Shady Dealers
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 53 of 90123 ... 50, 51, 52, 53, 54 ... 888990
Author

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6720
Joined: Jul 16, 2005
Last Visit: Feb 02, 2021

Post Posted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:23 pm 
 

I was not in on the original JonB threads.  Wasn't JonB infamous for auctioning high end items he did not actually have?

With PayPal available and the dice loaded in the buyer's favor, isn't it hard to be a ripoff artist on Ebay these days?  I mean, you can do it, but isn't most of the profit gone?


"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6207
Joined: Jan 03, 2005
Last Visit: Feb 26, 2021
Location: UK

Post Posted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:19 pm 
 

JonB was the third or fourth incarnation of ETC, and he was auctioning things he most certainly did own, because he was auctioning the same stuff he had auctioned two or three times before and never shipped to people. And it wasn't all high end stuff. It was pretty standard good selling stock.

The only way to deter these people is to hurt them financially, but a lot of people think it's best to give them the benefit of the doubt and to let them alone because, who knows, God will decide!? I don't know. But liberalism and lack of willingness to go after these people is a big green flag to condone and accept their activities.

And letting eBay be the arbiter of who is a thief and who is just a troubled soul is BS. eBay are in it for the money and they have no interest in cleaning up the site. It doesn't make financial sense.

Hurt them and they will go away. It might be immoral to some but it get results and the bad guys get the message.


This week I've been mostly eating . . . chicken and wild rice soup.

 WWW  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 5625
Joined: Jun 30, 2003
Last Visit: Feb 23, 2021
Location: New Hampsha

Post Posted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:32 pm 
 

Pretty much hit the nail on the head there, Ian. If liberal pansies consider it immoral, screw 'em.


If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

 WWW  


Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6463
Joined: Dec 13, 2004
Last Visit: Dec 25, 2019

Post Posted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:18 pm 
 

RaisedFromTheDead wrote:Pretty much hit the nail on the head there, Ian. If liberal pansies consider it immoral, screw 'em.


I'm not entirely sure what one's political leanings has to do with much of anything with respect to this thread, but hey, jamming a square peg into a round hole is pretty much just par for the course these days in political "dialog".

That said, so you steal from a thief and become a thief yourself, therefore making yourself just as big of a scum bag as the one you are supposedly decrying. That sounds like an awesome plan.   Nothing even remotely hypocritical about that at all or anything.  :lol:

If using common sense and not resorting to becoming a criminal oneself makes someone bad or in this case "liberal", consider me guilty as charged.  Oh well, I've been called a lot worse than that, I'll live.


"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

  

User avatar

Verbose Collector

Posts: 1881
Joined: Mar 26, 2004
Last Visit: Feb 26, 2021
Location: UK

Post Posted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:31 pm 
 

bclarkie wrote:
 Oh well, I've been called a lot worse than that, I'll live.


Surely not Brian?!

(Guess you've got a thick enough skin not to worry about what assholes say, whatever their political leanings :D )

(and Brian, never leave these boards again buddy - seriously)


You can never have too much of something you didn't need in the first place.

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 5625
Joined: Jun 30, 2003
Last Visit: Feb 23, 2021
Location: New Hampsha

Post Posted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:00 pm 
 

Eye for an eye. Pretty sure that's clearly delineated in the Bible.


If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

 WWW  


Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6463
Joined: Dec 13, 2004
Last Visit: Dec 25, 2019

Post Posted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:13 pm 
 

gyg wrote:
Surely not Brian?!

(Guess you've got a thick enough skin not to worry about what assholes say, whatever their political leanings :D )

(and Brian, never leave these boards again buddy - seriously)


I'll try. :wink:

RaisedFromTheDead wrote:Eye for an eye. Pretty sure that's clearly delineated in the Bible.


Aside from the fact that an eye for an eye isn't even applicable here(let alone opening everyone who steals from this thief open to the same type of eye for an eye logic being espoused), I'd love to see a judge's face when a person's sole defense for stealing from someone was that the person that they stole from, supposedly stole other people.  Somehow, I don't think that would go over very well.  

You'd have a hard enough time selling that defense if said person stole from you(see OJ Simpson as Exhibit A for this), let alone doing so on behalf of anonymous others.


"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

  

User avatar

Verbose Collector

Posts: 1381
Joined: Nov 03, 2008
Last Visit: Jul 01, 2020
Location: My Pad

Post Posted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:42 pm 
 

bclarkie wrote:Aside from the fact that an eye for an eye isn't even applicable here...

