A QUESTION ABOUT D&D MINIATURES
Author

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Oct 24, 2003 7:13 am 

I was wondering about how many set of Dungeons & Dragons (i.e. not Advanced Dungeons & Dragons) were produced in the past. So far I know about

Citadel Adventurers

Citadel Monsters

TSR's D&D Basic Figure Set

Citadel Green Dragon

Citadel Blue Dragon

Citadel Red Dragon

Are there any others? Where could I get more info? I have already checked the Stuff of Legends but...

Prolific Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Oct 25, 2003 3:41 am 

I believe there were also the D&D Expert Figure Set (TSR 5310) and the D&D Companion Figure Set (TSR 5309); but Stuff of Legends lists 5309 as "Champion Figure Set," so it might be a separate item.

If Citadel produced the line of evil dragons, there might also be a Black and a White as well, but I've never seen them.

Disclaimer:  Please keep in mind my knowledge of minis is a lot more tenuous than for print items.  I don't have the space to collect them all any more.

:oops:

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Oct 25, 2003 5:55 am 

darkseraphim wrote:I believe there were also the D&D Expert Figure Set (TSR 5310) and the D&D Companion Figure Set (TSR 5309); but Stuff of Legends lists 5309 as "Champion Figure Set," so it might be a separate item.

If Citadel produced the line of evil dragons, there might also be a Black and a White as well, but I've never seen them.

Disclaimer:  Please keep in mind my knowledge of minis is a lot more tenuous than for print items.  I don't have the space to collect them all any more.

:oops:

I remember seeing ads for the Green Dragon and the Blue Dragon and I discovered the Red Dragon on EBay UK (but without box...). About the existence of Expert and Companion figure sets... GASP  8O !!! It seems I have much more searching to do... :(

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:52 am 

Alexander1968 wrote:

I remember seeing ads for the Green Dragon and the Blue Dragon and I discovered the Red Dragon on EBay UK (but without box...). About the existence of Expert and Companion figure sets... GASP  8O !!! It seems I have much more searching to do... :(

Ok, I know this is a big time 7-year bump from 2003 ( 8O ) but did you ever come across those two minis boxsets TSR 5309 Champion/Companion or 5310 Expert sets? I was curious where they were originally listed too (hopefully a catalog with a picture?)

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:19 pm 

Is a 7-year bump anything like the 7-year itch?  8O

I've never seen 5309 or 5310, and none of the major lead sites such as Lost Minis Wiki or Stuff of Legends have it cataloged. The TSR checklist over at DnDlead.com claims they were not produced:

http://www.dndlead.com/Checklists/TSR-Checklist.pdf

I don't know where Ernst gets his info, but he's a pretty reliable resource, so it might be safe to assume they were indeed never produced.

Anyone else know anything about these? Perhaps prototypes were produced but never manufactured? Any box or art mock-ups? Or maybe they exist only as a product number and that's as far as they got...

"We dwarves are natural sprinters. Very dangerous over short distances!"
My lead-centric blog: http://theleaddragon.blogspot.com/
Also known as soccer_dad66 on eBay.