Shady Dealers
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 62 of 104123 ... 59, 60, 61, 62, 63 ... 102103104
Author

Prolific Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:47 am 

Mmm popcorn. This is better than movie night.

The eye that looks ahead to the safe course is closed forever.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:04 am 

ashmire13 wrote:
Personally, I have no issues with Ian dealing with our shipping pools this side. We've also arranged private deals as a result and I have no concerns in this at all. And tbh, I very much doubt I'd have issues with anyone on this site that visits regularly and have bought from the UK, US and Canada as a result.

Ditto.

I've had fine trades/reshipment deals with Ian in the past and we're in process of another right now.  I have no doubt it will go fine as well.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:28 am 

Thankyou to the recent posters for moving this thread forward.
In sum, it sounds like the arguers are empassioned about their points of view--convictions are great.
I just wanted to propose my theory:
I wonder if John & Lisa weren't a couple at one point running their enterprise together, and now Lisa's running the latest version of business?
This is a speculation. What do you think?
BTW: Is Cougar an eBay seller by the same name?
Gary

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:00 am 

puter, there's a thread a way down, Cougarrinard and his other account names. Best advice, steer well clear from buying from or selling to!

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:13 am 

Thanks Ash for the tip. I'm still getting to know this site, and in the meantime, I found the thread.
Ah yes, I remember it now--the wild spellings and fractionated syntaxes.
I've avoided purchasing because of these. It seems to me like a lack of credibility when a seller doesn't language it right.
I also avoid purchases from eBay sellers who only show pictures. My thinking is that the written item description is a sort of (obviously non-legal) contract, going with the time-honored principle of keeping one's word.
Is there a thread for T&T? Oops, I should probably look first.
Gary

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:31 pm 

So,  I won this item (with thanks to a heads-up in Interesting Items)

** expired/removed eBay auction **

I just received the refund since the item is 'missing'.

I guess I'm out of luck (easy come, easy go) but I'm very curious if T&T has had underpriced BINs go 'missing' before?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:58 am 

Yes.

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:06 pm 

I'm wondering how easily a person can "block?" a seller's listings from showing up on an eBay search. Is it a simple adjustment and can anyone tell me how to do it?
(It would save me a lot of time ploughing through listings belonging to a seller I'm not interested in dealing with.)
Gary

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:08 pm 

No such luck Gary.  Ebay doesn't give buyers a list of blocked sellers.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:32 pm 

davidc wrote:I'm very curious if T&T has had underpriced BINs go 'missing' before?

Not wih an underpriced BIN, but I did win a copy of Dungeon #1 a while back for about $4. It was refunded because they discovered it had been 'damaged'.
They seem to have a bad reputation with a lot of complaints and horror stories on the boards. Stay well away from them.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:25 am 

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... K:MEWNX:IT

probably my own stupid fault for not asking the question, but as per the 'Is this mold' thread, this book arrived today and its somewhat stained in places.

Just trying to attach pics to the the post here and waiting to hear back from the seller. Not sure if they are truly 'Shady' but looking now, the auction picture is taken to prevent seeing the damage...  :?

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:59 am 

ashmire13 wrote:
** expired/removed eBay auction **

probably my own stupid fault for not asking the question, but as per the 'Is this mold' thread, this book arrived today and its somewhat stained in places.

Just trying to attach pics to the the post here and waiting to hear back from the seller. Not sure if they are truly 'Shady' but looking now, the auction picture is taken to prevent seeing the damage...  :?

That does look like some possible moisture wrinkling at the bottom of the book. Does it smell? And what do the stains look like?

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:44 pm 

Couldn't see how to add pics to the actual post, so I've had to add them to my pics.

Any advice is appreciated. At the moment, I'm thinking of returning it for a refund, as my hands just feel unclean after touching it.   8O

http://s700.photobucket.com/home/ashmire13

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:56 pm 

JasonZavoda wrote:
That does look like some possible moisture wrinkling at the bottom of the book. Does it smell? And what do the stains look like?

And also how does it taste? :)

Ok, that's a nasty joke, but seriously, that looks pretty bad. I'm no mold expert, but I don't think it's mold, though. I wouldn't keep it, just out of principle. No way that is "Good used condition". Unless the seller thought it tasted good and he was using it for roast beef dip or something.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:15 pm 

:lol:   not keen on tasting!

I'm gonna wait for the seller to reply to my first question and then ask for a return.

Whats the normal procedure for returning, should I get a refund before sending it back?

They did charge me the exact P&P, so I don't think they are rip offs in that respect, just dubious on their item descriptions.

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:24 pm 

It's been a while since I've returned anything (thankfully) so I'm not sure what the Paypal's/Ebay's protocol is. I'd just make sure to have some sort of tracking at minimum for it.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:39 am 

:D   Faith in ebay sellers is restored!

They admitted the stains should have been mentioned and have refunded the sale price plus the shipping cost extra that I paid for combined items.

Seller is not a shady dealer!  :D

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:16 am 

ashmire13 wrote:Couldn't see how to add pics to the actual post, so I've had to add them to my pics.

http://s700.photobucket.com/home/ashmire13

There ya go Dave.
I could have posted all of the pics but since you resolved the problem no need to.
Nice that you got your costs refunded.

To post links from Photobucket to this site is an easy process once you know how.

First go to your Photobucket pages.
Place your mouse icon over the pic, then a list of code strings comes up below the pic.
Place you mouse icon over the bottom one (IMG CODE) then left click to highlight that code (it will turn blue) and then right click your mouse to bring up a window of choices that should include COPY.
Hit COPY and then come back here to your post and right click again inside the body of your post then choose paste to drop that that data into your message.
This site automactically places the Photo Code on that pasted data. (I LOVE THAT too)
Just hit review, or submit or go after more pics.

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 62 of 104123 ... 59, 60, 61, 62, 63 ... 102103104