Shady Dealers
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 3:42 am 

My personal experience with Titan/Tonya games. They are scumbags. They overcharge on shipping, but most importantly they always leave items missing from your order, then blame their " hired help" for the mistake. Total scumbags. Dont deal with them at all.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 11:35 am 

bclarkie wrote:Well this crap comes as really no surprise to me.  Titan has officially made a business practice of lying and I will show you why here in a minute.  I hadn't mentioned this before partly because I partially blamed myself for dealing with the devil, despite promising myself to never do so again, but when I see stuff like this I am compelled to finally share it anyway.

Wow, what a tale. The only good point is that King agreed to refund you without much fuss (imagine the same blown sale in the hands of our favorite Kitty).  I have purchased from them a couple times, combining low priced items that are only Near Mint or better.  But everytime I see some items I like from them, something in the back of my mind always gives me a poke and I wise up before I push the "buy" button.  They seem just very disorganized, I would go nuts having to refund all the orders they probably have go haywire.

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 2:04 pm 

Got this in my e-mail today:

Subject: Titan Games Important News
Date:     Sat, June 16, 2007 9:25 am
To:        [my e-mail address removed]

Dear Customers of Titan Games!!

I have long enjoyed your patronage, input, and business at TitanGames.com.  I want to thank you one and all.

Effective Noon on Thursday, June 14th, 2007, TitanGames.com has been sold to NobleKnight.com  - and Aaron Leeder has taken ownership of the URL, and the inventory which was listed on titangames.com.

You will begin seeing your weekly updates coming from Aaron now. Aaron is a gamer, just like all of us.  He has a couple really cool pieces in his collection, including the original artwork for the AD&D Dieties & Demigods hardcover book!!    Aaron has been in business not quite as long as TitanGames.com has, but then - as most of you know - I was not the guy who started titangames.com, either - that was Quincey Koziol (whom I bought the company from 7 or 8 years ago).

To be completely frank - I had to simplify my life.  I am going to start a couple new websites for selling "entertainment stuff" - Movies, Music, Games&Comics.  But, I want to do that at my own pace, and not have to feel like I was competing with an operation like NobleKnight.com - whose site is better than the titangames.com site.

I will leave you in Aarons capable hands.  I am sure you will find LOTS of cool stuff to buy from Aaron, and will love his site.  

As always, if you have questions or comments about TitanGames&Music, email me at [email protected].  My retail store is keeping the name, and we are likely to start a new website for our store, which I will announce a bit later.  You will still see my ramblings on rpg.net, I am still a director at large for the Game Manufacturers Association's Retail Division, and we will be at Origins and GenCon in force!!

Oh!  And, of note - if you had store credit with TitanGames - you still do.  The credit is usable in the store, or on 3FREEGAMES.com, or - if you wait a few weeks, on our new website (where we will offer DVDs, Music, Comics, Games and Video Games, and much more!!).

Thanks again,

Marcus King
Titan Games  - Owner
637 Capital Ave SW
Battle Creek, MI 49015

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 2:13 pm 

Wow 8O

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 2:14 pm 

is that all true?

Are we nearly there yet?

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 2:20 pm 

Just went to Titan Games and its up on there..Noble Knight though doesn't have anything on that site (nor newsletter)

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 2:21 pm 

Thanks for the update, JG.

This is great news for any buyers who enjoy:

* Reasonable shipping costs;
* Same-day or next-day shipping;
* An attractive web-site;
* An organized staff.

With all due respect to Marcus (who, again, seems like a nice and decent fellow), Titan Games had just lost it in the past couple of years. It sounds as if he's excited about his other projects, though, and I wish him well.

I can't help but notice there's no mention of Tonya's Yell At My Customers Shop, though, which the Titan folks have always tried to play off as some some of separate business (**cough**bullshit!**cough**). I wonder what's happening there? The cynical side of me wonders if she will keep getting fed a steady stream of products, which would mean that very little is actually changing. But I gues I'll wait and see.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 2:25 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:is that all true?

As Plaag wrote, Noble Knight's website has no information on this.  Titan's website says the following:

----------------------------------------
Titangames.com has been sold!!!

Titangames.com and all of its inventory have been sold to Noble Knight Games of Janesville, WI.  Titan Games (owned by Marcus King) is still in business, but no longer using this webpage.  Noble Knight Games is one of the largest and most respected gaming stores on the internet.  They have been BUYING, selling and trading new, used and RARE RPG's, Wargames, Miniatures and CCG's since 1997 and have over 75,000 different gaming items in stock!!  Noble Knight IS buying collections as we speak and can sell you items of their webpage or the titangames.com webpage (which will remain active until all the inventory can be integrated into the nobleknight.com website). Check out the NKG website with fully live inventory, pictures, news and more at:

www.NobleKnight.com
----------------------------------------

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 2:28 pm 

Keep in mind it's Saturday ... a time when many businesses, large and small, operate with either no staff or just a skeleton crew. It's also not known as a huge news day.

