Shady Dealers
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 63 of 104123 ... 60, 61, 62, 63, 64 ... 102103104
Author

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:34 pm 

ashmire13 wrote:Faith in ebay sellers is restored!

OutSTANDing!  Thanks for posting this!  I appreciate all the info presented here for both the casual and serious collector, but I really like hearing stories that replenish my faith in mankind.

I'm Everywhere

Collector

Post Posted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:32 pm 

puterdragon wrote:I'm wondering how easily a person can "block?" a seller's listings from showing up on an eBay search. Is it a simple adjustment and can anyone tell me how to do it?
(It would save me a lot of time ploughing through listings belonging to a seller I'm not interested in dealing with.)
Gary

I saw this and wanted to comment.

There is a way to remove sellers that you don't want and it is pretty simple.

Say you want to search for D&D XYZ.  Put that in and click on advanced search and you will get a slew of option.  One of which is

SellersOnly

show items from:
Specific sellers (enter seller's user IDs)
Include/Exclude
Separate names by a comma or a space.

Click only show items from, select the exclude option, put your seller names in that you don't want *cough* cougar *cough*, hit search and voila, you remove anyone you don't want.

Just remember to save it to your bookmarks and you can always just click on it and it retains the options you put in.

Hope that helps.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:20 pm 

Unfortunately that doesn't completely work, at least not for me.  Last time I tried, I then couldn't do something... change the sort order maybe?  Or do another search with the same options?  I don't recall.

Maybe it has improved and is worth another try.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:14 pm 

mustang wrote:

Say you want to search for D&D XYZ.  Put that in and click on advanced search and you will get a slew of option.  One of which is

SellersOnly

show items from:
Include/Exclude

Click only show items from, select the exclude option, put your seller names in that you don't want *cough* cougar *cough*, hit search and voila, you remove anyone you don't want.

Just remember to save it to your bookmarks and you can always just click on it and it retains the options you put in.

Hope that helps.

Thanks, seems to work for me on my current searches this evening. Be sure to add moneyforoldrope2010 as well, as it is the cougars new ID and is slowly starting to make sales.

Tried several specific searches and it isn't bringing up any of their items.  :wink:

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:20 pm 

Not a shady dealer as such, but one must beware of items that say something like:
Items may smell of smoke : I sell items from a smoking environment. I do my best to 'air out' all items prior to shipment. Items MAY still have a smoky odor. I use the word 'may' because as I personally am a smoker, I cannot detect the smell of smoke (no smoker can).

I smoke and can still easily detect the smell of smoke and other odors.  And, yes, my purchase reeked of smoke.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:31 pm 

That is actually one of the most honest smoke disclaimers I have seen.  Shady would be if you get some smoked up items, complain, and the seller comes back with "I don't smoke, you are mistaken."

Unfortunate for you in your case, but can't say you weren't warned.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:45 pm 

JohnGaunt wrote:Not a shady dealer as such, but one must beware of items that say something like:

I smoke and can still easily detect the smell of smoke and other odors.  And, yes, my purchase reeked of smoke.

Yeah but you smoke those girly Virginia Slims.  Those arent really cigarettes.  In fact, werent you one of their spokesmodels for awhile?

Or is that a different long-haired, asian guy with glasses?  :P

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:49 pm 

JohnGaunt wrote:Not a shady dealer as such, but one must beware of items that say something like:

If I ever have to start making that determination, I'm in trouble. I do not smoke, but I can't say that something I might resell doesn't smell of smoke. In fact, I personally cannot determine smoke or any other odor at all, as I have no sense of smell.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:11 pm 

Kingofpain89 wrote:
Yeah but you smoke those girly Virginia Slims.  Those arent really cigarettes.  In fact, werent you one of their spokesmodels for awhile?

[ Image ]

Or is that a different long-haired, asian guy with glasses?  :P

King, :lol:

JG, you are a hideous woman but a damn good deterrent.  I dig the whole 70s vibe of the ad, King.  Well done...oh wait the nausea is returning....

Best,

Paul

Even a stopped clock tells the right time twice a day, and for once I'm inclined to believe...we are indeed drifting into the arena of the unwell.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:27 pm 

Kingofpain89 wrote:Or is that a different long-haired, asian guy with glasses?  :P

We all look the same.

I don't have that much of the Innsmouth look, do I?

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:33 pm 

While the smoky-seller was not shady, seller randallandsarah is close to that line:

. . .  
** expired/removed eBay auction **

Yes, it's an auction for a photo of a dice set.   And it's not even a physical print; the photo will be e-mailed.  :roll:

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:49 pm 

At least they offer free shipping!

"We dwarves are natural sprinters. Very dangerous over short distances!"
My lead-centric blog: http://theleaddragon.blogspot.com/
Also known as soccer_dad66 on eBay.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:19 am 

mustang wrote:

SellersOnly

show items from:
Include/Exclude

Hope that helps.

Thanks a lot! Just knowing it's in the "advanced search" is helpful. I've tried once without success, but I'll get it to work--it seems to want me to restrict my searches to specific sellers right now. But the happy day of success will come eventually--I'll just keep fiddling with the checkboxes.
<determined look>
Gary

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:28 pm 

Not a "shady dealer" but not sure where else to post this one so more an FYI.  Now I don't sell much on Ebay however on occasion I do have some miscellaneous items to post.  This person is an Ebay noob (I'm their first transaction, at least under the posted Ebay handle.)  I also assume full responsibility as I neglected to look over the items I sold him that turned out to be incomplete.  The buyer decided on an immediate neg feedback rather than contacting me to see if I could resolve the issue so here is far warning if this person bids on any of the Acaeum Memberships auctions...

hotpotatowned

Politician, Tree, Rope...Some Assembly Required

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:33 am 

I would have thought you could get that removed, as they haven't contacted you to resolve it.

Ebay may take into account its their first purchase as well, so I'd hope you can get that cleaned up.

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:25 pm 

simrion wrote:The buyer decided on an immediate neg feedback rather than contacting me to see if I could resolve the issue so here is far warning if this person bids on any of the Acaeum Memberships auctions...

Ah, Monday, when eBay mail-roulette begins . . .

[rant]

While "hotpotatowned" is not one of my eBay accounts, I have become that sort of person over the years.  I am sick of eBay sellers who list items that are supposedly in great condition and then ship me items that arrive damaged or not at all.  Sometimes the sellers give a partial or full refund, and other times the sellers stall for time or ignore my complaints.

I have no pity for sellers with the "not responsible for damage" auction text.  I usually can wait for excuses or a resolution, but when weasel-words are used in the auction text, I expect weasel-words in whatever communication is sent.  I don't see the need to waste any time before filing a claim.

No, this is not fair to the seller who makes an honest mistake, but neither is my getting ripped off.  I don't think that anyone really pays attention to negative feedback, so my leaving a negative has little real effect.  But if I do not slam the seller with a negative, then his behavior will continue as if no one noticed.

[/rant]

I do expect the worst from people now.  Maybe I will be in a better mood as the weather gets warmer.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 3:46 pm 

One for the "item never arrived" pile. Seller 'onelastchance311' has not come through with a copy of AH 1776 game. First communication referenced an inaccurate ZIP code error, second states the package was on it's way for the second time. Never made it.

Doesn't seem to sell a lot of game items (all over the board really), but one never knows.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:43 pm 

Has anyone dealt with ebay member magicmerchant78?

Let mirth prevail!

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 63 of 104123 ... 60, 61, 62, 63, 64 ... 102103104