Reserve pricing...
Author

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 7:15 pm 

Gus Landt wrote:That was me who bought that whole lot from the seller.  I paid him a little over $200 for his 3.5.  So there, you have one confirmed sale for this module at over $200.  :wink:

I had guessed the reserve at $200.  I could see it going for as much as $250, however I know I'm not the only person who is very put-off by the giant signature across the front.

I think the inside book would have been a much better place for the signature.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 7:31 pm 

Deadlord39 wrote:I stand corrected, though I still don't see it as a super collectible. Unless you are very into 3E.

As has been discussed before, if any D20 stuff is considered collectible or appeals to older school D&D collects then it is probably the DCC line.  And out of those, Haunted Tower is hands down the most collectible of the lot.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 7:31 pm 

To be honest, I was surprised it got as high as it did.  I know the print run was lower, but still more than $200, already? *shrugs*

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Last edited by bclarkie on Sat Feb 17, 2007 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 7:33 pm 

Mars wrote:
I think the inside book would have been a much better place for the signature.

I would have much preferred the sig on the inside as well. However, since I received it through Goodman Games via Joe, I had no idea where the signature was going to be.

Also, I sold one for $250 about a 1.5 to 2 years ago - don't recall who the buyer was. So, the potential is there.

Eulaliaaa!!!

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 8:12 pm 

I guess it depends on personal preference. I almost always just put stuff up and let it go. I'm really not interested in tweaking a buyer for every dinar, and I HATE relisting stuff, which seems to be what eGay wants me to do lately...

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Collector

Post Posted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 4:33 pm 

Hello;
I've recently joined the forum.  I have one of these (I bought it on the 'subscription' basis when it came out and, as I recall, it took forever for Arneson to sign it.  I was thinking of passing mine on but notice that one of the ones I saw illustrated on the web has the signature on the title page while mine is across the cover art.  I didn't know where the signature was going to go when I originally bought it; I just sent in my cash and then waited for it to come to me.
It also seems like the cover was made of crappy paper.  I read it maybe once and yet the spine has wear (a little ragged white edge where the ink cracked along the spine).  Subsequent DCCs (which seem to have a different, slicker cover paper) don't have this problem.
Thanks and regards.
stef

Previous