A note from Cougar ... this is a MUST read
Author

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 6:42 pm 

I just received this from Diamond Dave. It really needs no introduction, but I will add that I have not altered a single thing: all of the thousands of errors in spelling, grammar, basic punctuation, etc., have been left intact.

As for the ethics of posting an email here? I would never do it to anyone but Cougar, believe me. But he is such a scam artist, liar, bully, and outright thief that I have no qualms at all about posting this. In fact, I think it could be very instructional for those users here (not to mention lurkers) who think that we are sometimes too harsh on DM Dave or are considering buying something from him.

Those people should read the following very carefully, noting especially how Cougie implies that he not only uses multiple accounts but that he is very aware of how to scam people with M-bags and other shipping rip-offs.

I'll let Cougie's words speak for themselves; draw your own conclusions.

+++++

"report this back to your girls at the web shite,

I needed the other account for a while, it served it purpose to distract you all which it did so now I am using the ebay service of private feedback, live with it, call it waht you will, I just had a look at the farce you call a site.   you lot are so wrong on just about everything its not even worth me replying, I did not read it for a while cos I have been busy, but you actually though a poerson I was dealing with was me.   the theories that you lot come up with are hilarious.  indead only you lot could even bother thinking them up, POINTLESS.    stikll you waste your time how you want.   again it would not be so bad if I had had any dealings with any of you so that you would at least have a glimmer of evidence or truth but alas you dont so i dont care one jot about you, any of you. losers.

what makes you think i dont already have other accounts, ou lot are just not clever enough to spot them, LOL

you fional serious question?    [editor's note: I had asked DM Dave why he had turned a fun pastime (D&D collecting) into such a miserable, unhappy chore.] well I AM having fun, I enjoy buying, playing, collecting and selling D&D and have done for 31 years, (your web site members cumlative age i believe?)     I enjoy it greatly, getting huge parcels in, seperating them up and reselling them.    I have thus far bought two houses form the profits and a third is on the way, thanks.  yes i enjoy it.  and i do enjoy the playing with you lot as well.   sure a few people take any notice of you but I can tell you I have had more sales and contacts from the advertising you lot give me than I could have wished for, thats why I dont log on, cannot be bothered and your helping me.  People see what you say, see my account, my 35,000 +FB;s and all my lovely stock for sale and just cannot help themsleves, they say that they were warned but tried a small item and were impressed so buy again, that  why I have so many repeat buyers, again something that you lot cannot claim.

I may log onot your web site oif i ever quiet down, to drum up some more waves, but you can all do that for yourselves for now,   thinking i was that person, just another example of how wrong you all are contstantly, LOL.   my spies and I had a great laugh at that one.   really showing yoursleves up for the idiots you are.

yes thank i AM having fun, now run aong and post this to your girlfriends so you can all have a girly giggle, while i earn some serious honest money doing the full time job I love, (which is being largest D&D seller in the UK in case your too thick to remember)

so how have I M bag scammed that you know or have spoken to personally?  

and even if i could prove you lot wrong would you ever listen?  believe me?   what would be the point and more the point why should i bother?   what are you lot to me?      free advertising ?         remember the only thing worse than being talked about is not being talked about ~ you will never win.  and as you go futher you will see why (if you ever manage to add you combined IQ scores together and reach 100 form your whole web shite that is of course)"

+++++

The part about the "three houses" is my favorite, if anyone is keeping score. :)

Last edited by Xaxaxe on Mon Apr 30, 2007 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 6:52 pm 

I was going to post this in the other thread, but I guess I'll bring it over here. I really didn't want to get involved in cougie's shenanigans, but his follow-ups to me are pure cougarrinard: two parts insult, one part lies (NOWHERE on his auctions is shipping/handling stated), and one part puffery about his TENS OF THOUSANDS of feedbacks.

I've redacted my ID because, as I said, I really didn't want to get involved in this in the first place, but I think these four feedbacks pretty much sum up his existence. Click it for a readable version:

"i consider myslef lucky that i am not in your clicky web site stainers one & all" - littleprincessfreya aka cougarrinard

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 6:58 pm 

Actually, upon re-reading, I don't feel bad at all for posting the original email. In his first line, Cougie basically asked me to do so.  :)

The Liar, Thief, and Bully wrote:"report this back to your girls at the web shite,

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 7:12 pm 

I seriously want to take a trip to the UK. Maybe on the next desert deployment that routes through the UK..........

"Ah, you seek meaning? Then listen to the music, not the song."

"I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 7:15 pm 

schief wrote:I was going to post this in the other thread, but I guess I'll bring it over here. I really didn't want to get involved in cougie's shenanigans, but his follow-ups to me are pure cougarrinard: two parts insult, one part lies (NOWHERE on his auctions is shipping/handling stated), and one part puffery about his TENS OF THOUSANDS of feedbacks.

I've redacted my ID because, as I said, I really didn't want to get involved in this in the first place, but I think these four feedbacks pretty much sum up his existence. Click it for a readable version:

[ Image ]

I hate to throw gasoline onto a house fire already, but you may not even know the worst part of the exceessive S&H fees that you paid.  This seems to have been forgotten about, but in the not so distant past Cougar was buying up hundeds and hundreds of unfranked stamps:

viewtopic.php?t=1688&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=7

Which effectively means that he was paying pennies on the actual dollar value of those stamps which were already used once(yes, Postal Fraud!!) and then reusing them to ship items illegally.   There is a distinct possibility that Dave actualy paid little to nothing shipping your item(s) out and yet still charged you twice what it actually should have cost him to do so.  So even Postal Fraud is not beyond our dear old pal.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Last edited by bclarkie on Mon Apr 30, 2007 7:23 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 7:16 pm 

"report this back to your girls at the web shite,

Too bad it's all downhill from there.  "Web shite."  :D

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 7:21 pm 

bclarkie wrote:There is a distinct possibility that Dave actualy paid little to nothing shipping your item(s) out and yet still charged you twice what it actually should have cost him to do so.  So even Postal Fraud is not beyond our dear old pal.

