An Acaeum auction site?
Poll: If The Acaeum were to add an eBay-style RPG auction site, would you use it?

I'd definitely use it 52%       52%  [ 33 ]
I'd use it only if the fees were a fraction of eBay's 22%       22%  [ 14 ]
I'd use it only if it were free 5%       5%  [ 3 ]
I wouldn't use it unless the viewership matched eBay's RPG category 13%       13%  [ 8 ]
I love eBay; I wouldn't use it regardless 9%       9%  [ 6 ]
Total votes : 64

Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 6:33 pm 

This is a very telling point.  How would you police it?

I think the implicit assumption is that this won't be a problem. I'm not sure that it will be, but it could be a time bomb waiting to go off. I mean you could have cougarbashing-like threads everywhere... this is particularly true if the site becomes successful enough that hundreds or thousands more members sign up.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 5:44 pm 

well you know wwhat they say about "assume"

it makes and "ass" of "u" and "me"

Gary H. Kramer

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 3:55 pm 

Sea-to-sky-games wrote:
Man, here I thought eBay was successful because they give buyers and sellers the best medium (in terms of interface, fees, and ease of use) to orchestrate mutually beneficial exchange.

That's why I stated it was "one of the reasons", not the reason, or the largest reason.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:31 pm 

I'm sure all my points have been addressed thusfar but I would certainly use the Acaeum in a storefront capacity.  Nor would I object to paying a reasonable fee for the service.  I wouldn't be very excited about doing an auction format.  Some possible advantages to an Acaeum store:

1.  Standardized grading
2.  Shipping & Handling standards
3.  Return policy standards

I'm not sure how much the administrator(s) of the site wants to be involved in setting policies or if the policies should be relaxed or strict.  But certainly I think these things should be debated.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 12:26 am 

I know I've just signed up for the forums, but if you want to buy that auction software and TRY the Acaeum auction thing, I'll be the first to pony up $10 towards your software purchase. Any other users willing to chip in?

Have you got a PayPal address? Let me know if more people are willing to contribute!

Original 28mm fantasy gaming miniatures at http://www.centerstageminis.com

Previous