lisa" :lol:
It really bugs me being a Vet how many pieces of shit claim to have been in the military or to have lost somebody. So many pieces of shit prowling the internet... losers are legion.

Ask me about my new M16!

Last edited by Tharizdun on Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:59 am 

Notice how "Lisa" shipped Tharizdun amongst all those other fiasco's. Nobody fucks with Tharizdun...

Ask me about my new M16!

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:10 am 

Yeah. Every AH in a pub in England under the age of 25 and under the IQ of 25, has been in the SAS too. There is however good evidence that the perp' is actually ex-military.

TBH, Lisa (a bloke BTW) is moderately smart. He's been running the same scam for over a decade, and is making a good regular income out of it. He's smart enough to conceal his true identity, and work the both the security systems of eBay and PayPal without legal repocussions. Yet he's not moved his location in the country, nor altered his modus operandi.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:18 am 

I don't get it.  What does he/she get out of this, but a bad rep?  Like you said, it's not high dollar stuff.  And Paypal refunds the buyers.  Based on the spate of putting a phone number in the feedback and not answering emails, I did start wondering if their modem was cut off.  

But, there is no excuse for this to have continued and it is shocking that ebay hasn't shut them down.  At this point is ebay going to let them keep listing to try to recover the refunds they are paying out?  Meanwhile, ebay and all sellers loose more buyer confidence?  Like I said, none of this makes sense.  It's not good business, it's not even elegant and successful fraud.  It's just stupid.

I certainly won't try to guess which stories told are true and which untrue or half true.  It really doesn't matter.  The stuff isn't getting delivered.  "Lisa" or whoever it is... shouldn't be on Ebay.  You all were definitely right about how this played out.

Pipswich Peddles (and trades) for his collection!  
http://stores.ebay.com/Pipswich-Peddles

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:09 am 

In a nutshell, the seller runs an eBay scam every few years and walks away with a few thousand dollars over the 60 days the downfall takes to fully play out. Bear in mind that this is the fourth incarnation that we can deffinately tie to the same perpetrator, this one has played out with lower value product, and the fact that PayPal is more rigorous about pursuing and freezing PayPal accounts, the perp' is likely to have made far less money for far the same investment of time and work that they've put into the scam each time round.

However, eBay has not been as proactive in shutting the account down, and we all know they know this is the same thief. EBay has it's own agenda here based on money and fees, and provided they get their money, they see no reason to prevent fraud. It doesn't damage their reputation or market position any.

This is a guy. If they don't shut him down he'll linger for a while in the same manner. If they shut him down, he'll be back on eBay in the next two years. Same MO. Same style. Same excuses. Same stock. Same address locale. Sure as sh!t is sh!t, there'll be someone here defending them. No attack at you personally, Pip. You weren't to know. But you'll be able to watch this all play out again next time with someone else in your place in the drama. And it'll probably be Brian who outs his next ID within a few weeks of him going live with stock.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:25 am 

Has anyone else reported him?

I just reported him to Ebay.  I wonder if anyone else has done that yet.

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:36 pm 

Done many times. Been going on a year. It's fun watching people getting screwed though. :lol:

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:13 pm 

mbassoc2003 wrote:Done many times. Been going on a year. It's fun watching people getting screwed though. :lol:

I never got screwed myself, though I got quite a lot of nice items from him/her/it before the crap hit the fan this time. :lol:

Stacks of nice stuff even.
In fact, some of the + Feedbacks for lisas_stuff (whomever...) from this group of E-Bay sales, were provided by me.
And I do not mind some here thinking I should not have done so.
I got my stuff and it came as described.
Did not leave FB for that last package though as the shipping time was so terrible.
By that same token I would not have blaimed anyone else (but myself) if I had been screwed over either.
I knew what I was doing was risky....

But the last few items I bought took over 6 weeks to arrive here, so I did not bid on any other items after that.
I figured it was time for me to stop going there...
I stopped just in time it seems, as I got everything that I won (and paid for) from that seller.... eventually....

And I wont take all the credit for having the sense to stop buying from them at the right time either.
Most of the credit goes to the eagle eyed watchers here letting us all know what was about to happen.

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue May 18, 2010 8:30 pm 

Just in case....

I received the following from eBay today:

"Our records show that you recently contacted or received messages from discountrpg through eBay's messaging system. This account was recently found to have been accessed by an unauthorized third party, who may have used the account in an attempt to defraud other members.

We've taken action to restore this account to the original owner, but wanted to let you know to be suspicious of any communication you may have received from them. Nothing is wrong with your account at this time ? this message is just being sent as a precaution.
"

The seller, discountrpg, had auctions for the RPGA and R series modules.

The RPGA4 (item #320529344184 that ended May 11th, 2010) listing has been removed, as have all the others.

I hope no one here was caught out, or it's just a glitch.

Best,

Paul

Even a stopped clock tells the right time twice a day, and for once I'm inclined to believe...we are indeed drifting into the arena of the unwell.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed May 19, 2010 2:58 am 

PaulKM wrote:Just in case.... I received the following from eBay today:"Our records show that you recently contacted or received messages from discountrpg through eBay's messaging system. This account was recently found to have been accessed by an unauthorized third party, who may have used the account in an attempt to defraud other members. We've taken action to restore this account to the original owner, but wanted to let you know to be suspicious of any communication you may have received from them. Nothing is wrong with your account at this time ? this message is just being sent as a precaution."The seller, discountrpg, had auctions for the RPGA and R series modules.The RPGA4 (item #320529344184 that ended May 11th, 2010) listing has been removed, as have all the others. I hope no one here was caught out, or it's just a glitch. Best,Paul
I got a message from E-Bay regarding this seller as well: We're writing to let you know that we removed the listing for the following item that you won or bid on:
** expired/removed eBay auction **
- RPGA2 Black Opal Eye Rare D&D Module Mint++!To help protect you, we removed this listing so we can confirm that the seller is not putting you or other eBay members at risk.If you've already paid for this item through eBay, you can open a case in our Resolution Center to get your money back. You need to wait 7 days from the day you paid before you can open a case. After 7 days, all you need to do is click the link below, and select the "I haven't received it yet" option. This will guide you through the process to get a refund. (Unfortunately, because we removed the listing, you won't be able to look up the seller's contact information.)If you won the item but haven't paid yet, don't pay for it. If the seller offers you the item outside of eBay, we strongly encourage you to not accept the offer. These types of transactions are extremely risky and are not covered by eBay buyer protection programs. If you didn't pay through eBay, please read the following information:-- If you paid by Western Union or MoneyGram, contact the company directly (Western Union 800-325-6000 or MoneyGram 800-926-9400).-- If you paid by check, contact your bank to stop payment.-- If you paid by credit card, contact your credit card company to dispute the charge.We want to make sure you get your money back safely and quickly.Thanks,eBay Luckily, I wasn't the winner in any of these auctions.

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 64 of 104123 ... 61, 62, 63, 64, 65 ... 102103104