Oh, I found that out...AFTER the fact.  :evil: My package came with a block of 16 £1 stamps on it, which in these days of electronic postage seemed a little...unusual. I wouldn't be surprised in the least if he's still playing that game.

"i consider myslef lucky that i am not in your clicky web site stainers one & all" - littleprincessfreya aka cougarrinard

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 7:24 pm 

I think cougarrinard is having fun.  I think he likes the attention.

I keep expecting him to turn up dressed as Jabba the Hut or maybe Baltar from the original Battlestar Galactica.  Other times I picture him as the Yosemite Sam of gaming...or maybe Dick Dastardly (from The Great Race) with Muttley as his sidekick.  One has the feeling that cougarinnard's day job is trying to avenge himself upon Inspector Clouseau.  

He's a fun guy to have around.  I mean, who could be as perfect a villain as cougarrinard has been in a hobby like RPG collecting?  From his titanium ego to his demented syntax...you have to love this guy.

He has double-dealt the double dealers.  He gloats over his plans with hideous and egotistical laughter.  He tells funny stories about his adventures.  Frankly, if it weren't that his Ebay account seems to be real, I wouldn't believe he exists.  He has that aura around him of an elaborate prank or inside joke.

I think it would be funny if he came here and started a flame thread (limited to one flame thread) where he makes outrageous claims and other people try to refute them.

I have said it before, but it bears repeating....cougarrinard is the Dr. Evil of RPG collecting.  Watch for him soon on the Jerry Springer Show.   :lol:

Mark  8)

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Last edited by FormCritic on Mon Apr 30, 2007 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 7:27 pm 

is possible to buy unused postage stamps at discount of 10-15% for large purchase
often check if original gum if you dont mind gloving up in case of cougar spit. post offices never use postage stamps unless a letter or computer broken

Last edited by Rakeesh sah Tarna on Mon Apr 30, 2007 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 7:29 pm 

Well-said, Mark.

I would add that in addition to fun, Cougie is also sort of fascinating. Sort of the same way that looking at a car accident is fascinating (you can't look away) or that picking at your own closed wounds is fascinating (you just can't help it).

Dimaond Dave would definitely be nothing more than comic relief (see "three houses" for instance) if he just wasn't such a thief. Unfortunately, that part actually ends up hurting other people.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 7:30 pm 

The "three houses" remark reminds me of this joke:

Two Texans are leaning against a fence, looking out over a pasture.  First one says "How much land you got here anyway?"

And the second one says, "Well, I can get in my pick-up and drive all day from one end and still not reach the other end."

Long silence.  Then the first guy says "Yeah, I used to have a pick-up like that."

Three houses.  Yeah, I've heard of houses that cheap.

Let mirth prevail!

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 7:40 pm 

bombadil wrote:Three houses.  Yeah, I've heard of houses that cheap.

Yeah, me too:

Or:

:lol:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 7:48 pm 

:lol:

(that second one:  house, or poor attempt to hide the body?)

Let mirth prevail!

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 7:52 pm 

snack stop for bruins??

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 8:07 pm 

:lol:  :lol:

Actually been in that situation.   8O

Let mirth prevail!

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 11:00 pm 

FormCritic wrote:
I have said it before, but it bears repeating....cougarrinard is the Dr. Evil of RPG collecting.  Watch for him soon on the Jerry Springer Show.   :lol:

Mark  8)

You're dead on Mark.  I keep picturing him in a Dr. Evil suit screaming at his computer "Throw me a frikken bone here, I'm the COUGIE!  And all my D&D stuff is worth ONE MILLION DOLLARS!"

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 11:06 pm 

Xaxaxe wrote:I  my spies and I had a great laugh at that one.   really showing yoursleves up for the idiots you are.

That was my favorite part...like he has this ENTIRE evil network of baddies, like Dr. Evil, who scurry around doing his dirty work. "Cougie's Comrades" or something like that, minions that report to the furry one about all the awful things being said about him everywhere in the world...

God, you just KNOW this guy is belt-busting FAT, bald as a cueball, has coke bottle thick glasses and his computer is surrounded by empty Mountain Dew cans and Ding Dong wrappers...

Not that there's anything wrong with that... :wink:

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 11:47 pm 

FormCritic wrote:He's a fun guy to have around.  I mean, who could be as perfect a villain as cougarrinard has been in a hobby like RPG collecting?  From his titanium ego to his demented syntax...you have to love this guy.

I quite disagree.  I do not have to love the guy.  I hate him thoroughly.  I think he's an absolute moron, and there's nothing I despise more.  Who cares about his latest shenanigans -- let's just stop talking about him, perhaps he'll implode from a lack of attention.  It's certainly worth a shot.

Incidentally, if our combined IQ is less than 100, some of you folks must be really dumb.  Oh, nevermind.  He's a member; he's counting himself.  :lol:

YIM  
Next