Singing the praises of aia/Axel !
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:25 am 

Hey,

Big, BIG hat-tip to Axel who was kind enough to work a deal with me and finally get me a Silver Anniversary G1 for the asking price of helping him out with an overseas eBay transaction.  I've wanted a complete set ever since I got my SA set a few years back and found it was missing.

This is a good guy!  A square shooter!

Thanks muchly, aia!

Last edited by DungeonDelver on Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:46 am 

Axel's a great guy...and lucky, too.  He's got a fantastic view from his apartment!

Let mirth prevail!

Sage Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 11:09 am 

it was a pleasure: i'm also happy to help unlucky collectors (like me) in order to complete their dreamed collection!

@stephen: btw, the pic you got it is not exactly what i see from my flat... i live near there, just 2 min walk! (the landscape you got was taken from the city hall and this would mean that i am the major of the town... :D )

I am the servant of the Secret Maps, Wielder of the flame of Clone!
You cannot quote! The dark spam will not avail you, flame of Udun.
Go back to the Shadow! You... cannot... post!!!

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 1:30 pm 

Damn, and I thought I had connections!

BTW, I'm tentatively planning a visit to the home country in Toscana in the fall.  Might be cool to try to meet up.   :D

Let mirth prevail!

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 11:37 pm 

Congrats on Cloud Kingdom module Axle.

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Sage Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:41 am 

bombadil wrote:Damn, and I thought I had connections!

eheheh... just to give you a rough idea...

this is the city hall (the place from where the pic i sent you was taken, it is Piazza Unita d'Italia):

http://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Immagine:P ... _notte.JPG

while the place i live is just aside the church at the end of this channel (Piazza Ponterosso):

http://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Immagine:C ... eRosso.jpg

if you look in www.viamichelin.com you'll see that it is pretty close... anyway i'm not the major of my town (or, hopefully!)

bombadil wrote:BTW, I'm tentatively planning a visit to the home country in Toscana in the fall.  Might be cool to try to meet up.   :D

well, you'd be welcome!!! just keep in mind 3 issues:

1) my town is far away from everywhere! so this could cause you to travel a lot!

2) you'd give me the new in advance since i dont work in my town; anyway you could be hosted in my newly new flat!

2) it is better to come here in summer! it is definitely nice, you have the sea and the weather is cool, during autumn and winter (and even in the first part of spring) i wouldnt sugget to visit my town due to the wind... there's often a strong freezy wind (coming from siberia) and it could reach very high speed (this year the highest speed was "only" 130km/h while two winters ago we had up to 180km/h)...

I am the servant of the Secret Maps, Wielder of the flame of Clone!
You cannot quote! The dark spam will not avail you, flame of Udun.
Go back to the Shadow! You... cannot... post!!!