Optimism at its best!
Author

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Oct 23, 2003 11:53 am 

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... egory=2545

Now that's optimistic!   :o

Any takers?   :D

Dere Fritoad, Two badd yoo copped outt so sooon lazt nighgt. Mised som grooovy trps. Hoap th rring thinng wurcs out awrighgt. Peece, Timm  PS Hear ar som outt of sihgt stash I'm laying onn yoo guyz. Must sine off as rush iss cocomcoming ohgodohgod$#%*@!

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Oct 23, 2003 12:25 pm 

Or not...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... gory=44112

:?

Dere Fritoad, Two badd yoo copped outt so sooon lazt nighgt. Mised som grooovy trps. Hoap th rring thinng wurcs out awrighgt. Peece, Timm  PS Hear ar som outt of sihgt stash I'm laying onn yoo guyz. Must sine off as rush iss cocomcoming ohgodohgod$#%*@!

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Oct 23, 2003 12:31 pm 

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... gory=44112

Talk about optimism. The reserve on this is more than a mono S4 usually goes for.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Oct 23, 2003 12:38 pm 

Did you e-mail them to ask about the reserve?

What are they hoping to get for it?

Prolific Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu Oct 23, 2003 1:21 pm 

For my own auction - I have excellent customers that are very friendly,  and know what they want.  But prices fluctuate wildly, depending on how many people are after the same item at the same time.  Sometimes things undersell and I take a hit; other times, things perform better than expected.  I don't really care, as long as I'm able to keep my collection basically self-funded; to me, the important qualifiers for any transaction are that (1) The seller is happy, and (2) The buyer is happy.  I've never found those ideals to be mutually exclusive.

But for the other two auctions ...

They'd get a better reception if they started their bids low, and left off the reserve entirely.  If you demonstrate trust and respect to the potential buyers, they will respond in kind.

:)

I'm tempted to bid on that PotVQ, but it's simply the rareness-bug that's biting me.  I really don't have any use for it in my gaming, or my collection.  Always cool to see, though.