New eBay formatting
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 2:45 pm 

Am I the only one who finds this new format annoying? Seeing feedback ratings on the mainpage is almost entirely useless and it is distracting.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 8:54 pm 

I notice that the formatting seems to switch back and forth between the old style and the new.  No idea why.

I like the old formatting better.

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 11:21 pm 

Actually sent eBay some unsolicited opinions on the subject. I doubt they'll listen but there's hope.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 12:02 am 

What new formatting? I've both placed some bids and listed some lots since the original post here and I don't see any differences at all.

Any chance of a link?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 2:11 am 

Xaxaxe wrote:What new formatting? I've both placed some bids and listed some lots since the original post here and I don't see any differences at all.

Any chance of a link?

No chance of a link from me.  The format change appears and disappears at random.  One night it will be the new (harder to read) format and the next night it will be the old one.  Strange.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 12:43 pm 

What new formatting? I've both placed some bids and listed some lots since the original post here and I don't see any differences at all.

Any chance of a link?

The "new" formatting is that there is now feedback ratings below every single listing when you do any kind of search. Eg:

Dungeons and Dragons D&D basic and expert rules 1st ed.

Now maybe I've accidentally turned on this feature or something, but its pretty annoying.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 1:01 pm 

A minor irritation, to say the least.  One that pales in comparison to, say, things like war in the Middle East, the plummeting stock market, and the expanding U.S. budget deficit.  

But thanks for pointing it out.  It had completely escaped my notice.   :D

Let mirth prevail!

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 1:02 pm 

Sea-to-sky-games wrote:Now maybe I've accidentally turned on this feature or something, but its pretty annoying.

Yeah, that's not new. It's a preference that can be turned on or off in your My eBay profile. I believe it's called something like "one-line or two-line results."

And, of course, "annoying" is in the eye of the beholder: I've been using the two-line results for months now and much prefer them.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 1:29 pm 

bombadil wrote:A minor irritation, to say the least.  One that pales in comparison to, say, things like war in the Middle East, the plummeting stock market, and the expanding U.S. budget deficit.  

But thanks for pointing it out.  It had completely escaped my notice.   :D

Wait!  You left out the crucial story of where to bury a dead stripper!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 1:30 pm 

It's a preference that can be turned on or off in your My eBay profile. I believe it's called something like "one-line or two-line results."

If you can dig up the how-to for me I'd appreciate it. I looked at my preferences under myeBay and didn't see it.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 1:46 pm 

Actually, I'd forgotten that you can bypass My eBay altogether. Probably the quickest way to do this is:

1. Do a search for anything (provided it brings in at least one non-Stores result);

2. In the upper-right area, click "customize display."

3. A number of options (with checkboxes) are presented, including "display feedback information."

I'm guessing that either eBay recently changed the default on this to "on" or else is switching back and forth in some form of users survey. I probably didn't notice because I've actually had the box checked for some time now.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 2:07 pm 

Thanks! Free at last!