A note from Cougar ... this is a MUST read
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue May 08, 2007 1:16 pm 

Sea-to-sky-games

There is definately no room for anyone round here who seeks man-love
with the Cougstar! The horrible swine has ripped me off and a whole lot of other people here too! I would like to see you getting all weepy over him when he takes your hard earned money does not bother to send you the items...blocks you because he knows he is in the wrong and cant be bothered reading your emails. Then complains when you "NEG" him?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue May 08, 2007 1:35 pm 

Troll song and beer, troll song and beer....it's goin to be a good day  8)

"Ah, you seek meaning? Then listen to the music, not the song."

"I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue May 08, 2007 1:38 pm 

Sea-to-sky-games wrote:I don't know. If this was anyone else who was diagnosed with dyslexia or something, you wouldn't give it another thought. You guys have way too much time on your hands. I mean have any of you actually met him?

It reminds me of politics. Its like there's millions of people who hate Bush or hate Clinton. I just don't understand it. Most likely, when you actually meet the blokes.. you hit it right off. The reason: there's more to life than politics.. and the same thing can be said of rpg collecting.

I was giving Cougie the benefit of the doubt...I have long ago determined dyslexia is a competent diagnosis given the abundance of spelling mistakes.  The only other solution is that he's illiterate, which I would have to say is a possibility also.
  There is pure evil in the world, despite what some would have us believe about "misunderstood" people and their motives.  Millions of people may hate Bush or Clinton, but that is merely their opinion based on politics.  Cougie is an all around "feel good" hate because he's a numbskull that cuts across all boundaries that divide us as humans to unite us as haters of something so wrong, so morally bankrupt, so inept, so sleezy that it makes most con artists look relatively benign.
 I have no doubt that there are a lot of people I've got into it on the internet that, in real life, I'd love to have a beer with and shoot a few games of pool.  Cougie doesn't strike me as one of those, unfortunately.

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue May 08, 2007 3:04 pm 

There is definately no room for anyone round here who seeks man-love
with the Cougstar! The horrible swine has ripped me off and a whole lot of other people here too! I would like to see you getting all weepy over him when he takes your hard earned money does not bother to send you the items...blocks you because he knows he is in the wrong and cant be bothered reading your emails. Then complains when you "NEG" him?

Look I don't know him but to ridicule and spread hate just seems way over-the-top. I think it is firmly established -- etched in stone -- that no one here particularly likes the way he does business. Why beat a dead horse? Holding grudges and seeking vengeance don't exactly speak well of anyone's character.

Anyways, the point is, for all I know my best friend would screw the occassional buyer too, or skimp out on shipping, or not be the best person to deal with.. particularly if he had 1000 auctions per week, or whatever it is. Heck, some people also have what we call "character flaws".

I'm just saying you don't know him at all, save for one very small slice, so judge accordingly. There's just got to be better things in life to do than ramble on about some dude that has about the same effect on your life as some fictional character in a cartoon.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue May 08, 2007 3:17 pm 

Sea-to-sky-games wrote:
Look I don't know him but to ridicule and spread hate just seems way over-the-top. I think it is firmly established -- etched in stone -- that no one here particularly likes the way he does business. Why beat a dead horse? Holding grudges and seeking vengeance don't exactly speak well of anyone's character.

Anyways, the point is, for all I know my best friend would screw the occassional buyer too, or skimp out on shipping, or not be the best person to deal with.. particularly if he had 1000 auctions per week, or whatever it is. Heck, some people also have what we call "character flaws".

I'm just saying you don't know him at all, save for one very small slice, so judge accordingly. There's just got to be better things in life to do than ramble on about some dude that has about the same effect on your life as some fictional character in a cartoon.

Honestly, if Coug was dealing in comics, Corgi metal tanks, kites, or padded bras, I doubt I'd care.  However, I am also in the business of selling used RPG items. To relate it to something else, if you own a doughnut store, and the guy who owns a doughnut store down the street is smearing feces in his doughnuts, it's going to affect your business if only peripherially.  By association all doughnut stores in the area are going to be painted with the same brush....
Everybody taken by the Coug is a potential buyer/seller who might not deal on ebay anymore.  Every nut kick by Coug to a potential customer has the possibility of making my bottom line go down as that guy decides Ebay is a bad place to do business. I know it sounds crazy but to this day I meet gamers who won't have anything to do with Ebay due to a bad experience 1 year, 5 years or even longer ago.    Who knows how many Coug has scared away due to his tactics....

But besides that, it's fun and educational to pile on such a piece of human dogshit  :D

Mike B.

