The Collector's Trove: Ernie Gygax Collection Discussion
Author

Prolific Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:04 pm 

nay triple or squidiple (techincal term form lots...or not)

An té nach mbíonn láidir ní folláir dó bheith glic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-ajduHx5hc

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 2:12 am 

Howdy All,

Ernie sends his thanks to all Acaeum members who bid! I just got off the phone with him (Ernie is a night owl) and he was very pleased. He hopes that whomever won the adventures and dungeons are DM's who will get a chance to run them!

Thanks from me too. I saw a lot of regulars as well as some new folks. Your continued support of The Collector's Trove auctions is appreciated.

For those interested, the total was just under $3,000 with the Dungeon Hobby Shop Dungeon as the highlight, selling for $1,230! Congratulations to all!

Futures Bright,

Paul

The Collector's Trove The online auction house that features the collections of game designers and artists.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 12:01 pm 

For those who missed the listings, could someone post the eBay links? My search only turns up a few character sheets, while I am more curious about the hobby shop dungeons and other adventure material.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 1:34 pm 

Howdy,

This might work:

HERE

Futures bright,

Paul

The Collector's Trove The online auction house that features the collections of game designers and artists.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:35 pm 

Thank you very much, Paul!  8)

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 7:43 pm 

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0089293339

I am surprised that this one did not sell for more.  I think that thefantasymuseum got a steal at $1200+.

Who is thefantasymuseum?  Is he a member here?  I think I knew, once, but cannot remember now.

Mark

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 8:41 pm 

FormCritic wrote:
** expired/removed eBay auction **

I am surprised that this one did not sell for more.  I think that thefantasymuseum got a steal at $1200+.

Who is thefantasymuseum?  Is he a member here?  I think I knew, once, but cannot remember now.

Mark

Thefantasymuseum used to be a member here, under the name TFM. He hasn't posted here though for some time, after a small contretemps over an ST1.

I also thought the Dungeon Hobby Shop dungeon would go for more - $1200 was a bargain.

I was very disappointed not to secure the Wham funny money; I thought my bid would be enough, but alas not.

Regards

Mike

Demand of them whither they should comme to devide the worlde with the Emperour? And as they answered, he tooke up his shirte behinde and shewed them his buttocks, sayenge unto them, drawe your Lyne throughe the middest of *this* place.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 8:44 pm 

I forgot to add - Congratulations Paul, on another well-run round of auctions.

Regards

Mike

Demand of them whither they should comme to devide the worlde with the Emperour? And as they answered, he tooke up his shirte behinde and shewed them his buttocks, sayenge unto them, drawe your Lyne throughe the middest of *this* place.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 8:59 pm 

Yes, another good auction. I'm a little bummed out my piddly bid fell short, but congrats to the winners!

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 11:57 pm 

:idea:

You know, the whole time tfm was here, I never once realized that "tfm" stood for "thefantasymuseum".  8O

It also took me a long while to figure out "gyg" is "gotyourgames".  :wink:

Have I really been a member since 2003?

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 12:12 am 

I know what you mean - I don't even try to remember any more :D

You can never have too much of something you didn't need in the first place.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 11:57 am 

Howdy Mike,

mdr003 wrote:I forgot to add - Congratulations Paul, on another well-run round of auctions.

Thanks for that. It was really a pleasure working with Ernie. He is just as down to earth as his dad.

The best part of all this is that I get to see all of this stuff first hand and get to interview these folks with every auction. It is forming a tremendous historical document that would otherwise be lost.

I am hoping to have an auction history website for The Collector's Trove - a place where collectors and RPG players can go and see the images and descriptions of these great treasures.

BTW nice avatar, if you ever decide to part with that let me know. :)

Futures Bright,

Paul

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 12:13 pm 

Howdy Mike,

mdr003 wrote:I also thought the Dungeon Hobby Shop dungeon would go for more - $1200 was a bargain.

Actually, I think the price for the DHSD was in line with similar items I have auctioned and actually did somewhat better. I think it really affects the price when the dungeon is not associated with a published product. That tie-in really needs to be there to send the bidding sky-high. The shared-experience is the thing. Also, not everybody collects unique things.

mdr003 wrote:I was very disappointed not to secure the Wham funny money; I thought my bid would be enough, but alas not.

Yes, that was a very nice item, especially being signed by Mary and Gary. Don't think you'll find another like it.

Well, I have to get back to saying goodbye to yet another trove of wonderful items. :cry: I'm going to miss them but it was nice to have known them.

Futures Bright,

Paul

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 12:17 pm 

Howdy,

brute wrote:Yes, another good auction. I'm a little bummed out my piddly bid fell short, but congrats to the winners!

Thanks. I appreciate the good words.

A bid that falls short here will give you more to bid on the next treasure around the bend!

Speaking of which, I have a surprise auction coming up on April 1st, before the Kevin Hendryx auction in late April/early May. So I better get crackin'!

Futures Bright,

Paul

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 12:44 pm 

zhowar wrote::idea:

You know, the whole time tfm was here, I never once realized that "tfm" stood for "thefantasymuseum".  8O

It also took me a long while to figure out "gyg" is "gotyourgames".  :wink:

Have I really been a member since 2003?

I really think an Acaeum-to-eBay translation table is in order.

YIM  

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 1:27 pm 

Okay . . . I confess, my ebay username is beyondthebreach . . .

who's next?  :D

"Gleemonex makes it feel like it's seventy-two degrees in your head... all... the... time! "

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 9:03 pm 

The Collector's Trove wrote:Speaking of which, I have a surprise auction coming up on April 1st, before the Kevin Hendryx auction in late April/early May. So I better get crackin'!

Any hints? :D

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 10:02 pm 

The Collector's Trove wrote:
around the bend!

Speaking of which, I have a surprise auction coming up on April 1st,
Paul

OOO - April fools day auction - be careful now!!!
(Anyone remember that joke auction for 'shrinkwrap' allegedly from H1 that cougar was all over - I think it was someone here (though my memory is notoriously poor!)

You can never have too much of something you didn't need in the first place.

PreviousNext