TSR DND MODS -FROM TSR OFFICES IN LAKE GENEVA WI FAC. SEALED
Author

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:19 pm 

Xaxaxe wrote:You suck, Mark. And so does Judges Guild. And so does ... ummm ... other stuff that you like!

well anyone with their name starting with X totally sucks  :twisted:

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:25 pm 

Sea-to-sky-games wrote:
Maybe.. but coming from the TSR office probably isn't going to affect the value to many people, particularly when it hasn't been verified. Harmless.

the PotVQ thread was fine StS. at first it wasnt to sell specifically. he was trying to appriase it and get some advice and he put up some pics. thats something that a lot of researchers/collectors would take note of and put in their .02c on. only at the end did he put it on ebay, but by that time, everyone was aware of it.

in comparison, anyone who knows D&D, knows how rare PotVQ is, in whatever print and will always gun for it, whereas the other lot in question, well ummmm, lets face it, we could all pick holes in it from a few thousand miles away.

two defo diff issues. the guy just leaped in here and offered a link. THAT could go in classifieds, whereas PotVQ needed some discussion to just sort out the details.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:33 pm 

Sea-to-sky-games wrote:

Maybe.. but coming from the TSR office probably isn't going to affect the value to many people, particularly when it hasn't been verified. Harmless.

It is a clear and blatant attempt to increase the value.  Whether or not it is effective or not is debateable, the intent however is not.

Sea-to-sky-games wrote:The thread about Cougarrinard is even worse. So the guy is the worst dealer on the face of the planet (according to many here, at least). Post a sticky and get on with life. I don't think anyone else has learned more in in the dozen or more pages about him. I'm sure everyone here wants to be treated that way behind their back. No one deserves that kind of treatment..

We say this behind his back and he is unaware of us???  Aside from the fact that he is free to come here and post(in other words Foul has not banned him), you might once again want to go ahead and get your facts straight before posting:

http://cgi3.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?V ... ugarrinard

Cougarrinard wrote:FINALLY, right at the bottom where they belong .... If the idiots who watch me so closely from a very minor web site bothered to do any research instead of justing thinking they knew it all they would know they have been wrong continually and not just about this, never mind, jealousy is a terrible thing. I do pity & forgive them all. Lets see if they laugh out loud now? If some people spent less time watching my business and actually doing their own they may have more reasonable ratings. Its great to know I have sold more items (NOTE THATS ITEMS NOT RATINGS ~perhaps get someone to read that part to you if you belong to that web site as you clearly cannot read it yourself?) on ebay than all their combined pitiful entire web site members jealous efforts. (note I do not include Guido as part of your web site ~ & still dont) You are all gutless wonders. I would not mind so much if I had actually had any dealings with them? But its all third party gossip, and wrong. Glad to answer any questions if they can face their being wrong, which I doubt? I WANT TO THANK THEM FOR DRIVING PEOPLE TO MY SALES, Of course I have the laregst sales of D&D in UK, anyone can see that. Not everyone is educated beyond their intelligence. AND SAY SORRY FOR NOT ADVERTISING THEIRS AND WILL STOP TELLING THE TRUTH ABOUT THEM WHEN THEY STOP TELLING LIES ABOUT ME. LOL. At present I have no time or need to join your pathetic & SMALL site. thanks for invite but I dont have to justify anything to you losers. check our sales ~ maybe try more work less bitching, and you'll do better. I may not ever visit again, so that will annouy you more I think? one less viewer? down to 15 now LOL. PS AND THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH, YOUR NOT CLEVER ENOUGH TO WORK IT OUT, ALL 15 OF YOU ON THE LITTLE SITE, KEEP TRYING LOL.

On top of the fact it is blatantly obvious that he is extremely aware of us and has even gone to the extent of mentioning us in his about ME page(No he isn't mentioning anyone else) have you even bother to read some of the stuff that he writes in his feedback about his buyers before?

http://toolhaus.org/cgi-bin/negs?User=c ... N&ref=home

Such gems like:

"BEWARE ALSO TRIES TO CON AT CONVENTIONS, WATCH OUT FOR WARN OTHERS WORSE TRADER"

"YET ANOTHER NON INSURER WHO EXPECTS SELLERS TO TAKE ALL BLAME FOR PO LOSS, WIPE"

"JEALOUS LOW RATED USER, TRYING (FAILING) TO EFFECT MY RATING HIS LOWEST NRU SOON"

"HIDES LIES PRIVATE FB, DO NOT TRUST, DONT PAY FOR INS. & EXPECTS INS? STRIKE 1?"

Yeah he is really a swell guy who is a innocent and we all just attack him here for no reason what-so-ever.

Once again, if it sucks so bad here then why do you keep coming back?  :?

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Last edited by bclarkie on Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:37 pm 

Am I just being really thick here, but wouldn't it make more sense to have office copies that have been opened?