NTRPGCON

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue May 08, 2007 3:24 pm 

Sea-to-sky-games wrote:Why beat a dead horse?

Why keep defending him?

Oh, wait, I know the answer already ... it rhymes with "toll" and "roll." In fact, it sort of looks like those two words, too ...

Sea-to-sky-games wrote:There's just got to be better things in life to do than ramble on about some dude that has about the same effect on your life as some fictional character in a cartoon.

And, in one sentence, you just prove, once again, that you truly DO NOT GET IT.

Cougar has had an effect on quite a few people here, genius. He's had a direct effect on some in the form of stolen goods and/or money, along with undeserved negative feedback. He constantly barges his way into U.S.-only auctions, both driving up the final price and taking items out of the hands of the "real" auction winners, many of whom are members here. Indirectly (or, more precisely, more difficult to prove), he drives people away from our little collecting niche — or off of eBay altogether — after they have the typically horrible Cougar experience and conclude that "we must all be like that."

There's a larger picture, too, which you seem to be willfully choosing to ignore: there could not possibly be a worse ambassador for our entire hobby than DM Dave Whitfield. It's just not possible. The damage he does every day to our collective reputations is just unspeakable. But only two people don't seem to recognize that fact: you and Diamond Dave.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue May 08, 2007 3:26 pm 

Sea-to-sky-games wrote:

Well i was just answering your "are you just jumping on the bandwagon post".Yes i have had the dubious pleasure of dealing with Cougarretard.
And you are getting me wrong if you think i come on here to spread hate!
There is another thing called humour (maybe you have heard of it) and rather than be all wound up and angry, i would much rather poke fun.
There is nothing wrong with that...and by God Coogy deserves to be laughed at and the object of ridicule.And also on a more serious note
people need to be warned of his shady practices.Every week he shafts
people.That may very well be okay with you and your friend but for me it is not acceptable.
You are welcome to read all the postings here and comment on them, but
if they are so tiresome why bother? Is it perhaps because you find the
Cougy Forum interesting? Humourous? Maybe?...but never Hate filled.
You my friend are entitled to your opinion...i to mine.
Just do not expect me to get all warm and fuzzy over Coogies character flaws.

I share my sympathies with his many victims...you should too!

Last edited by ATOM on Tue May 08, 2007 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue May 08, 2007 3:28 pm 

Everybody taken by the Coug is a potential buyer/seller who might not deal on ebay anymore.  Every nut kick by Coug to a potential customer has the possibility of making my bottom line go down as that guy decides Ebay is a bad place to do business. I know it sounds crazy but to this day I meet gamers who won't have anything to do with Ebay due to a bad experience 1 year, 5 years or even longer ago.    Who knows how many Coug has scared away due to his tactics....

That's a good point, but there are probably as many or more reasons as why his business model would actually help you. As but one example, his notorious behavior scares people away from him and they go to you or Brian. You should almost be thankful you don't have to face as much competition as their otherwise would be.

Anyways, I'll let you guys have at him.. but in 20 years, this guy will have no meaning in your life save the hours you spent here talking about him. And in my view, that's not a good use of one's time.. for anyone's sake.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue May 08, 2007 3:30 pm 

Sea-to-sky-games wrote: And in my view, that's not a good use of one's time.. for anyone's sake.

As opposed to trolling ...  :roll:

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue May 08, 2007 3:30 pm 

Sea-to-sky-games wrote:
That's a good point, but there are probably as many or more reasons as why his business model would actually help you. As but one example, his notorious behavior scares people away from him and they go to you or Brian. You should almost be thankful you don't have to face as much competition as their otherwise would be.

Anyways, I'll let you guys have at him.. but in 20 years, this guy will have no meaning in your life save the hours you spent here talking about him. And in my view, that's not a good use of one's time.. for anyone's sake.

Its just another form of interactive entertainment.....
And a lot of us are in work actually getting paid to do this :lol:

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue May 08, 2007 3:37 pm 

Cougar has had an effect on quite a few people here, genius. He's had a direct effect on some in the form of stolen goods and/or money, along with undeserved negative feedback.

Had an effect, not will. It's clear no one here will buy from him again.. so why all this animosity? I guess I just think people should be forward looking with their life.. not backward.

He constantly barges his way into U.S.-only auctions, both driving up the final price and taking items out of the hands of the "real" auction winners, many of whom are members here.

I guess I don't follow. If he wins the auction, he obviously wants the item(s) more than anyone else. If someone wants it more than Dave, they will bid more. Honestly, I've been on eBay for 8 years and I don't think he's ever had a material impact on anything I've ever bought. He's no worse than a newbie, or any other buyer.