I wouldn't be surprised if there's no mention of this at NK.com until Monday ... maybe even Tuesday.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 4:35 pm 

JohnGaunt wrote:Got this in my e-mail today:

Subject: Titan Games Important News
Date:     Sat, June 16, 2007 9:25 am
To:        [my e-mail address removed]

Dear Customers of Titan Games!!

I have long enjoyed your patronage, input, and business at TitanGames.com.  I want to thank you one and all.

Effective Noon on Thursday, June 14th, 2007, TitanGames.com has been sold to NobleKnight.com  - and Aaron Leeder has taken ownership of the URL, and the inventory which was listed on titangames.com.

You will begin seeing your weekly updates coming from Aaron now. Aaron is a gamer, just like all of us.  He has a couple really cool pieces in his collection, including the original artwork for the AD&D Dieties & Demigods hardcover book!!    Aaron has been in business not quite as long as TitanGames.com has, but then - as most of you know - I was not the guy who started titangames.com, either - that was Quincey Koziol (whom I bought the company from 7 or 8 years ago).

To be completely frank - I had to simplify my life.  I am going to start a couple new websites for selling "entertainment stuff" - Movies, Music, Games&Comics.  But, I want to do that at my own pace, and not have to feel like I was competing with an operation like NobleKnight.com - whose site is better than the titangames.com site.

I will leave you in Aarons capable hands.  I am sure you will find LOTS of cool stuff to buy from Aaron, and will love his site.  

As always, if you have questions or comments about TitanGames&Music, email me at [email protected].  My retail store is keeping the name, and we are likely to start a new website for our store, which I will announce a bit later.  You will still see my ramblings on rpg.net, I am still a director at large for the Game Manufacturers Association's Retail Division, and we will be at Origins and GenCon in force!!

Oh!  And, of note - if you had store credit with TitanGames - you still do.  The credit is usable in the store, or on 3FREEGAMES.com, or - if you wait a few weeks, on our new website (where we will offer DVDs, Music, Comics, Games and Video Games, and much more!!).

Thanks again,

Marcus King
Titan Games  - Owner
637 Capital Ave SW
Battle Creek, MI 49015

Just got the same post.  I have to say, this is good news for the hobby, for RPG buyers, and hopefully for Marcus.  I don't think he was able to keep up the tremendous pace with all the personal events going on in his life.  I have to say he was pretty gracious in his email....I wish him luck.  At this point, NK Games is much more well equipped to handle the amount of stock that Titan Games has, without all the hassles, messed up orders, etc.  
Interesting to see what happens with Tonya and her division of the game store at this point....if she continues, or everything is folded in with her dad's sell out.

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 4:53 pm 

I will miss Titan Games...which probably makes me an army of one.  :?

They occupied a niche that sometimes included some good things.  

I wonder if they are planning to keep selling on Ebay?

Noble Knight may have them beat in the service department, but not in price, even when counting in shipping.

Best of luck to Marcus King in the next phase of his business.  At least Titan Games remains as a brick and mortar store...a brick and mortar store is something we can cheer for, I think.

Mark   8)

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 5:43 pm 

FormCritic wrote:Noble Knight may have them beat in the service department, but not in price, even when counting in shipping.

Except that with NK, you also get the correct order, in the condition stated, shipped the next day. I'll happily pay a little bit extra for those three things.

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 9:43 am 

Has anybody dealt with a seller called tarumil?

I was watching two Judge's Guild listings of his for valuation purposes.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie ... 0123385589

and

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie ... 0116513209

(the winner of his May auction has already left feedback so it is not a relist)

Note the image used in each auction, plus they were two weeks apart.

Check out my Chaosium sourcebook.
Secrets of Tibet

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 9:54 am 

jasonw1239 wrote:Has anybody dealt with a seller called tarumil?

** expired/removed eBay auction **

and

I have dealt with Tarumil on a couple of occassions and had no issues at all.  

I am fairly certain he is just like Fencert in that he is sitting on a large pile of common JG items(amongst a large variety of other things as well), as he has been auctioning off lots and lots of them over the last couple years and that what you are likely seeing are just reused photos for the purposes of saving time..  I am sure Shane and Al can confiirm this as well.  :)

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 9:57 am 

I've bought a few things from tarumil.  I don't remember anything overly negative or positive about the transactions.

"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."
--H.L. Mencken

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 9:59 am 

Thanks for the info bclarkie. The reuse of a photo kind of waved a warning flag at me.
I realize that a lot of sellers use stock photos, but I was thinking about why somebody would use one again with heavy staple rust.

Check out my Chaosium sourcebook.
Secrets of Tibet

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 10:02 am 

jasonw1239 wrote:Thanks for the info bclarkie. The reuse of a photo kind of waved a warning flag at me.
I realize that a lot of sellers use stock photos, but I was thinking about why somebody would use one again with heavy staple rust.

One word----> L-A-Z-Y.  :wink:  :lol:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 11:08 am 

jasonw1239 wrote:Has anybody dealt with a seller called tarumil?

and

Jason, i have never dealt with him, but i do know the name. he has loads of JG stuff and am more than sure he has multiples of the dungeoneer packs. so have i :)

he's prb just using a stock photo, as they all look pretty much the same. with things like that, i do the same.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

PreviousNext