TSR wallet on ebay
Author

Collector

Post Posted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 3:24 pm 

hello, im considering buy a yellow tsr d&d wallet from ebay it is very pricey. Does anyone have a possible cheaper one for trade or sale? it is the 183 larami one

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 3:32 pm 

Melfs Acid Coffee wrote:hello, im considering buy a yellow tsr d&d wallet from ebay it is very pricey. Does anyone have a possible cheaper one for trade or sale? it is the 183 larami one

Hi there and welcome to the forum.  Interesting introduction I must say, especially in the main forum here, but hey who needs the classifeds right?

Anyway, moving onto your question, I am assuming that you are refering to this one, when you say pricey:

** expired eBay auction **

Considering that wallet isn't even sealed, its worth $10 or less at best.  There was an Ebay seller selling sealed ones not that long ago with a $40 BIN on them and people werent even touching it for that price. Assuming no one here has a spare that they are looking to offload, I am quite sure with a little bit of patience you can find one for much cheaper than $100.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 3:36 pm 

Just to follow up further, here is one that was brand new sold back in January:

$8 plus shipping.

And here is another brand new one from back in November:

$17 plus shipping

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 4:26 pm 

Imagine whipping that puppy out as you sidle up to the bar in, say, a biker joint and, in a very loud and crystal clear voice, order a Pink Lady, "Light on the gin, please, and heavy on the grenadine!".

Oh, yeah...

Let mirth prevail!

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 4:28 pm 

bombadil wrote:Imagine whipping that puppy out as you sidle up to the bar in, say, a biker joint and, in a very loud and crystal clear voice, order a Pink Lady, "Light on the gin, please, and heavy on the grenadine!".

Oh, yeah...

Something tells me that will not get you laid.  :lol:

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 4:30 pm 

scratches yet another entry off on the "best-kept secrets of successful playboys" list.

Let mirth prevail!

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 8:16 pm 

This Australian Seller has been selling these wallets mint in packaging, one after another for over a year now. They have sold for anything from the listing price of $5.50 up to a few frenzied competitions where they have gone for over $30. He must have / have had a whole box of them.

The current auction is offering two for the price of one so maybe he is near the end of his stock.

That Seller listing one for US$95. All I can say is  8O  8O  8O . He's hoping to tap into the idiot Buyer market with that listing. I suspect these wallets are quite common as they come up all the time.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 8:20 pm 

HermitFromPluto wrote:This Australian Seller has been selling these wallets mint in packaging, one after another for over a year now. They have sold for anything from the listing price of $5.50 up to a few frenzied competitions where they have gone for over $30. He must have / have had a whole box of them.

The current auction is offering two for the price of one so maybe he is near the end of his stock.

That Seller listing one for US$95. All I can say is  8O  8O  8O . He's hoping to tap into the idiot Buyer market with that listing. I suspect these wallets are quite common as they come up all the time.

Heh, your post caused me to check out the seller you have listed further.  Seems the last one that he sold went for just over $21.00 US.  Amazingly enough, check out who won it:

Well look at that, coincidentally its the exact same guy who now has one listed for $95 from my above post. :roll:

Sage Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 6:31 am 

bclarkie wrote:Well look at that, coincidentally its the exact same guy who now has one listed for $95 from my above post.

hey, cmon brian... dont be poisonous... it is a pure coiiiiiiincidence...

I am the servant of the Secret Maps, Wielder of the flame of Clone!
You cannot quote! The dark spam will not avail you, flame of Udun.
Go back to the Shadow! You... cannot... post!!!

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 12:54 pm 

A quick warning to any TSR kitsch collectors out there: sealed or not, those wallets usually do not stand the test of time.

I bought one two or three summers ago, totally sealed up (and from a reputable seller) and ended up with a completely oxidized, useless piece of plastic. It wasn't even good for a laugh, so I just tossed it.

I've confirmed this with some other wallet purchasers over the years: "sealed" means nothing for these auctions. Air consistently seeps into the packaging, apparently, rusting all of the metal parts and heavily staining the plastic.