SHIPPING TIMES...
Author

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 4:49 am 

I have unpleasant news (for me) to share. So far the big bucks module I bought in September has not arrived  :evil: . Seller apparently sent it by Air Mail Letter Post  8O  and not by certified mail as I had asked. She says he sent it a box within another bigger box and that it was sent October, 3. Today is October, 16 and the item has not arrived :( . I'd like to ask to Europeans and people shopping/shipping in other continents: did you ever had experience unusual lateness for similar sized and packaged items? Sniff, my precious is not here  :(  :(  :( Bwaaaaaa!

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 8:59 am 

Hi

13 days is starting to get into the "hmmm" mark, but not too bad yet. I think.

Spain has a really slow postal service, but I've never had any problems with Italy, or Canada.

Maybe another week?

Cheers,

Malcolm

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 9:05 am 

Hey Sotterraneo:

I've had stuff take up to a month coming from Europe to the US.  So far I have not had any problems with packages not arriving.

I spent a couple of weeks in Italy a few years ago (Milan - Bocconi University) for a business class I was taking and I noticed that many governmental functions don't move that quickly there in Italy.  (No offense!)  If the Italian postal service is anything like that in the US, I wouldn't get too excited for another week or so!

Good luck, and I hope that the package arrives soon.  (Who knows, maybe the package was misdirected and is in my mailbox at home right now!!!    :D )

Matt

Dere Fritoad, Two badd yoo copped outt so sooon lazt nighgt. Mised som grooovy trps. Hoap th rring thinng wurcs out awrighgt. Peece, Timm  PS Hear ar som outt of sihgt stash I'm laying onn yoo guyz. Must sine off as rush iss cocomcoming ohgodohgod$#%*@!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 9:35 am 

Where was the seller sending it from?

If the seller has sent a big-bucks item by a method that isnt traceable or insured, then they are a total jerk.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 9:42 am 

nn wrote:Where was the seller sending it from?

If the seller has sent a big-bucks item by a method that isnt traceable or insured, then they are a total jerk.

From USA. Seller said me that certified mail "was not offered" by the Post Office clerk... aaaargh!!!  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 2:09 pm 

Was it insured? What was it, BTW?

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 3:30 pm 

Ciro please tell us it wasn't the ST1...

Nice signature, Fronk!

- "When the going gets weird, the Weird turn pro."

Hunter S. Thompson (July 18, 1937 - Feb 20, 2005)

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 3:39 pm 

A compliment?!?!

You know, there was someting not right about that whole ST1 auction. He claimed someone won it before and didn't pay, but I checked his previous auctions and didn't see it. I could have missed it. That's why I refrained from bidding on it.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Oct 17, 2003 4:41 am 

Deadlord36 wrote:A compliment?!?!

You know, there was someting not right about that whole ST1 auction. He claimed someone won it before and didn't pay, but I checked his previous auctions and didn't see it. I could have missed it. That's why I refrained from bidding on it.

The module DO was the ST1. Now I have been promised another copy, this one sent via certified mail, and different from the one put on auction on EBay. Seller seemed to me honest - when I asked why I had to pay $ 36 for shipping Global Priority Mail when such service was not available to Italy  8O , I was quickly refunded of my money :D .

The replacement copy should be sent tomorrow and the tracking number sent immediately. You all may be sure I'll MOST closely track the package from the USA to Italy.  :twisted:

Stay tuned for the next installment of the "ST1 goes to Italy" saga - now a major Cinecittà/Hollywood production. Hey, if they can do such a lousy movie as the Peacemaker... I particularly noticed Clooney zooming and shooting in Vienna (I love this city) center with no police showing itself to discipline the freaking idiot. :D

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Oct 17, 2003 10:16 am 

OOOOOKKKK, he has 2 ST1's, eh? Something fishy............

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Oct 17, 2003 11:38 am 

Deadlord36 wrote:OOOOOKKKK, he has 2 ST1's, eh? Something fishy............

I'm suspicious too. Well, I'll make a close check with the image of the auction. Anyway, I must say they send me a receipt for shipping to Italy...

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Oct 17, 2003 11:51 am 

I'd get it authenticated if I was you.

Is it possible it got tied up in Customs? If they declared a high value, it might still be there. Don't you have to pay a fee to pick up an international package?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Oct 17, 2003 11:52 am 

Why wasn't the first one sent via Cert Mail?

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Oct 17, 2003 12:41 pm 

Deadlord36 wrote:I'd get it authenticated if I was you.

Is it possible it got tied up in Customs? If they declared a high value, it might still be there. Don't you have to pay a fee to pick up an international package?

At the best of my knowledge, Letters don't require customs forms. I have shipped (and received) a lot of books this way and I have never seen any forms.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Oct 17, 2003 12:43 pm 

Deadlord36 wrote:Why wasn't the first one sent via Cert Mail?

Seller wrote me that "the Post Office clerk didn't offer me such option"  8O . Quite an undefensible line of defense, I must say. PayPal of course agreed  :twisted: .

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Oct 19, 2003 4:28 pm 

I don't know...  I've never been offered any options when shipping stuff to Europe.  I DO know that things like insurance tend to cost and arm and a leg, at least to a few of the countries I have shipped to.

Sotterreano, try USPS - The United States Postal Service (U.S. Postal Service) .  That is the US postal service website...  you might be able to pull something off there and give the seller a "well, what about this..." email.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Oct 20, 2003 12:08 pm 

Cernunnos wrote:I don't know...  I've never been offered any options when shipping stuff to Europe.  I DO know that things like insurance tend to cost and arm and a leg, at least to a few of the countries I have shipped to.

Sotterreano, try USPS - The United States Postal Service (U.S. Postal Service) .  That is the US postal service website...  you might be able to pull something off there and give the seller a "well, what about this..." email.

Insurance has a cost, albeit not a big one in my experience. Anyway, what I had asked for was simply certified mail. Even if the Post Office clerk doesn't 'offer' it to you :?: , well, the service is available :wink: .

Anyway, good news. Tomorrow morning UPS will deliver here the second copy of the module. Yes, I'm suspicious too, but I'm willing to give them the benefit of doubt and the module will be mine at last  :D  :D  :D !

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Oct 20, 2003 12:16 pm 

Maybe I'll hit him up for a copy. He might have a few more..........

Seriously, get it checked out. No one wants to see you get screwed. At least compare it to someone else who has one.

Next