Ebay selling question
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 12:56 pm 

I have to say I am surprised that..

I think the guidelines on eBay are pretty broad. So if you're a lawyer, who's time is incredibly precious, you could probably charge a ridiculous amount for screwing around at the post office all day. Keep in mind, though, that high fees are sometimes frowned upon. Just be reasonable.

If you state that handling will be more than a couple bucks, just make sure that this is boldly outlined in your listing so even the most unconscientious buyer will know they are responsible for added cost and factor it into the price.

.. generated 8 pages of discussion and analysis (!), most having little of my own input. And virtually all of this stems from my assertion that the value of time is different for everyone, and that eBay fees don't explicitly forbid incorporating some of this into handling [which I think is what we've sort of conceded is a toss up].

I could be mistaken, but I think a lot of regulars here enjoy attacking other people even though they profess talking about D&D collecting.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 1:34 pm 

Sea-to-sky-games wrote:I could be mistaken, but I think a lot of regulars here enjoy attacking other people even though they profess talking about D&D collecting.

with all due respect though StS, you didnt need to post this reply either.

things could quite easily just be left alone and let the air clear a little?

this kind of reply, you KNOW, is going to provoke a retaliatory response, so why not just leave it and concentrate your efforts on other areas of the forum, where it would be better served?

and i AM trying to be constructive here, not argumentative, so i hope you see that.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 1:40 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:
with all due respect though StS, you didnt need to post this reply either.

things could quite easily just be left alone and let the air clear a little?

this kind of reply, you KNOW, is going to provoke a retaliatory response, so why not just leave it and concentrate your efforts on other areas of the forum, where it would be better served?

and i AM trying to be constructive here, not argumentative, so i hope you see that.

Al

Al, Why do we not just ignore him, especially considering this is another baiting post.  He has absolutely nothing to offer this forum, nothing.  He's been here over 4 months now and has yet to post anything other than the same old shit.

Lets just hope that he either finally decides that its no fun here anymore or Foul does decide to BAN him for his continuous disruptive behavior. If he is not a forum TROLL, then there is no such thing.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 3:40 pm 

well i was trying to be constructive.

you have to make the effort. if it doesnt get taken notice of, then i agree with you 100% simple as.

maybe i am just too nice to ppl. i like to try and give the benefit of the doubt. prb a great failing of mine.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Prolific Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 2:58 am 

bclarkie wrote:Here I go being cynical again.

Does anyone around here actually want to talk about D&D collecting?

If not maybe I am in the wrong forum.

I just won my first copy of Jade Hare. Weeeeee!

Previous