Shady Dealers
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 58 of 104123 ... 55, 56, 57, 58, 59 ... 102103104
Author

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:22 am 

Something like that - might have been a spouse at war as well IIRC. (don't get me wrong, not doing down the service of ones country, just doing down people who will always find an excuse, wether it be false,true, good, bad or indifferent)

You can never have too much of something you didn't need in the first place.

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:30 am 

carrejo wrote:I had problems with a recent purchase on Ebay with seller, lisas_stuff_too. Paid for item about a month ago, and never received it. Does not respond to emails.

Just negged her, and noticed she has a lot of recent negs....

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.d ... ckAsSeller

Jorge

Thats because this seller is a rip off who has been tagged here on the acaeum for, what, a couple of years... they show up, sell some decent stuff, then rip off a bunch of customers.  Someone link the relevant thread, I can't find it.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:52 am 

Hi, I'm a newcomer to the site; any short-term forgiveness is appreciated for protocol lapses. This is the first forum I've registered on, and to everyone: Thankyou. It's great to know I'm not the only one running into collecting concerns.
I also bought something from Lisa, and I waded through the drama for about a month/monthX1.5 before I got My_Stuff!
BTW: I'll "troll" the rest of this topic if there isn't a better topic for comparing collector experiences with shady eBay sellers.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:12 am 

carrejo wrote:I had problems with a recent purchase on Ebay with seller, lisas_stuff_too. Paid for item about a month ago, and never received it. Does not respond to emails.

Jorge

I started a paypal dispute with her about a week ago.  She responded and said that her father had taken ill.  Recently I received an email stating that she has shipped the item.  It has not arrived yet.  Will keep you posted.

Puterdragon - you hit the right thread for shady dealers.  Please go to the "Introduce yourself" thread and tells us more about yourself.

Martin

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:24 am 

Jorge

Lisastufftoo, as people may (or may not) remember, is the latest incarnation of Game Emporium/JonB/Eastern Treasure Chest, which has a fine tradition of ripping off gamers for almost a decade now......

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:37 am 

Thanks for the info. guys, just shows I need to do some more research on the acaeum prior to buying stuff on ebay. All the hassle dealing with these negligent sellers is not worth my time...

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:39 pm 

Jorge

There was a post on a previous thread about her, and she actually responded back on said previous Acaeum post (I'll find it later...).

If she's trying to rip people off, she's doing a very poor job of it. Hence, IMHO, she's just an incompetent seller.

Stay away from her.

RPG’s, D&D in particular has had a major influence in my life. It’s bonded me together with life long friends...it’s that bond in life not just as friends, but in our jokes, our mannerisms, and what we find funny. Invincible Overlord

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:10 pm 

If you scroll down her feedback you see lots and lots of positive ratings...many of which also complain about slow shipping and not responding to emails.

My guess is that if you wait her out and keep reminding her you'll get what you bought.

Obviously, it shouldn't work like that but she does not seem to be intentionally robbing people.

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:24 pm 

Agreed.  Less shady than incompetent.  Still, she (?) doesn't offer anything so great that it can't be found elsewhere.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:53 pm 

TheHistorian wrote:Agreed.  Less shady than incompetent.  Still, she (?) doesn't offer anything so great that it can't be found elsewhere.

But shady in that it's been proven that this is yet another incarnation of an individual who has so far used at least four names on ebay, all claiming to have nothing to do with the other, yet all living in the same city, using the same item descriptions and photos, using the same phrases when writing, and having the same sad-sack stories when items invariably don't arrive....

I'd say definitely shady......

Mike B.

NTRPGCON

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:04 pm 

I am guilty of not keeping up with the revolving name changes.  I have one item on the way now after starting a paypal dispute (actually tracking the item should arrive today or tomorrow).

Given the consistant pattern I believe this person is either schizophenic or bi-polar.  

