Expedition to the Ruins of Greyhawk!
Author

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:09 pm 

deimos3428 wrote:Hey, that tickles!  Great post, by the way.

i fell asleep after then 2nd paragraph  :P

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:10 pm 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_edition

:D

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:11 pm 

darkseraphim wrote:I belabor you all about the head with your own schismatic quibbles.

Save vs. Death Ray or take 1 hp of damage!

8)

Good to see you about DS.  :) Does this mean that you are getting back in the game?  

I should also mention that I have seen some bids popping up here and there recently as well. :wink:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Prolific Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:20 pm 

bclarkie wrote:
Good to see you about DS.  :) Does this mean that you are getting back in the game?  

I should also mention that I have seen some bids popping up here and there recently as well. :wink:

Hi :)

Well, I kicked WoW, NWN2, Castlevania, 7th Sea, Call of Cthulhu and art to the curb for awhile to make more room for writing, eBay, D&D and catching up on my reading pile.  I'm going through a back-to-basics phase again, which isn't necessarily a bad thing!

In doing so of course I realized that my poor D&D collection is down to about 20 items I bought as a kid, a ragged Fazzle and a few rarity 4s.  I'm looking to snag up a new pile of pastels and some Grenadiers to fill things out to playability again, so expect some mild lot competion.  Gotta finance the acquisitions "for free" or the wife will have my head.  :D

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:42 pm 

Please be advised: Warning: I dont mean any disrespect, but this whole topic has really got my blood boiling.

So where the fuck is Gary Gygax? Hes still alive right? Is he held up in some whelechair somewhere with senility? I mean this guy has a legion of admirerers, he could easily become a millionaire overnight if he started his own company and began to write again and hired a talented crew, and had the right buisness advisers. It just makes me sick to my stomach.... Im so disgusted I cant type anymore.. Burn in Hades Wizards of the Coast: you fucking hack Whores.

Prolific Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:09 pm 

Afrika Corps wrote:Please be advised: Warning: I dont mean any disrespect, but this whole topic has really got my blood boiling.

So where the fuck is Gary Gygax? Hes still alive right? Is he held up in some whelechair somewhere with senility? I mean this guy has a legion of admirerers, he could easily become a millionaire overnight if he started his own company and began to write again and hired a talented crew, and had the right buisness advisers. It just makes me sick to my stomach.... Im so disgusted I cant type anymore.. Burn in Hades Wizards of the Coast: you fucking hack Whores.

OK ............
retain eye contact
and back out of the room real sloooooow

An té nach mbíonn láidir ní folláir dó bheith glic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-ajduHx5hc

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:10 pm 

Afrika Corps wrote:So where the fuck is Gary Gygax? Hes still alive right? Is he held up in some whelechair somewhere with senility?

He posts fairly regularly on dragonsfoot and a few other boards.

"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."
--H.L. Mencken

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:29 pm 

I imagine he is not concerned about money, which, if true, makes him a great man. If he goes into business again, how is he different than WoTC? Besides, I have trouble idolizing individuals. I imagine he pukes, shits and farts like everyone else. Well, he might be farting dust due to old age, but you get the picture.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:06 pm 

Where is Gary?

It may surprise some of you, but effectively he's moved on.  While he still answers (A)D&D queries in his Q&A threads on Dragonsfoot, he is far more interested in discussing/developing/playing his newest game -- Lejendary Adventures.  After 30+ years of dealing with lunatics like us, who can blame him?  :D

He also mentioned in a recent reply to me that he's looking forward to retirement from writing entirely..

YIM  

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:24 pm 

deimos3428 wrote:He also mentioned in a recent reply to me that he's looking forward to retirement from writing entirely..

I will believe that when I see it. :wink:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:22 pm 

So I guess G. Gygax is too good to come on this board then?

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:38 pm 

Afrika Corps wrote:So I guess G. Gygax is too good to come on this board then?

With such wonderful things like this to read...why would he want to?  :?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:39 pm 

If you look at the number of posts he responds to on Dragonsfoot alone, not to mention whatever other boards he is on, you might understand he can't respond to every posting about him on every forum.  If you want to ask him something go to Dragonsfoot and ask unless Dragonsfoot isn't good enough for you to join.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:41 pm 

TBH, I am not even sure that he has ever been formally asked, but before acting like an ass you may want to understand what Gary does, especially considering he is soon to celebrate his 68th birthday.

I mean aside from the fact that a D&D collectors forum isn't really what he would have much interest in anyway, but I seriously doubt that he would have time to visit here, even if he really wanted to. He already has pretty much full time writing duties as he is still very much an active writer of his own Legendary Adventures RPG, as well as working quite diligently on his extremely large Castle Zagyg series that is being produced for Castles & Crusades. On top of that, there are at least 3 or 4 other fourms that he posts to on a daily basis.  The forums that I know for fact that he posts on regularly are Dragonfoot, ENWorld and the LA forums.  I also believe that he is also an occasional poster on the Troll Lord Games forums since they are the ones putting out the CZ stuff for C&C.  

Gary is actually so busy with his current workload and posting on other internet forums, that he hasn't even posted on Rob Kuntz's board(you know the same guy who was both a major contributor to D&D game at its very origins and is also one of Gary's very good friends) in almost 10 months now.  If Gary can't seem to find time to post there, there is really not a snowball's chance in hell he is coming here anytime soon and it really has absolutely nothing to do with being i too good for us.  Gary is actually a lot more accomidating to gamers(and people in general) both past and present than anyone has any right to expect and the fact that he takes time out of his extremely busy day already to answer questions and shoot the sh*t with his fans on several venues is more than exceptional.  TBH it really kind of pisses me off that you are acting like this, especially when you apparently don't know the facts.

Last edited by bclarkie on Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:43 pm 

I can't speak for him, but he doesn't strike me as a D&D collector, so why would he come here?  There are more appropriate places to connect with his fanbase.

If you would like to ask him a question in person, login to either the Dragonsfoot.org forums or the Lejendary.com forums and look for one of his Q&A threads.  He's online quite frequently.

He's really a very nice person, with a whole host of interests above and beyond D&D, like most of us.  :wink:

(Ok, you guys are obviously around...  Party in the DF chat!)

YIM  

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:50 pm 

[de-cloak]

Yeah, who wouldn't want to deal with excessive profanity and general rudeness? :?

Seriously, bro, do a little background research before you start spouting off.

[re-cloak]

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 1:16 am 

He has a Q&A thread on ENWorld that has been going on for years. He answered quite a few of my questions there within 24 hours of posting them. He is also terminally ill. I don't remember what he said he has, but he does not expect to live much longer. He has spoken about it on ENWorld several times, and says it makes him so tired he is only able to write for a couple hours a day, and he uses some of that time to talk to fans (and sometimes non-fans) on various websites.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 5:56 am 

obiter wrote:
OK ............
retain eye contact
and back out of the room real sloooooow

*follows very slowly, so as not to raise any suspicion*

Are we nearly there yet?

PreviousNext