Magazines
Author

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 10:45 am 

red_bus wrote:
Do you mean that you will get (a) more for a collection selling each mag off one by one, so that some will go higher as collectors look to fill holes in their collections etc.. or (b) more for a collection selling it as a single lot, because the prestige and rarity of getting a whole (poss. complete) collection in one go adds to the price - so you get more than if you sold it off piecemeal?  I am note sure myself which - for big collections, a big price will limit your audience, but then, big collections don't appear that often....

I think a) would bring in the most cash - at least some form of a).  Probably not every issue by itself but say the first 50, then into bundles of magazines and then separting the 3rd edition stuff, etc.  I'm not even sure what kind of price what an estimate value of a complete Dragon collection would be but I could guess at $1500? And the number of people just willing to drop that amount on Ebay for an auction (regardless of what it is) is pretty limited.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Mon May 07, 2007 12:38 am 

** expired/removed eBay auction **

£250 BIN for a WD1 (there is another one up at the moment - current price £41)

(to the sellers credit it's a very nice auction - I think you could certainly bid with confidence)(My favourite part of the item is the fact that it's been date stamped - how cool is that!?! :D )

You can never have too much of something you didn't need in the first place.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:14 pm 

Regarding Owl & Weasel, the following interview with Ian Livingstone might be of some interest.

Owl and Weasel: Silver Lodge Interview

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:18 pm 

PaulofCthulhu wrote in Magazines:Regarding Owl & Weasel, the following interview with Ian Livingstone might be of some interest.

Owl and Weasel: Silver Lodge Interview

:lol: re. unusual character class! (WD as originally announced in O&W was planned to be A5 format with card covers, btw: thankfully they changed their mind by the next issue...).

Listening in now - wish I'd known beforehand. Thanks to y'both. ;)

[edit] Good work. :) Guess I'll still have to find out whose idea A4 single-sided was, before the A5 reprint. Also interesting to see John Peake's name on the trophy into the 1990s. Nice games room!

"7.3 ORGANIZING THE PARTY: Always have a keg, even if it's BYOB...
7.4 TAKING THE GAME SERIOUSLY: Don't"

Previous