OT question for Italian Acaeum members
Author

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed May 02, 2007 6:23 am 

Buongiorno!

I am popping over to Italy for a friend's wedding this weekend and because of flights and lifts, on monday I have to spend four or five hours - late afternoon to early evening, waiting around in Pisa for the last flight back. I haven't been to Pisa before.  But I do know that for effective lounging around, choice of cafe is very important.  So, would anyone have any recommendations as to good places in Pisa to sit and eat/drink coffee/watch the city go by...

Thanks!

Steven.

Let's go fly a kite
Up to the highest height!

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed May 02, 2007 9:13 am 

:mrgreen:

Let mirth prevail!

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed May 02, 2007 6:42 pm 

:lol: Should be fun, but actually have lots of study on at the moment and could do with a weekend with my head stuck in some books rather than in the Tuscan hills.  But am best man, so duty to do...

Let's go fly a kite

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu May 03, 2007 1:43 am 

red_bus wrote:Buongiorno!

I am popping over to Italy for a friend's wedding this weekend and because of flights and lifts, on monday I have to spend four or five hours - late afternoon to early evening, waiting around in Pisa for the last flight back. I haven't been to Pisa before.  But I do know that for effective lounging around, choice of cafe is very important.  So, would anyone have any recommendations as to good places in Pisa to sit and eat/drink coffee/watch the city go by...

Thanks!

Steven.

ciao steven! i am not from pisa but afaik there is an acaeum member from pisa...  :wink:

i'll pm you...

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu May 03, 2007 6:29 am 

Got the pm - thanks!

Let's go fly a kite

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri May 04, 2007 5:13 am 

red_bus wrote:Buongiorno!

Don't forget we in Italy don't have Starbucks (who needs it here?  :lol: ), Pizza Hut (of course, we have a very good taste for pizzas  :wink: ) but, unfortunately, we do have McDonalds ( :evil:  :x  :x ) albeit not as many as, for example, France  :D