Correct, The 'eye for an eye' deal was over harm done to an unborn child if the mother was struck by someone, and had nothing to do with theft.

A thief was often required to pay back multiple times the value of what was stolen.

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6207
Joined: Jan 03, 2005
Last Visit: Feb 26, 2021
Location: UK

Post Posted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:17 am 
 

You're right of course, Brian.
We should just complain to eBay and ask them to investigate the person in secret.
That has always worked in the past, hasn't it?

Ignore the fact that eBay earn money regardless of whether the person ships stuff or not.
Ignore the fact that eBay now keep buyer's IDs secret so you cannot forewarn buyers.
Ignore the fact that online fraud is not enforcable by law enforcement in either your country or mine.
Ignore the fact that a civil case through small claims court is unlikely to succeed  and will cost you far more than any other action you can take even if it does.

Yes. We should just let them do their thing and F all the buyers who get caught up in the action. Screw 'em. If they buy from her they deserve it.

Or maybe militant action is called for and rational in response to a thief that has been praying on RPG collectors for almost a decade now. Maybe a liberal attitude towards crime is what makes your country and mine two of the most criminally indemic societies on the planet.


This week I've been mostly eating . . . chicken and wild rice soup.

 WWW  


Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6463
Joined: Dec 13, 2004
Last Visit: Dec 25, 2019

Post Posted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:35 am 
 

mbassoc2003 wrote:You're right of course, Brian.
We should just complain to eBay and ask them to investigate the person in secret.
That has always worked in the past, hasn't it?


Oh good a strawman to start out your argument.

mbassoc2003 wrote:Ignore the fact that eBay earn money regardless of whether the person ships stuff or not.

Still doesn't make it okay to steal too.

mbassoc2003 wrote:Ignore the fact that eBay now keep buyer's IDs secret so you cannot forewarn buyers.

Irrelevant and also doesn't make it okay to steal too.

mbassoc2003 wrote:Ignore the fact that online fraud is not enforcable by law enforcement in either your country or mine.

False.  Is it difficult?  Yes, it can be. Has anyone actually seriously tried so far to do so with this individual?  Not them I'm aware of.  I've seen lots of people threaten to do so, however I've yet to see anyone show a court docket or a police report.

Regardless, it again doesn't make you any less of the same thief for stealing from a thief.  It doesn't rid the world of the thief, the world now has 2 thieves.

mbassoc2003 wrote:Ignore the fact that a civil case through small claims court is unlikely to succeed  and will cost you far more than any other action you can take even if it does.

Again, aside from the fact that no one has ever tried to do so, it's very simple to sue for court costs in conjunction with your suit, which means that if you win the case, he pays for your attorney's fees too.

But for the fourth time, it's not justification to become a thief too.

mbassoc2003 wrote:Yes. We should just let them do their thing and F all the buyers who get caught up in the action. Screw 'em. If they buy from her they deserve it.

Another strawman.

mbassoc2003 wrote:Or maybe militant action is called for and rational in response to a thief that has been praying on RPG collectors for almost a decade now. Maybe a liberal attitude towards crime is what makes your country and mine two of the most criminally indemic societies on the planet.

Good grief.


"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6207
Joined: Jan 03, 2005
Last Visit: Feb 26, 2021
Location: UK

Post Posted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:46 am 
 

Advocating some form of militant action seems far more possitive than just rolling over and wallowing in the 'we can't do anything about this' mentality. Or even some form or e-leafletting campaign carried out on forums saying, 'Watch out!'.

Besides, wasn't the US and it's entire constitution based on militant action against the crown?

Militancy and persons taking action against criminals are as American as the dollar bills this guy is stealing.

I took a single course of action against this individual, and offered to complete the transaction both directly to the seller, and later here in public forum, and the seller chose not to complete or divulge to me their identity. That one course of action has at least had an impact on the seller, whereas I doubt all the whinging here has resulted in much at all.


This week I've been mostly eating . . . chicken and wild rice soup.

 WWW  


Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6463
Joined: Dec 13, 2004
Last Visit: Dec 25, 2019

Post Posted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:51 am 
 

mbassoc2003 wrote:Advocating some form of militant action seems far more possitive than just rolling over and wallowing in the 'we can't do anything about this' mentality. Or even some form or e-leafletting campaign carried out on forums saying, 'Watch out!'.

