New Ebay detailed Seller ratings? Thoughts?
Author

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 2:54 am 

I see Ebay has recently introduced a new system of detailed Seller ratings. Any thoughts on this? Has anyone got ten feedback ratings yet?

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 2:51 pm 

It's not a feature here in the U.S. yet, so it's hard to have a really strong opinion. Here's my initial take, though:

Pros: Anything is an improvement on the basic +1 / 0 / -1 system ... It also has the potential to bite thieves such as CougDick right on their asses, as an honest assessment of categories such as "item as described" and "shipping charges" can only hurt them.

Cons: The system seems needlessly complicated ... Many buyers will, I suspect, ignore all of the optional categories ... "Feedback 2.0" is just about the stupidest name ever.

That's all just off the top of my head. Also, did you see where feedback will now be archived after 24 months?

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 8:38 pm 

Xaxaxe wrote:... "Feedback 2.0" is just about the stupidest name ever.

I'm particularly impressed by the genius that is.... Dungeons & Dragons 3.5

(I think sellers like the Coug won't like it - Let's face it - He'll be getting lots of positives still, but with the sidenote showing his continuing issues with things like packaging charges.)

You can never have too much of something you didn't need in the first place.

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 7:46 pm 

The new feedback system being trialled in Australia at least, has added four questions:

1. How accurate was the item description?
2. How satisfied were you with the Seller's communication?
3. How quickly did the Seller post the item?
4. How reasonable were the postage and handling charges?

For each question there are five possible responses ranging from Very Good, Good, Neutral, Not Good, Really Bad

You need to get five people to fill out the questions before it shows up on your record.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:43 pm 

It sounds good for buyers who just buy something here and there.  If you are a buyer that buys lots of things it sounds like a nightmare.