Martin

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:07 pm 

Badmike wrote:
But shady in that it's been proven that this is yet another incarnation of an individual who has so far used at least four names on ebay, all claiming to have nothing to do with the other, yet all living in the same city, using the same item descriptions and photos, using the same phrases when writing, and having the same sad-sack stories when items invariably don't arrive....

I'd say definitely shady......

Mike B.

Just to build off of what Mike said, there is no "Lisa".  It's the same guy who has ripped people off through several incarnations over a span of going on at least 6 years now.  They've likely stolen money from well over 250+ people(many unfortunate folks multiple times) now all told.

This person is the definition of a scam artist,  period point blank.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:31 pm 

bclarkie wrote:Just to build off of what Mike said, there is no "Lisa".  It's the same guy who has ripped people off through several incarnations over a span of going on at least 6 years now.  They've likely stolen money from well over 250+ people(many unfortunate folks multiple times) now all told.

This person is the definition of a scam artist,  period point blank.

As BC says that is the most disturbing part...there is no "Lisa".  Only a very determined liar/crook/conman that has shown a marked lack of ethics..claiming at various times "her" husband died, "his" brother died (when the name was JonB), an "employee" died (back in the Eastern Treasure Chest days), and various sicknesses and ailments for both "him/her" and various relatives so as to gain sympathy for not sending items and disappearing with money.  Remember, up until recently, it was much harder for buyers to recover funds for items not sent, and this person took advantage of that by stealing money from 100's of folks.

As Martin says, this person may well be mentally ill in addition to whatever other problems they have...certainly as evidenced by the amount of items they have and sales they make they could have run a legitimate online business at any point of this charade, but choose not to...

Mike B.

NTRPGCON

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:42 am 

Wow, I'm guessing the illness. Seems like her/his boundary between role-playing and reality isn't clear.
Let's see, what might it be?: class: rogue; race: doppleganger?

Gary
(Thanks Martin for the "introduce yourself" suggestion)

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:23 pm 

I was not in on the original JonB threads.  Wasn't JonB infamous for auctioning high end items he did not actually have?

With PayPal available and the dice loaded in the buyer's favor, isn't it hard to be a ripoff artist on Ebay these days?  I mean, you can do it, but isn't most of the profit gone?

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:19 pm 

JonB was the third or fourth incarnation of ETC, and he was auctioning things he most certainly did own, because he was auctioning the same stuff he had auctioned two or three times before and never shipped to people. And it wasn't all high end stuff. It was pretty standard good selling stock.

The only way to deter these people is to hurt them financially, but a lot of people think it's best to give them the benefit of the doubt and to let them alone because, who knows, God will decide!? I don't know. But liberalism and lack of willingness to go after these people is a big green flag to condone and accept their activities.

And letting eBay be the arbiter of who is a thief and who is just a troubled soul is BS. eBay are in it for the money and they have no interest in cleaning up the site. It doesn't make financial sense.

Hurt them and they will go away. It might be immoral to some but it get results and the bad guys get the message.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:32 pm 

Pretty much hit the nail on the head there, Ian. If liberal pansies consider it immoral, screw 'em.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:18 pm 

RaisedFromTheDead wrote:Pretty much hit the nail on the head there, Ian. If liberal pansies consider it immoral, screw 'em.

I'm not entirely sure what one's political leanings has to do with much of anything with respect to this thread, but hey, jamming a square peg into a round hole is pretty much just par for the course these days in political "dialog".

That said, so you steal from a thief and become a thief yourself, therefore making yourself just as big of a scum bag as the one you are supposedly decrying. That sounds like an awesome plan.   Nothing even remotely hypocritical about that at all or anything.  :lol:

If using common sense and not resorting to becoming a criminal oneself makes someone bad or in this case "liberal", consider me guilty as charged.  Oh well, I've been called a lot worse than that, I'll live.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 58 of 104123 ... 55, 56, 57, 58, 59 ... 102103104