Besides, wasn't the US and it's entire constitution based on militant action against the crown?

Militancy and persons taking action against criminals are as American as the dollar bills this guy is stealing.


This is starting to get ridiculous now.
:lol:

mbassoc2003 wrote:I took a single course of action against this individual, and offered to complete the transaction both directly to the seller, and later here in public forum, and the seller chose not to complete or divulge to me their identity. That one course of action has at least had an impact on the seller, whereas I doubt all the whinging here has resulted in much at all.

So let me ask you this then, is it okay if people start stealing from you now?  I mean the best way to treat a thief as you are purporting is to steal from them and you've had absolutely no issues coming out and public and not only advocating others to steal from him, but also that you've done so yourself.  

Aside from the fact that your previous theft and encouragement of others to do so has quite obviously not worked so far, do people now have carte blanche to steal from you now too since you're an admitted thief?


"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6207
Joined: Jan 03, 2005
Last Visit: Feb 26, 2021
Location: UK

Post Posted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:20 am 
 

Let me correct this notion you have that I stole money or goods from anyone...

I bought a premium utem from Jonb that cost $50 and I paid $20 for airmail shipping to the UK. Six weeks later I had received no product and no contact with Jonb and his feedback was filling up quickly with negatives as he started the steal from everyone.

I filed a credit card claim and left negative feedback and I recovered my funds in full.

Then, some weeks later I received my item as it appears it was sent surface main for about $6. I e-mailed Mr Bennett I believe he was perporting to be at the time, and I knew his e-mail account was an active account as I had corresponded with him before. His eBay account had now been terminated, and the e-mail address attached to his PayPal address was not the one that IDed his PayPal account. I offered to pay for the item if he would provide a name and address to me. He never responded.

So I won out. I got the money and the goods. He lost out. Tough shi'.

Now, if I ever fail to ship goods to anyone and start screwing over the community, then 'Yes', I would advocate people do whatever they need to do to take me down. Mind you, I suspect if I started listing things and never shipped them, and my feedback started filling up with negatives, I could trust in the community here in the UK to come knocking on my front door. We're like that over here in the UK. If you get screwed over by a Brit and you have contact details, I'm sure someone here will be willing to go give the guy a personal visit to collect your items.


This week I've been mostly eating . . . chicken and wild rice soup.

 WWW  


Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6463
Joined: Dec 13, 2004
Last Visit: Dec 25, 2019

Post Posted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:31 am 
 

mbassoc2003 wrote:Let me correct this notion you have that I stole money or goods from anyone...

I bought a premium utem from Jonb that cost $50 and I paid $20 for airmail shipping to the UK. Six weeks later I had received no product and no contact with Jonb and his feedback was filling up quickly with negatives as he started the steal from everyone.

I filed a credit card claim and left negative feedback and I recovered my funds in full.

Then, some weeks later I received my item as it appears it was sent surface main for about $6. I e-mailed Mr Bennett I believe he was perporting to be at the time, and I knew his e-mail account was an active account as I had corresponded with him before. His eBay account had now been terminated, and the e-mail address attached to his PayPal address was not the one that IDed his PayPal account. I offered to pay for the item if he would provide a name and address to me. He never responded.

So I won out. I got the money and the goods. He lost out. Tough shi'.


In short, you stole from him and tough shit.  I got that already.  Now when does it become okay to start stealing from you?

mbassoc2003 wrote:Now, if I ever fail to ship goods to anyone and start screwing over the community, then 'Yes', I would advocate people do whatever they need to do to take me down. Mind you, I suspect if I started listing things and never shipped them, and my feedback started filling up with negatives, I could trust in the community here in the UK to come knocking on my front door. We're like that over here in the UK. If you get screwed over by a Brit and you have contact details, I'm sure someone here will be willing to go give the guy a personal visit to collect your items.


Do you mean like that long line at Cougar's door?  :lol:

My digression aside, so not shipping goods to people is "bad bad bad", however buying stuff and not paying for it is "good good good".  

Ok.

So can people starting buying stuff from you and now not paying for it too?


"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6207
Joined: Jan 03, 2005
Last Visit: Feb 26, 2021
Location: UK

Post Posted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:23 am 
 

1. I paid for the goods and the shipping.
2. I waited 45 days before filing a claim with my credit card, at which point the evidence was that I had been ripped off like every other muppet who bought from him.
3. When the item finally arrived I offered to return the recovered funds  and that offer was not taken up.