(I know I have a couple of ones that are marked office copies & have an editors name written on the cover or the inside).

Mount Celestia doesn't want me and Baator's afraid I'll take over.

Ninty-eight Blue and Green Slaad at the door, Ninty-eight Blue and Green Slaad, Take one down, they gate in two more, Ninty-nine Blue and Green Slaad at the door...

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:38 pm 

I was just going to say all that bclarkie said but he beat me to it.  Cougarrinard DOES deserve everything that is said about him.  He is a cheating, selfish, petty man.  As it pertains to selling D&D on Ebay he might as well be the Antichrist.

Now he may be a saint on an everyday personal basis but I doubt it.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:54 pm 

Winterwords wrote:Am I just being really thick here, but wouldn't it make more sense to have office copies that have been opened?

(I know I have a couple of ones that are marked office copies & have an editors name written on the cover or the inside).

well i have a number of TSR library copies, and they are all stamped such.

surely they would have some form of mark or something to acknowledge what they are?

if not, well then they are just normal A.N.Other copies like what everyone else has really.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:09 pm 

Xaxaxe wrote:You suck, Mark. And so does Judges Guild. And so does ... ummm ... other stuff that you like!

8O

You take that back, you take that back right now! :wink:

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:12 pm 

Plaag wrote:
8O

You take that back, you take that back right now! :wink:

ShaneG.

judge guild sucks and so do you shane  :D

Are we nearly there yet?

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:12 pm 

:lol:

ShaneG.

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:16 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:
judge guild sucks and so do you shane  :D

*cough* okay its on!

You may being trying to kill joy, but attacking Judges Guild has gone to far!

You are nothing but a, um ....MUPPET!!!

Oh and Q1 Sucks, yeah I said it!!

:wink:

ShaneG.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:38 pm 

Plaag wrote:[ Image ]ShaneG.

Hey!

Damn you and your Photoshop skills!

And, no, for the record: Judges Guild does not suck.** I was merely poking at Mark with a sharp stick to try to provoke a reaction. Sadly, all I heard back was crickets.

+++++

** Well, the Storm Giant Castle thing does. It is the black hole of sucking, from which not even light can escape ...

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:40 pm 

Plaag wrote:
*cough* okay its on!

You may being trying to kill joy, but attacking Judges Guild has gone to far!

You are nothing but a, um ....MUPPET!!!

Oh and Q1 Sucks, yeah I said it!!

:wink:

ShaneG.

thats it! i will NOT have you slagging Q1 off you....you...you...american  :D

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 5:20 pm 

STD, as usual, takes the least common-sense avenue. To be expected. Maybe it's his auction...........

Let's review the facts, shall we?

1. The seller posted in the most-used area of the forum.
2. The seller is either a 15-year old or has the spelling acumen of one.
3. If these were the "TSR Office" copies, the only way he could have gotten them is to have worked there, or to have known someone who did. If he knew someone, he'd have mentioned who gave them to him.
4. All of those products were sold retail, not "promotional items"

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 5:39 pm 

I think you are also forgetting that if they really wanted to join the forum and enter into a discussion their first post wouldn't be to promote their auction.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 5:57 pm 

Winterwords wrote:Am I just being really thick here, but wouldn't it make more sense to have office copies that have been opened?

These were purportedly display copies that decorated the office.  

If that guy really was just a troll or a prankster he's having a good laugh now.   :x

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:17 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:
thats it! i will NOT have you slagging Q1 off you....you...you...american  :D

Oh its nationality wars now, okay..you welsh!* :D

You should have my address, I'll pay the plane ticket and we can settle this like real collectors, if that is really what you are. :wink:

ShaneG.

*Not sure why, but many Brits I talk to seem to delegate the Welsh as some 3rd class citizen of the UK.

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 8:26 pm 

Plaag wrote:
*Not sure why, but many Brits I talk to seem to delegate the Welsh as some 3rd class citizen of the UK.

4th  :wink:

Possibly something to do with a rural country with a lot of sheep, and a lot of farmers, with a lot of time on their hands...

baaaa!!!  8O

Let's go fly a kite
Up to the highest height!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 9:15 pm 

I just wanted to give my 2 cents worth on this subject: there does seem to be a number of people who apparently have some mediocre D&D items they are trying to get rid of but know nothing about it, and have done a google search and apparently come across this site and get all excited about it and post their auctions here with maybe some impelishment hoping to peak the interest of the few diehard collectors. I believe this because I have looked at the classified section at all the posts and mostly you never hear from these people again, they never particapate in any of the discussions or forums but only to use this site as an intermediatory Pimp to peddle and advertise their crap. Too bad they never stick around to actually read and maybe learn something so yes I can understand some of your members anger and disgust because I have felt it too.

PreviousNext