ebay protocol for sellers
Author

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 12:44 pm 

I realize that a seller can not expect every buyer to leave feedback, so how does a seller make sure that the item arrived?  I don't want to appear feedback hungry or nagging, but is it ok to email a buyer and ask them if they received the item they paid for and if it arrived in good condition, etc?  In fact, if a seller doesn't do this and the item hasn't arrived, perhaps the buyer is stewing and wondering how long they should wait before they contact me?  It has only been two weeks since I sent them, so not a huge amount of time.  I know there are a lot of very savvy ebayers on this site.  Please advise.  And thanks.

If all else fails, immortality can always be assured by spectacular error. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 12:47 pm 

I don't mind sellers asking if I received the package.  Although if the package is getting shipped out of country 2 weeks might be a bit soon.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 12:48 pm 

That's one reason I always use delivery confirmation when possible.  Otherwise, I would just send a friendly email.

Let mirth prevail!

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 1:46 pm 

i just advise the buyer that i have sent the item and to let me know when it arrives.

sometimes they do, sometimes they dont.

cest la vie....

Al

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 2:41 pm 

BIG pet hate is buyers not leaving feedback!!!!

I have a 192 feedback with 100% Positive at the time of writing. BUT Should Have over 300!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
But people DO NOT LEAVE FEEDBACK!!!
So I do not until they do now!!!

This is the one thing I really hate about ebay, They should make it so you have to leave feedback before you can but anything else!!!!!!

But that will never happen....

Delz
a disgruntled seller!

Trader, Collector and avid Gamer

Trying to put the "R" back into RPG

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 2:52 pm 

Delzoun-blood wrote:BIG pet hate is buyers not leaving feedback!!!!

I have a 192 feedback with 100% Positive at the time of writing. BUT Should Have over 300!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
But people DO NOT LEAVE FEEDBACK!!!
So I do not until they do now!!!

This is the one thing I really hate about ebay, They should make it so you have to leave feedback before you can but anything else!!!!!!

But that will never happen....

Delz
a disgruntled seller!

i reckon about half leave me feedback as a seller - whatever, its no biggie.

ppl will know whether youre good or not.

Al

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 3:06 pm 

As a buyer I am obsessively scrupulous about leaving feedback and leave it within minutes of receiving the item (I am equally obsessive about paying, and tend to do that immediately).  I used to be a bit irked about sellers who wouldn't leave feedback until I had done so (as I sort of think that sellers should leave feedback once you have paid).  However I have come to not mind this anymore, simply because it is one of the best ways for a seller to know that you have received the item.  Why not put a note in your description saying that you'll leave feedback once you receive it from the buyer so that you know that the buyer has received the item.  So long as you are straight up and consisten about this, it shouldn't be a problem.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 3:34 pm 

I leave feedback in huge globs, about once a month, both for buying and selling.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 3:45 pm 

Yeah, I am pretty relaxed about feedback too - some do, some don't, some early, some late. I reckon it's not that important.  :D

Let's go fly a kite
Up to the highest height!

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 6:15 pm 

Kamelion wrote:As a buyer I am obsessively scrupulous about leaving feedback and leave it within minutes of receiving the item (I am equally obsessive about paying, and tend to do that immediately).  I used to be a bit irked about sellers who wouldn't leave feedback until I had done so (as I sort of think that sellers should leave feedback once you have paid).  However I have come to not mind this anymore, simply because it is one of the best ways for a seller to know that you have received the item.  Why not put a note in your description saying that you'll leave feedback once you receive it from the buyer so that you know that the buyer has received the item.  So long as you are straight up and consisten about this, it shouldn't be a problem.

Yeah I'm the same way, I leave it within a day of getting the item and pay within a day. As a seller though its when I get feedback.

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 9:12 pm 

I pay and leave feedback ASAP.  It strikes me as the only courteous way to act.

I have only had a couple sellers fail to leave me feedback...interestingly, both were members here...but not really regulars.

Mark   8)

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 10:28 pm 

Wow. thanks for the great answers!  Delz, I feel your pain.  I did send friendly emails, and am getting satisfying response, for the most part.  So far as a seller I do leave feedback when paid, but I imagine the day will come when that will bite me.  So I might try the "I'll leave you feedback when I know all is well" approach.  Have to think about that.  Thanks for the thoughts!

If all else fails, immortality can always be assured by spectacular error. - John Kenneth Galbraith