Ebay selling question
Author

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:55 pm 

Good stuff :)

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:59 pm 

I just bought that game and 4 expansions last month.  I thought I would give it a try since it looked like a card game like Hacker.  Haven't had a chance to play yet though - hope I don't disappear.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 10:06 pm 

It's a fun game. Played a lot in college.
No real hope of playing it again soon :)

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 10:58 pm 

Mkman wrote: ...After being kicked out of the inner circle (an exclusive private forum on this board)...

This is where the secret forum was "outed"...

viewtopic.php?p=5302&highlight=#5302

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 11:58 pm 

viewtopic.php?t=152&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=61

Is that also the thread with the earliest troll alert?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 1:45 am 

Deadlord39 wrote:Hmmmmmm................... maybe not just a rumor? I have heard this as well.
Anyone know the criteria for membership?

As if I would tell.

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 10:22 am 

I propose we create a new secret inner circle.  Except this time, let's make it more of an oval.

Let mirth prevail!

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 10:39 am 

The first rule of Secret Inner Circle is that no one talks about Secret Inner Circle.

Or was that the Valuation Board?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 2:07 pm 

Deadlord39 wrote:

Why doesn't this surprise me......
Unless you're intending to sue your package, it doesn't matter if you're a lawyer, cop, hot dog vendor or George Fucking Bush. You're not performing your profession when you ship, and if you want to argue that you're taking time out of your profession when you do, try pushing that one in any legal forum. You'll get laughed out of town. By the way, what is your seller name? I need to block you so I don't accidentally bid on anything you own and get charged a $5 handleme fee.
Ignore STD. He's a forum troll.

I agree. I mean, a high-school can send a package as well as a lawyer, and if a lawyer's off-time is so valuable, then he or she should be doing something more profitable than selling D&D stuff on Ebay.

"We were put on this Earth to fart around."
                            - Kurt Vonnegut

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 2:23 pm 

I see you've gotten the discussion back on track.  Thanks to all of you (and there have been many) who have been kind enough to welcome me here and explain some of the interpersonal dynamics.  

I've come to the conclusion that a certain individual and his semi-literate sycophants on this forum have no interest in any sort of intelligent discussion, and are just too unpleasant to be around.  So, I'll be leaving you now.  I'm sure this will make bclarkie happy; BTW, Brian, it's "asinine", not "assanine", get a flippin' dictionary.  No need for you to say how pleased you are, as I won't be reading.

I apologize to the rest of you nice folks for having to read this.  Most of you seem like genuinely good people; I'm astounded that you've allowed bclarkie to rise to such a position of prominence.  If I had to guess I'd say I'm only one of many who have been driven away but this childishness.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 2:33 pm 

Radovarl wrote: BTW, Brian, it's "asinine", not "assanine", get a flippin' dictionary.

Is that the best you've got? A single misspelled word? Wow, I guess that I must be a semi-literate sycophant. :lol:

Radovarl wrote:I apologize to the rest of you nice folks for having to read this.  Most of you seem like genuinely good people; I'm astounded that you've allowed bclarkie to rise to such a position of prominence.  If I had to guess I'd say I'm only one of many who have been driven away but this childishness.

Are you sure that you don't want to create like a whole new thread to announce your leaving?  I mean that is what is typical of those who cry, say they are leaving a forum and that they are taking their ball with home, dammit!!  

My heart really is bleeding for you right now David(since we seem to be on a first name basis now  8) ).  Like I said earlier though, please make sure that the door does not hit you squarely in the ass on the way out, we don't need any frivolous lawsuits around here, we have enough problems trying to handle the children, although one less is sure to make things a little better around here. :D

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 3:10 pm 

[quote="Radovarl"]I'm astounded that you've allowed bclarkie to rise to such a position of prominence.quote]

He has?

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 3:53 pm 

Deadlord39 wrote:
Radovarl wrote:I'm astounded that you've allowed bclarkie to rise to such a position of prominence.

He has?

You'll always be the #1 transient here in my book Frank!

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 4:09 pm 

Mars wrote:

Its all part of the "victim" act. In order to effectively play the "victim" one has to show that he/she has been oppressed &/or treated badly by a person in authority.  Thus, by trying to elevate me above the others here, I become the "person of authority"(sometimes referred to as "The Big Meanie") that is now "forcing" him to move on elsewhere.  

This is actually quite common amongst message boards(it used to be like a monthly occurance over at DF), as those people who aren't getting their own way(in this circumstance the sympathy of the rest of the board) need some way of trying to save face.  So now with me being dubbed the "person of authority" in place, he can now sacrifice himself(yet again!) to the will of the authority figure he has now created.   I am actually really surprised that he made a post in an already created thread to announce his "leaving forever and ever".  These types usually start a whole new thread so as to create maximum exposure to their leaving, thus my earlier statement.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 6:20 pm 

Just because I wear a thong bikini on Saturday nights doesn't mean I'm a bad guy.

Oh, trans-IENT! Well, I've been here a long time, and while I am not a DeValuation board member, I do try to help out individuals whenever I can with questions about rarity, value and whatnot.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 6:31 pm 

Mars wrote:
Deadlord39 wrote:
Radovarl wrote:  
I'm astounded that you've allowed bclarkie to rise to such a position of prominence.

He has?

bclarkie is head of SIC 'EM (Secret Inner Circle for Ebay Monitoring).

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 6:39 pm 

Radovarl wrote: I'm astounded that you've allowed bclarkie to rise to such a position of prominence.

We let Brian get there because then everyone is mean to him and not to us!

I would say that while I don't agree with everything BC says, which is as it shoud be, but  this forum needs him far more than it needs another petulant prat.

I try to be fair and reasonable, give everyone a chance, but some people really make it difficult.

Aside, thinking about Radovarls departure rant - 'help, help I'm being repressed' - name that film

You can never have too much of something you didn't need in the first place.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 7:53 pm 

"Dennis, there's some lovely filth over here."

"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."
--H.L. Mencken

PreviousNext