TurboLister II: I am not impressed so far
Author

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 10:41 pm 

Just uploaded my first auction set using TurboLister II and I am not too happy.

First off, when I went to upload all 28 items got kicked back because it said I had an invalid zip code. I had to go back and deactivate all my international shipping options.

I still can't figure out how to fix that.

Now, my stuff is on ebay, except I can't get most of the items to show up. And two things already sold via BIN. Just damn strange.

And I could've bought these damn modules off the 1$ rack!!!

New modules for your Old School game http://pacesettergames.com/

Everything Pacesetter at http://pacesettergames.blog.com/

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 11:01 pm 

I was just going to ask what do you use to prepare a bunch of auctions and list them with?  I am thinking I might give seller a try :)

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 11:05 pm 

I have been using Turbolister for years now and it always worked great. I like being able to create my database of items so when I sell I can just pull up an item and make a couple of changes (printing#, condition, price, etc).

It really is an excellent tool.

Just seems to be a glitch with the new version.

And I could've bought these damn modules off the 1$ rack!!!

New modules for your Old School game http://pacesettergames.com/

Everything Pacesetter at http://pacesettergames.blog.com/

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 2:58 pm 

I've used third-party software for years — and that goes for everything regarding eBay, not just listing items. My entire interaction with eBay itself is pretty much just my My eBay page.

As far as TurboLister goes ... well, it's hard to have an opinion when it's never had a Mac version. Overall, in fact, eBay has never been what I would term a "Mac friendly" place. :?

A few years ago, I did use it for a few weeks when I was desperate enough to upload some listings from my PC workstation. It seemed to work fine ... but was still far inferior to many third-party options available. Unless TurboLister II also washes your car for you, I can't believe that has changed very much.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 4:04 pm 

Xaxaxe wrote:I've used third-party software for years — and that goes for everything regarding eBay, not just listing items. My entire interaction with eBay itself is pretty much just my My eBay page.

As far as TurboLister goes ... well, it's hard to have an opinion when it's never had a Mac version. Overall, in fact, eBay has never been what I would term a "Mac friendly" place. :?

A few years ago, I did use it for a few weeks when I was desperate enough to upload some listings from my PC workstation. It seemed to work fine ... but was still far inferior to many third-party options available. Unless TurboLister II also washes your car for you, I can't believe that has changed very much.

Ohhhhhhh...another MAC user.... :D

What software package do you use for your eBay auctions  :?:

A Wizard is never late, Frodo Baggins, nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 4:58 pm 

IttyBitty wrote:
Ohhhhhhh...another MAC user.... :D

What software package do you use for your eBay auctions  :?:

To create listings, I use GarageSale. It's frequently updated by the company and gets better with every release:

http://www.iwascoding.com/GarageSale/

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 1:27 am 

Xaxaxe wrote:To create listings, I use GarageSale. It's frequently updated by the company and gets better with every release:

http://www.iwascoding.com/GarageSale/

Thanks!  :D

A Wizard is never late, Frodo Baggins, nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:38 pm 

I never liked Turbo Listed to begin with.  I found a listing tool called kauction.  The thing I liked about it was you pay a flat fee up front.  No monthly or usage fees.  You can list with up to 6 photos for sure and you can supersize them.  No ebay fees for that but you do need webspace for your photo files.  All in all it does a good job but there is a lot of it I have never figured out.

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 12:50 am 

OK. So I just downloaded TurboLister. Then spent about an hour, preparing my first template description, which I would use for all my auctions. I saved it and it appeared in the inventory.

I had to go out and came back, switched the program on and there is nothing there. I can't find it anywhere, so it seems it did not save it. I have never heard of a program that doesn't save your work when you switch it off. Is my work lost or is it hidden somewhere?

20 Minutes Later.....

Hmmm. It appears I had to register my username first and then when complete use the backup database function.

Not a very user friendly program. This information appears at the end of the help file - long after the bit on makaing a listing and 'saving'. Crud. I am sure though, I am not the first person to do that. Oh well, here we go again....