A note from Cougar ... this is a MUST read
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue May 08, 2007 3:45 pm 

ATOM wrote:
You know what guys? He is absolutely right...lets let bygons be bygons
and invite Diamond Dave round for a Wine and Cheese evening. :roll:

I'd like to introduce you to our resident "know it all economist" Xaxaxe was refering to before.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue May 08, 2007 4:26 pm 

bclarkie wrote:
I'd like to introduce you to our resident "know it all economist" Xaxaxe was refering to before.

Ah! That would explain things! He likes to have a debate this chap!

Tell me Sea-to-sky-games? Are stars merely pinholes in the cushion of night?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue May 08, 2007 5:06 pm 

ATOM wrote:
Ah! That would explain things! He likes to have a debate this chap!

Tell me Sea-to-sky-games? Are stars merely pinholes in the cushion of night?

Hic...you just had to go there, didn't you...Hic  :!:

What is with thesh dudes from Texas that shupport cougie? hic

LYRICS! WHERE'Z MY LYRICS! hic!

"Ah, you seek meaning? Then listen to the music, not the song."

"I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue May 08, 2007 5:13 pm 

Sea-to-sky-games wrote:
That's a good point, but there are probably as many or more reasons as why his business model would actually help you. As but one example, his notorious behavior scares people away from him and they go to you or Brian. You should almost be thankful you don't have to face as much competition as their otherwise would be.

Anyways, I'll let you guys have at him.. but in 20 years, this guy will have no meaning in your life save the hours you spent here talking about him. And in my view, that's not a good use of one's time.. for anyone's sake.

I've got nothing to do on a slow work day anyway....so it's just pure entertainment at the base level...

One school of thought would say a bad competitor would help your business. But then why are there trade unions, or the Better Business Bureau, or regulations against doing business a certain way?  I mean, if the guy down the street sells cars and they burn up when you drive them away, more business for me right at my car shop?  In actuality it often doesn't work out like that.  If I have bad Thai food at the place down the street, I might never eat Thai again, even at your really nice five star place instead of the greasy spoon I tried that got me sick.  It's just human nature.  Everyone is lumped into one category...Cougar and Badmike become just "Ebay resellers" and we are all crooks.
 Those too young to remember, for many years all AOL members were lumped into a group of basically crappy human beings who were filthy crooks and assholes.   It came about when AOL was growing exponentially and anyone who could punch a keyboard got a membership and proceeded to rip up the internet for laughs. I lost several sales back in the day when the buyers found out I was an AOL member. Does it make sense? Was it logical?  Of course not. But it was human nature.  And the stories aren't anecdotal.....I did know and do know now people that won't deal with Ebay in any way due to one or two bad experiences.  
 So what is better for my business, Cougie is an asshole on ebay who rips off people but may drive business my way, or a Cougie completely off the internet not doing business any longer?  I'd like to see him gone it's no secret.  The hope is the constant exposing of his methods and needling him will one day cause him to do something stupid....and perhaps get booted off ebay for awhile, if not for good.  Maybe he'll switch to selling something else (diaper coupons?) and he'll be someone elses problem.

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue May 08, 2007 8:57 pm 

Guys, when I said it won't work I meant no replies to Sea-to-Coug's post........ You know trolls love responses.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Collector

Post Posted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:46 pm 

For those still interested in DM.

I had business very close to his area sometime ago and since he had F***ed me over once before, I decided to pass by one of his three abodes... (You know, the only address he has ever used on eBay... yes that one)

His house is horribly squeezed into a terrace block which I would very much dislike to live in, it is also located in a run down (OK Shitty) area which I would also not like to live in. So many houses are stuffed together in his street, that it appears that parking is a permanent problem, all the spaces being already occupied by the other owners. I can just imagine how frustrating it must be for DM to go out in his car only to arrive back to find his parking space taken, and probably ends up parking some distance from his home most of the time. The road itself is quite narrow, which unfortunately for DM and all others in the street, means that only 1 car can pass along the road at a time. All the roads in the area are like this and such was my start-stop journey, interrupted by so many "oops here comes another car I need to reverse all the way back to the beginning of the road to let them through" that I almost gave up looking for the DM's lair.  I don't exaggerate here, his place is in a really bo****cks location... It could almost make you mad enough to charge too much on P&P.

If I ever pass by again, I'll take a picture of the street and post it for all to see.

Bottom line, if I had ANY other two houses to live in, that's where I'd be...

3 houses LOL.... WIPE

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:54 pm 

I posted something very similar myself, a year or so ago as I passed by his hovel.  :lol:   seems he hasn't moved then and I'm sure you enjoyed visiting the place!

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:17 pm 

Hi,

I don't think he drives.

Cheers,
Malc

I have a plan so cunning, you could put a tail on it and call it a weasel.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:26 pm 

lawrenson wrote:Hi,

I don't think he drives.

Cheers,
Malc

His chauffeur picks him up in one of the three cars he owns?   :lol:

That was mean.   :oops:   But fun!   :D

Truth is worth finding and life is too short to work for money.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:54 pm 

Do you think he squeezes all his spies/couglets in with him? I could easily see tham all colluding over a tiny round table.
The insults are quite amusing. Collective IQ? I'd be surprised if there is even one member here who doesn't have him beat by double digits. I should fax him a copy of my MENSA card.
However, he is correct in one respect: he does garner a lot of exposure from us. Granted, it is all negative, but at least he was right about something.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Collector

Post Posted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:40 pm 

Gosh! I feel much better for having let out my little anecdote. I'm just glad I've found a place when I can talk about it.

Hi my name is Zipede and I've been effected by the Cougar...

I quite enjoy collecting TSR stuff too :)

Previous