Indirectly (or, more precisely, more difficult to prove), he drives people away from our little collecting niche — or off of eBay altogether — after they have the typically horrible Cougar experience and conclude that "we must all be like that."

As a buyer, this is a good thing, because it lowers demand and thus reduces prices. As a seller, one could easily argue he's been a boon to your business.

There's a larger picture, too, which you seem to be willfully choosing to ignore: there could not possibly be a worse ambassador for our entire hobby than DM Dave Whitfield. It's just not possible. The damage he does every day to our collective reputations is just unspeakable. But only two people don't seem to recognize that fact: you and Diamond Dave.

First, his impact on the hobby is miniscule. But even if I were to grant you that he was Gary Gygax himself, I still fail to understand what ridiculing him does to solve this. Everyone here won't buy from him, so its not like these posts are informational. Everyone here won't sell to him. It's purely vengeance.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue May 08, 2007 3:41 pm 

Sea-to-sky-games wrote:more trollish nonsense

I am sorry what is it exactly that you contribute to this site?  

Seriously, for someone who continues on about people needing something better to do with their lives, don't you?

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue May 08, 2007 3:41 pm 

Sea-to-sky-games wrote:
First, his impact on the hobby is miniscule. But even if I were to grant you that he was Gary Gygax himself, I still fail to understand what ridiculing him does to solve this. Everyone here won't buy from him, so its not like these posts are informational. Everyone here won't sell to him. It's purely vengeance.

You know what guys? He is absolutely right...lets let bygons be bygons
and invite Diamond Dave round for a Wine and Cheese evening. :roll:

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue May 08, 2007 3:45 pm 

Sea-to-sky-games wrote:Trolling yet again!  What a supprise!

The only postings on this site that I am tired of reading is the drivel that you insist on spewing.  That's the only thing here that I find tiresome.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue May 08, 2007 3:45 pm 

ATOM wrote:
You know what guys? He is absolutely right...lets let bygons be bygons
and invite Diamond Dave round for a Wine and Cheese evening. :roll:

I'd like to introduce you to our resident "know it all economist" Xaxaxe was refering to before.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue May 08, 2007 4:26 pm 

bclarkie wrote:
I'd like to introduce you to our resident "know it all economist" Xaxaxe was refering to before.

Ah! That would explain things! He likes to have a debate this chap!

Tell me Sea-to-sky-games? Are stars merely pinholes in the cushion of night?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue May 08, 2007 5:06 pm 

ATOM wrote:
Ah! That would explain things! He likes to have a debate this chap!

Tell me Sea-to-sky-games? Are stars merely pinholes in the cushion of night?

Hic...you just had to go there, didn't you...Hic  :!:

What is with thesh dudes from Texas that shupport cougie? hic

LYRICS! WHERE'Z MY LYRICS! hic!

"Ah, you seek meaning? Then listen to the music, not the song."

"I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue May 08, 2007 5:13 pm 

Sea-to-sky-games wrote:

I've got nothing to do on a slow work day anyway....so it's just pure entertainment at the base level...

One school of thought would say a bad competitor would help your business. But then why are there trade unions, or the Better Business Bureau, or regulations against doing business a certain way?  I mean, if the guy down the street sells cars and they burn up when you drive them away, more business for me right at my car shop?  In actuality it often doesn't work out like that.  If I have bad Thai food at the place down the street, I might never eat Thai again, even at your really nice five star place instead of the greasy spoon I tried that got me sick.  It's just human nature.  Everyone is lumped into one category...Cougar and Badmike become just "Ebay resellers" and we are all crooks.
 Those too young to remember, for many years all AOL members were lumped into a group of basically crappy human beings who were filthy crooks and assholes.   It came about when AOL was growing exponentially and anyone who could punch a keyboard got a membership and proceeded to rip up the internet for laughs. I lost several sales back in the day when the buyers found out I was an AOL member. Does it make sense? Was it logical?  Of course not. But it was human nature.  And the stories aren't anecdotal.....I did know and do know now people that won't deal with Ebay in any way due to one or two bad experiences.  
 So what is better for my business, Cougie is an asshole on ebay who rips off people but may drive business my way, or a Cougie completely off the internet not doing business any longer?  I'd like to see him gone it's no secret.  The hope is the constant exposing of his methods and needling him will one day cause him to do something stupid....and perhaps get booted off ebay for awhile, if not for good.  Maybe he'll switch to selling something else (diaper coupons?) and he'll be someone elses problem.

Mike B.

NTRPGCON

PreviousNext