At what point did I break the law? And which law is this? Is it Bclarkies own moral conduct law? PayPal had already locked me out of the claims process as I had waited longer than 45 days.

Do you genuinely advocate people ignore their rights under PayPal's Buyer Protection Policy and not try to recover funds BEFORE 45 days? Or is it okay to recover your finds if things don't arrive, but only on the grounds that it isn't from someone who steals from buyers? I don't quite get your moral stance on this.

So I happened to win. I have gone on record publicly saying that if the seller comes forward I will pay then for the goods I purchased. I have gone on the record and said that it arrived on day 6o-something. I cannot deny that I am liable to pay Jonb for the goods. I cannot deny I received it. But Mr Jonb has done a disappearing act and won't come forward to claim the money.

So, if a customer buys something from you or I, and it doesn't turn up in the post, and (for whatever reason) you or I had a stack of negetive feedbacks building up on our accounts, would you expect the buyer to make a claim for a refund after 45 days, or would you expect them just to give you the benefit of the doubt?

You're moral stance seems to be very confusing on this matter, because you seem to be telling everyone on the forum that this is Mr X and not to do business with them, but on the other hand you say that if you do buy and your item doesn't turn up after 6 weeks, and they do have a sh't load of negatives, just let it alone and don't worry, because asking for your money back might mean you're a thief if your item turns up a few months later.


As regards, Cougie, I have bought and sold over £1000 of stock with the guy, and never had a single problem with his communication or integrity. I know that, as with Troll & Toad, the impression is that he doesn't crap in his own backyard, but to us in the UK, as with T&T to US buyers, Cougie is a standup guy with good customer service.


This week I've been mostly eating . . . chicken and wild rice soup.

 WWW  


Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6463
Joined: Dec 13, 2004
Last Visit: Dec 25, 2019

Post Posted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:41 am 
 

mbassoc2003 wrote:1. I paid for the goods and the shipping.
2. I waited 45 days before filing a claim with my credit card, at which point the evidence was that I had been ripped off like every other muppet who bought from him.
3. When the item finally arrived I offered to return the recovered funds  and that offer was not taken up.

At what point did I break the law? And which law is this? Is it Bclarkies own moral conduct law? PayPal had already locked me out of the claims process as I had waited longer than 45 days.


Aside from again you've advocated people chargeback after just 14 days here, you still received product you didn't pay for, which no matter how you'd like to spin is stealing. Sorry.  

Also, assuming that you're even telling the truth that you tried to contact him after the fact(which also has NOTHING to do with being in or out of Paypal's rules for disputes) that doesn't even address the other way more obvious way of paying for your item(s).  Let me guess, you didn't know his mailing address, right?

mbassoc2003 wrote:Do you genuinely advocate people ignore their rights under PayPal's Buyer Protection Policy and not try to recover funds BEFORE 45 days? Or is it okay to recover your finds if things don't arrive, but only on the grounds that it isn't from someone who steals from buyers? I don't quite get your moral stance on this.

Except again, your items DID arrive.  Later than expected, but again, late is different then never.

mbassoc2003 wrote:So I happened to win. I have gone on record publicly saying that if the seller comes forward I will pay then for the goods I purchased.

So you've now paid for those items then?

mbassoc2003 wrote:I have gone on the record and said that it arrived on day 6o-something. I cannot deny that I am liable to pay Jonb for the goods. I cannot deny I received it. But Mr Jonb has done a disappearing act and won't come forward to claim the money.

Again, aside from the fact that you've come out quite clearly saying that you're convinced that lisas_stuff_too is the same person(which really kind of facilitates paying for the stuff you've previously not paid for), but even if they aren't, why exactly again didn't you just mail them the payment for the goods?  It's not like you didn;t have the address:

viewtopic.php?t=1898&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=170

harami2000 wrote:Hrrr... can't say I'm overly keen to do so, but if eBay ain't gonna listen to what appears to be a valid case. *shrugs*

Jon Bassett  
4866 Ebb Hall Rd  
Dublin, VA 24084  
United States  
(540) 674-4899  

Am gonna give him <24 hours to respond positively to my queries and request re. shipping, then get very pushy, if required; both with himself and eBay.


mbassoc2003 wrote:So, if a customer buys something from you or I, and it doesn't turn up in the post, and (for whatever reason) you or I had a stack of negetive feedbacks building up on our accounts, would you expect the buyer to make a claim for a refund after 45 days, or would you expect them just to give you the benefit of the doubt?

