A note from Cougar ... this is a MUST read
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue May 01, 2007 12:49 am 

FormCritic wrote:I think cougarrinard is having fun.  I think he likes the attention.

I keep expecting him to turn up dressed as Jabba the Hut or maybe Baltar from the original Battlestar Galactica.  Other times I picture him as the Yosemite Sam of gaming...or maybe Dick Dastardly (from The Great Race) with Muttley as his sidekick.  One has the feeling that cougarinnard's day job is trying to avenge himself upon Inspector Clouseau.  

He's a fun guy to have around.  I mean, who could be as perfect a villain as cougarrinard has been in a hobby like RPG collecting?  From his titanium ego to his demented syntax...you have to love this guy.

He has double-dealt the double dealers.  He gloats over his plans with hideous and egotistical laughter.  He tells funny stories about his adventures.  Frankly, if it weren't that his Ebay account seems to be real, I wouldn't believe he exists.  He has that aura around him of an elaborate prank or inside joke.

I think it would be funny if he came here and started a flame thread (limited to one flame thread) where he makes outrageous claims and other people try to refute them.

I have said it before, but it bears repeating....cougarrinard is the Dr. Evil of RPG collecting.  Watch for him soon on the Jerry Springer Show.   :lol:

Mark  8)

If Cougie is Dr. Evil, then who is his Mini-Me?? :lol:  :lol:  :D  :!:

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue May 01, 2007 12:52 am 

LittlePrincessFreya?  :D

(sorry, couldn't resist)

Original 28mm fantasy gaming miniatures at http://www.centerstageminis.com

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue May 01, 2007 1:16 am 

No, LPF would be Mrs. Mini-Me!! :D  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
(rats--I can't think of some evil woman from 007 that fits here . . . ideas?)

Seriously, what a #%^$^%!&* storm this has stirred up--the site's version of Katrina?  Unfortuantely, Cougie's got a point here--he said that he has other ID's he can use, so that for eBay to KO Cougie, they would have to compare all of his ID's to their IP addresses, or something similar (the fees he pays have to go to SOME bank, after all!).  It might take New Scotland Yard to figure it all out, however . . . .

My thought:  It seems like ebay should set something up where withdrawn feedback, neutrals, and negatives should show up as a separate total for the life of the ID (how many negatives, neutrals, etc. would Cougie have if each of those had a life-long total on-screen which showed up no matter if you wanted private feedback?) instead of stopping after one year; or organize negatives and neutrals so one sees only the negatives and neutrals (and withdrawn, too).

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue May 01, 2007 6:21 am 

Cougie's comrades would be Private Panther, TechSgt Tiger, Corporal Cheetah and the rest.
You know, in a way he is exactly like STD. He has his own thread, fer chrissakes.
Since I'm not much of a reseller, Cougie's "fuck the customer" attitude doesn't affect me much. I find him mildly amusing. I am sure he does indeed have 3 houses, all made up of modules. He wakes up in the afternoon, looks at the walls, and decides which wall he wants to sell. Then he scams a lot seller and rebuilds the wall.
Probably uses M bags as toilet paper.
With the disappearance of M bags, I can't see how he can sustain his "pyramid scheme" of buying and selling.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Tue May 01, 2007 8:45 am 

Deadlord39 wrote:With the disappearance of M bags, I can't see how he can sustain his "pyramid scheme" of buying and selling.

Perhaps Cougar's abuse caused the USPS to do away with M-Bags.  8O

If the M-Bags go away, will da Coug find a way around it?  He's a blatant cheat and not a con artist, so he doesn't have the brains to do anything more complex than auction pieces of clay as gaming miniatures.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Tue May 01, 2007 9:21 am 

I haven't had anything to do with this character, thankfully, but having read your previous posts about him he sounds a despicable cheat and liar.

However, coming from Portsmouth thats all I would expect...... :D

(thats probably only going to make Southampton people chuckle, sorry to you guys in the US!)

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue May 01, 2007 2:02 pm 

JohnGaunt wrote:Perhaps Cougar's abuse caused the USPS to do away with M-Bags ... If the M-Bags go away, will da Coug find a way around it?  

As BeyondTheBreach noted a couple of days ago, it looks like there's some loopholes in the M-bag rules. I'll just go ahead and fetch his whole quote:

Beyondthebreach wrote:My Bags will still be available, but no more Surface Mail - only Airmail.

