TSR DND MODS -FROM TSR OFFICES IN LAKE GENEVA WI FAC. SEALED
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 5 of 51, 2, 3, 4, 5
Author

User avatar

Prolific Collector

Posts: 772
Joined: Feb 21, 2003
Last Visit: Jun 22, 2018
Location: Spokane, WA

Post Posted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:32 pm 
 

Damn trolls....hic  :!:


"Ah, you seek meaning? Then listen to the music, not the song."

"I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

  


Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 2884
Joined: Nov 04, 2004
Last Visit: May 09, 2020

Post Posted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:49 pm 
 

Beyondthebreach wrote:8O   Speaking of the Inner Circle!  I'm in Imminent danger of being ousted from the Ring of Twelve Masters by Xaxaxe!

I knew it! I knew the 12 of you were up to something in your little clubhouse there.  :)

 WWW  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6720
Joined: Jul 16, 2005
Last Visit: Sep 30, 2022

Post Posted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:33 pm 
 

Boreas wrote:As I mentioned when I recently posted with my first full interaction with the group, I have lurked for a long time but posted rarely.  Having read posts for years, I do think there is an unnecessary abrasive overtone to some of the postings that make it intimidating to interact here.  There also appears to be a gang mentality approach toward a few posters whereby their posts are routinely pummeled despite there being some value (to me at least) in them.  Having said that, if you can make your way past a zealous vocal minority, inside the 'inner sanctum' the nonvocal majority have been extremely cordial, helpful and encouraging.  Unfortunately people may see the 'front line' as the 'bottom line'.

With the recent purchase of these old war games, I recently joined a couple war game collecting groups and have been reading old posts one after the other in order to better understand that hobby from the collecting standpoint.  I can report to you that neither of these extremely active boards exhibit this initiation process.  To the contrary the moderators and users alike have welcomed my rediculous and silly questions (to them), allowing me to assume a certain level of confidence when I post.  Flame the comparison if you wish, but the difference is real.

I will stick my neck out further and say that the OP here may be all that you claim him to be (a troll, a false advertiser, a person for which English is both his first and second language), but so far no one knows for sure.  I would argue that the end does not justify the means.

Andy


I think you raise good points, Boreas.


"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 5685
Joined: Jun 30, 2003
Last Visit: Nov 26, 2022
Location: New Hampsha

Post Posted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 3:11 pm 
 

The seller has e-mailed me 5 times in response to my single question about proving the authenticity. The latest bullshit:

I have these display samples in my possession because I managed this company for several years and personally knew/know the management of TSR.

I am currenty looking for any TSR Invoice or letterhed I may have in my possession to send along also
, I am in the process of moving and this the reason I am selling this stuff. I will see if I can locate an actual invoice, right now I have everything boxed.  




Should be easy enough for one of you sleuths to prove/disprove.


If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

 WWW  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6720
Joined: Jul 16, 2005
Last Visit: Sep 30, 2022

Post Posted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 3:16 pm 
 

Deadlord39 wrote:The seller has e-mailed me 5 times in response to my single question about proving the authenticity. The latest bullshit:

I have these display samples in my possession because I managed this company for several years and personally knew/know the management of TSR.

I am currenty looking for any TSR Invoice or letterhed I may have in my possession to send along also
, I am in the process of moving and this the reason I am selling this stuff. I will see if I can locate an actual invoice, right now I have everything boxed.  




Should be easy enough for one of you sleuths to prove/disprove.


OK.  Five responses.  Any reasons in them to think he isn't telling the truth?

Mark   8)


"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

  


Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6455
Joined: Dec 13, 2004
Last Visit: Sep 10, 2022

Post Posted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 3:38 pm 
 

FormCritic wrote:
OK.  Five responses.  Any reasons in them to think he isn't telling the truth?

Mark   8)


Do you mean aside from the fact that his is "claiming" to be the VP of a company and has some significant grammatical and spelling issues?  I mean everyone makes typos and spelling mistakes, but the amount that are present in this guys listing/posting are more than one would expect from someone who is a VP of a company. Despite that fact though, even if this guy is 100% honest, I am still reaching for any reason why anyone would find these items more interesting that something that was purchased in a store. To be honest, I would find items that were actually sold in the old TSR Dungeon hobby shop,with a sales reciept to be far more interesting than comp items given out and I wouldn't even find that to be all that much more interesting. :?


"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

  

User avatar

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Posts: 4534
Joined: Nov 08, 2002
Last Visit: Nov 25, 2022
Location: Land of 10,000 ponds

Post Posted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 3:41 pm 
 

Xaxaxe wrote:I knew it! I knew the 12 of you were up to something in your little clubhouse there.  :)


What, being the 13th 'warrior' isn't good enough. Heck I'm all for the Big Ten, but can't even make it amongst them. Stop posting bombadil! :D

ShaneG.


I reject your reality and substitute my own

 WWW  


Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 2884
Joined: Nov 04, 2004
Last Visit: May 09, 2020

Post Posted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 3:52 pm 
 

Plaag wrote:What, being the 13th 'warrior' isn't good enough. Heck I'm all for the Big Ten, but can't even make it amongst them. Stop posting bombadil! :D

Ahhhh ... "13th Warrior." I like it! *

Okay, no need to implement Operation: Draco and post a bunch of "LOL" entries ... I'll just stay at 13. :)

+++++

* Loved the movie, too.

 WWW  


Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 3066
Joined: Jul 09, 2004
Last Visit: Apr 30, 2015

Post Posted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 7:51 pm 
 

bclarkie wrote:Do you mean aside from the fact that his is "claiming" to be the VP of a company and has some significant grammatical and spelling issues?  I mean everyone makes typos and spelling mistakes, but the amount that are present in this guys listing/posting are more than one would expect from someone who is a VP of a company.

Ever seen Gygax post?  Tons of typos.  (Great vocabulary, mind you.)

Despite that fact though, even if this guy is 100% honest, I am still reaching for any reason why anyone would find these items more interesting that something that was purchased in a store. To be honest, I would find items that were actually sold in the old TSR Dungeon hobby shop,with a sales reciept to be far more interesting than comp items given out and I wouldn't even find that to be all that much more interesting. :?

Yup.  Shouldn't affect the value.  They're common items;  condition is only draw.

 YIM  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 8241
Joined: Jan 21, 2005
Last Visit: Mar 05, 2022
Location: Wallasey, Merseyside, UK

Post Posted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 7:34 am 
 

deimos3428 wrote:Good idea.  I'm off to the pub!  Now pipe down, you post count whore. :D

(Regarding the advanced arena rules, I'll be posting them on DF soon.  Included are several new beasts and weapons for wannabes to try out. :P )


Deim: cool man, will go n check em out when youre sorted - let me have a link when youre ready and i will come back to kick your butt again :D

post count whore eh.... nah i just have too much time on my hands.

first post? jeez i dread to think...

Al


Are we nearly there yet?

  
Previous
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 5 of 51, 2, 3, 4, 5