Your stuff DID show up.

mbassoc2003 wrote:You're moral stance seems to be very confusing on this matter, because you seem to be telling everyone on the forum that this is Mr X and not to do business with them

Yes, I've unequivocally gone on record in saying that they should be avoided at all costs.

mbassoc2003 wrote:but on the other hand you say that if you do buy and your item doesn't turn up after 6 weeks, and they do have a sh't load of negatives, just let it alone and don't worry, because asking for your money back might mean you're a thief if your item turns up a few months later.


Another strawman argument.


What's really funny is that I've actually dealt with a situation in the past where I charged back on a seller who I thought ripped me off.  Shortly after receiving the my money back, the items showed up, which in turn I made it an immediate point to re-pay the seller.  Imagine that.

mbassoc2003 wrote:As regards, Cougie, I have bought and sold over £1000 of stock with the guy, and never had a single problem with his communication or integrity. I know that, as with Troll & Toad, the impression is that he doesn't crap in his own backyard, but to us in the UK, as with T&T to US buyers, Cougie is a standup guy with good customer service.


Except I wasn't referring to you specifically, I was referring to your broad generalization about people from the UK and how they all supposedly "handle things" as opposed to here in the US.  

Being that Coug's feedback is littered with hundreds of folks who disagree with you completely and therefore he should have a long line of people standing at his front door looking to "handle things", right?


"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6207
Joined: Jan 03, 2005
Last Visit: Feb 26, 2021
Location: UK

Post Posted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:16 am 
 

The posted address for Jon Bassett does not have a Jon Bassett resident at it. Yes, I had the address and tried to contact Mr Bassett at that address, and on that telephone number.

If you buy something that does not turn up and you make a claim to your credit card, you are not stealing.

If you subsequently receive that item, the fact that the item arrives does not make you a thief.

By your own admission, you found yourself stealing from a seller, and the only difference is that you were able to contact the seller and repay him the money. Presumably you had his PayPal ID and used the Send Funds option. That requires the seller to be honest when he sets up his PayPal account. If you didn't go down that route, then presumably you had an accurate mailing address? That requires the seller to be honest when they set up their eBay account.

Either way, by your reasoning, you and I have stolen goods from an eBay seller, and the only difference between your predicament and mine is that your seller was honest when they provided PayPal and eBay with contact information, and my seller was not. That does not make you any less of a thief that I. If what you believe is true, you and I are both thieves. You just happen to have managed to morally justify your actions by having your payment accepted.

By your reasoning, the Royal Mail and USPS are turning millions of eBayers a year into thiefs and criminals. That really is a pretty flawed moral compass.


This week I've been mostly eating . . . chicken and wild rice soup.

 WWW  


Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6463
Joined: Dec 13, 2004
Last Visit: Dec 25, 2019

Post Posted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:26 am 
 

mbassoc2003 wrote:The posted address for Jon Bassett does not have a Jon Bassett resident at it. Yes, I had the address and tried to contact Mr Bassett at that address, and on that telephone number.


So you mailed him a payment at that address and it got returned?  Why have you waited until now to say so?   :lol:

No need to answer that, it's rhetorical. We both already know the answer.

mbassoc2003 wrote:If you buy something that does not turn up and you make a claim to your credit card, you are not stealing.

Correct.  But when it does show up and you still don't pay for it, it is stealing.

And we don't even need to go into the fact that you've clearly posted your stance of buying items, charging back within 14 days and hoping he disappears so you can get them for free if they do show up.

mbassoc2003 wrote:If you subsequently receive that item, the fact that the item arrives does not make you a thief.

If you don't in turn pay for it, yes it does make you a thief.

mbassoc2003 wrote:By your own admission, you found yourself stealing from a seller, and the only difference is that you were able to contact the seller and repay him the money. Presumably you had his PayPal ID and used the Send Funds option. That requires the seller to be honest when he sets up his PayPal account. If you didn't go down that route, then presumably you had an accurate mailing address? That requires the seller to be honest when they set up their eBay account.

My "own admission"?  I admitted that I repaid a seller for goods that I received.  Explain exactly how that's supposed to be a bad thing again?

mbassoc2003 wrote:Either way, by your reasoning, you and I have stolen goods from an eBay seller, and the only difference between your predicament and mine is that your seller was honest when they provided PayPal and eBay with contact information, and my seller was not. That does not make you any less of a thief that I. If what you believe is true, you and I are both thieves.