The Rates are here:

http://www.usps.com/ratecase/intlrates/ ... .1.10.html

So how does that compare to the old days? I imagine it's still not favorable for the Coug, as one of his goals was to ship across the water as dirt-cheap as he could. Now he's going to have to ask that his M-bags be put on airplanes ... hmmm. Interesting development.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed May 02, 2007 7:14 am 

I've delt with cougie before actually, the transaction went fine and items were as described, I also demanded a shipping quote before hand and he stuck to it. But, he is a dick... he really really is. There's absolutely no reason to be so abusive to people who leave justified negative feedback but he is. I've read a lot of his feedback and his replys and he comes off as a 14 yr old spoilt brat.

iq: Maybe he took an average, in which case i'm betting it was his iq that brought the lot of us down to average.

"Somehow, in hell I knew there would be mushrooms"

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed May 02, 2007 10:47 am 

Xaxaxe wrote:So how does that compare to the old days? I imagine it's still not favorable for the Coug, as one of his goals was to ship across the water as dirt-cheap as he could. Now he's going to have to ask that his M-bags be put on airplanes ... hmmm. Interesting development.

Old M-Bag rates - this is the cheapest option for Surface Mail M-Bags (it's poorly worded, but it means the 1st 11 lbs are the set rate and after 11 lbs it increases per pound) :

Books and Sheet Music and
Publishers' Periodicals
Weight not over 11 lbs.   $10.45
Each additional pound or fraction of a pound         $.95

New M-Bag rates:

Weight not over 11 lbs.:  $31.35
Each additional pound or fraction of a pound $2.85

So, with the old method, a 50 lbs package would cost:  $47.50

With the new rates, a 50 lbs. package willl cost:  $142.50

Quite a difference . . . rates effective May 14th . . . tick . . . tick . . . tick

"Gleemonex makes it feel like it's seventy-two degrees in your head... all... the... time! "

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed May 02, 2007 2:49 pm 

Lest we forget! This was the funniest thing ive seen this year!

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed May 02, 2007 3:09 pm 

what's funny is he got that account "locked" ( and another lesser used one I have ) by ebay because "my email registration info" was incorrect on them ( but funny I got one email..the other they were correct on, I typo'd it by mistake ), or at least that was what ebay.uk  said. :roll:

I was going to argue it but they wanted me to send a passport id, bills, etc. to show I lived where I said I did...easier just to make another and annoy the crap out of him  :wink:

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed May 02, 2007 3:15 pm 

Exactly. Can i cut and paste this into my ebay account about Me section?
That will really piss im off.And such an obious work of art such as this needs to be aired!

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed May 02, 2007 3:26 pm 

Please feel free to  :D

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu May 03, 2007 4:03 pm 

ahahah wtf? where'd those pictures come from! hahahahaha

"Somehow, in hell I knew there would be mushrooms"

Prolific Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu May 03, 2007 7:51 pm 

Badmike wrote:
You're dead on Mark.  I keep picturing him in a Dr. Evil suit screaming at his computer "Throw me a frikken bone here, I'm the COUGIE!  And all my D&D stuff is worth ONE MILLION DOLLARS!"

Mike B.

hahahahahaha
:D

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri May 04, 2007 10:45 am 

Given his writing style and grammatical eccentricities, I can also picture cougarrinard as Evil Scooby Doo.

"Will you do it for two Cougie Snacks?"

"Ro-KAY! Ro-KAY Ri Rav Ritanium Reedback!"

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri May 04, 2007 11:01 am 

Maybe...and bear with me on this one....

Maybe he is half-dalek like Davros in Dr Who!....a fat guy that cannot walk!

Or that mad guy from Silence of the Lambs?
"It puts the Lotion and the H1 Module in the bucket!"

Or Adolf Hitlers lovechild? That would explain a lot especially his right to
emcompass the globe and bend the free D&D community to his tyrannical
will...hmmm!

Or Emperor Ming the Merciless? "Your items were lost in postal space!"

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue May 08, 2007 11:10 am 

I don't know. If this was anyone else who was diagnosed with dyslexia or something, you wouldn't give it another thought. You guys have way too much time on your hands. I mean have any of you actually met him?

It reminds me of politics. Its like there's millions of people who hate Bush or hate Clinton. I just don't understand it. Most likely, when you actually meet the blokes.. you hit it right off. The reason: there's more to life than politics.. and the same thing can be said of rpg collecting.

PreviousNext