Women players & Women DM's
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 2:11 pm 

I'm DMing a 3.x game (Midnight) nowadays, and 2 of my 4 players are female.  Not sure what the debate is exactly, but I find them to be more or less the same as male gamers in their attitudes, playing style, etc.  Not sure whether the "geek factor" overrides gender differences, or what.  I always thought I'd be uncomfortable running a game with women involved, I guess mostly because I was afraid I'd offend them somehow, but so far it hasn't been an issue in any way.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 12:08 am 

There are three active female players (out of 10) in my ongoing campaign.  One of them is my wife.

They add an element of romance and interest to the game that three more dudes would not provide.

Mark   8)

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 10:12 am 

one of my recent gms had the best thing to say after a game we were playing. We'd just finished helping this woman give birth to a bunch of rats and a human baby who'd gestated in a matter of weeks (eww). It was all horrific and in the end we're left with a shell shocked woman doped up to the eyeballs and this baby that more than likely is the equivilant of jesus or something to this evil rat spirit. After the game the gm turned to me and said "damn i'm glad you gave birth before we got to this part of the plot" I just laughed.
My son had been born a few weeks earlier prematurely and the poor guy was sitting there freaking out that he'd upset me with this bit of the plot. lol.
But then, in the same game we also had "it's hard to think of your character as male when he's played by a woman whos nearly 8 months pregnant!"
hehehehe

"Somehow, in hell I knew there would be mushrooms"

Previous