I have done no such thing.

Or perhaps you can point out where I said the action itself of charging back is thievery.

I'll wait.

mbassoc2003 wrote:You just happen to have managed to morally justify your actions by having your payment accepted.

There is no moral justification needed.  I paid for the items I received. The end.

mbassoc2003 wrote:By your reasoning, the Royal Mail and USPS are turning millions of eBayers a year into thiefs and criminals. That really is a pretty flawed moral compass.

:lol:

Keep posting these strawman arguments and I'll keep burning them down.


"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6207
Joined: Jan 03, 2005
Last Visit: Feb 26, 2021
Location: UK

Post Posted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:23 pm 
 

I wrote to Mr Jon Barrett and asked for his PayPal ID stating that I had received the item. I reveived no response. I also telephoned Mr Jon Barrett (as I assume many people did at that time) and I was told in no uncertain terms that no such person lived at that address. And Yes, that telephone number was registered to that address, and No, they had nothing to do with eBay or selling any items on eBay.

I have also PMed Lisa through eBay asking if she is one and the same and asking for her e-mail address, and I received a polite, No, I am not the same person.

Now, unless you can provide me with details of who I owe money to, and how to get the funds to them, you're entire arguement of theft is moot. The fact that you found your seller and I didn't find mine, does not make me any more of a thief than you. I do not consider either action theft, it seems as though you do, but that makes you just as much a thief as I, only you manage to have made recompense for your theft by finding your seller and repaying your debt, while I have not. If I am a thief for doing what you did, then you are a thief also. I'm sure repaying the seller made you feel better. My seller did a disappearing act, unless you know differently, in which case, please provide the contact details.


This week I've been mostly eating . . . chicken and wild rice soup.

 WWW  


Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6463
Joined: Dec 13, 2004
Last Visit: Dec 25, 2019

Post Posted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 4:34 pm 
 

mbassoc2003 wrote:I wrote to Mr Jon Barrett and asked for his PayPal ID stating that I had received the item. I reveived no response. I also telephoned Mr Jon Barrett (as I assume many people did at that time) and I was told in no uncertain terms that no such person lived at that address. And Yes, that telephone number was registered to that address, and No, they had nothing to do with eBay or selling any items on eBay.

I didn't want to go here, but quit lying Ian.


mbassoc2003 wrote:I have also PMed Lisa through eBay asking if she is one and the same and asking for her e-mail address, and I received a polite, No, I am not the same person.

I'd love to see you post this correspondence.  Aside from the fact, that there is no way in hell that they would actually admit to being one in the same since it would lead directly to them getting booted from Ebay, I do want to see what you actually rote and the response.

mbassoc2003 wrote:Now, unless you can provide me with details of who I owe money to, and how to get the funds to them, you're entire arguement of theft is moot.

No it's not.

Again you've admit to knowingly stealing from them already and have encouraged others to do so as well.  


mbassoc2003 wrote:The fact that you found your seller and I didn't find mine, does not make me any more of a thief than you.

Again, quit lying.  

Paypal doesn't even reject payments to email addresses that aren't even registered, let alone ones that would have multiple claims against it.  

Stop embarrassing yourself now.


mbassoc2003 wrote:I do not consider either action theft, it seems as though you do, but that makes you just as much a thief as I, only you manage to have made recompense for your theft by finding your seller and repaying your debt, while I have not.  If I am a thief for doing what you did, then you are a thief also. I'm sure repaying the seller made you feel better.


This may be the most asinine argument ever posted on these boards and that's saying something.

mbassoc2003 wrote:My seller did a disappearing act, unless you know differently, in which case, please provide the contact details.


You really need to get your arguments straight.  

You're encouraging people to steal for this seller lisas_stuff_too because you're convinced that they are one in the same as jonb, but then turn around and claim that jonb did a disappearing act and you can't find them.  It's almost as asinine an argument that I "stole" from the seller because I repaid them after my goods arrived.  Not quite as much, but pretty close.

Now how about starting to address with quotes some of these multiple arguments that you've attributed to me that I haven't really said. You know like where I said anyone doing a chargeback is thief.  How about it?


"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

  
PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 53 of 90123 ... 50, 51, 52, 53, 54 ... 888990