Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 4:17 pm 

dcas wrote:I must say that I chuckle every time I see your signature!! :lol:

Ah, you just made my day.   :D

Let mirth prevail!

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 4:17 pm 

dcas wrote:Look, I get that some of you are annoyed at STS. Why, I have not yet fathomed. One would think that the opinions of a capitalist would be welcomed in a forum where many people buy and sell games for profit. In any case, it's pretty lame to attack someone personally ('assclown', 'troll') just because his opinions about the economics of collecting differ from yours.

I am not sure what your stake in this is David.  STS is a trouble maker and he has been a trouble maker since he first started posting on this forum 6 weeks ago.  Its not just that he has differing opinions about economics, its the fact that he continously tried to force his differing opinions on everyone else here.  If you would bother to take a look and read some of the crap that he writes, you might actually understand where just about everyone is coming from.   Like for instance:

viewtopic.php?t=5150

Someone came here looking for help on the value of an item and this is the response that they get:

Sea-to-sky-games wrote:
The only question you need to ask is "what is it's worth to you".

This of course is exactly what the person in question was looking for, a snotty smart ass, go away remark. Yeah, thats what this site site is supposed to be about. :roll:  STS is the poster of the year.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 4:18 pm 

I am sick of these posts ... STS leave off ..

"... and may I remind you that this ain't the end. I can still kick some ass." - Tom Petty

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 4:19 pm 

Sea-to-sky-games wrote:
Ah yes.. maturity in action.

Is this actually coming from that same guy who has yet to admit once that he has been wrong about anything???  You are without a doubt the biggest freaking know it all that I have ever had the displeasure of running into my entire life.  I usually don't resort to name calling, but its really the only thing left to do with you as you refuse to acknowledge really anything else.  You don't have a clue and yet you continue to post as if you know everything.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 4:20 pm 

Sea-to-sky-games wrote:
You need Brian to get on your case.. you'll be past 2000 in no time. :D

I am sorry, what exactly have you contributed to this site?

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 4:20 pm 

BC and StS: as long as we're being honest here, I am going to say something that is on a few users' minds: I am totally sick of you two derailing threads. Your pissing matches have become incredibly tiresome.

StS, you seem stunned that we all don't subscribe to your bizarre theories of economics. Don't be; most of them don't even make any sense. That doesn't mean you have to post them over and over and over ...

Brian, where is all the anger and venom coming from? Check your last 100 posts: how many times do you use terms such "moron," "clueless," or "idiot"? How many rolly-eyes have you used? What's with the over-the-top attacks on certain targets?

Whatever; you guys figure it out. I'll check back in a month or so and see if anyone here is actually discussing D&D collecting. Or maybe I won't, seeing as how the signal-to-noise ratio here is getting to be as bad as Dragonfoot's.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 4:21 pm 

Duke,
Before you go, can I appropriate that awesome Couglander pic for my avvy?

Thanks man!   :D

Let mirth prevail!

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 4:24 pm 

Xaxaxe wrote:
Brian, where is all the anger and venom coming from? Check your last 100 posts: how many times do you use terms such "moron," "clueless," or "idiot"? How many rolly-eyes have you used? What's with the over-the-top attacks on certain targets?

Sorry X, I am done with this guy for good now.  I am not even going to acknowledge his existance anymore unless he tries and pushes some else away from the site.  You are right though, I have been on edge recently and its probably time to take a vacation myself.  The amount of troll activity around here has clearly ruined my own experience here and its been reflected in my posts.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 4:28 pm 

STS

Last edited by Sea-to-sky-games on Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 4:29 pm 

Yes, we did have 2 of them. The buyer from Italy emailed us asking us for scans of the item, which I delivered to him promptly, and then he bought it.

I believe they were purchased originally from the same person we got all the Quest for the Fazzlewoods from, although we may have gotten them at the GenCon auction a few years back...  We still have one left, if anyone's interested.

PS We would buy up to 2 more copies at $900, if anyone has one for sale. We're also looking for many of the R Series modules, and several other convention modules.

Hey, we've got our eyes on that 1st print wood-grain box set of yours bclarkie... maybe we'll get lucky. Regardless, good luck with your sale.
-Jason

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 10:46 pm 

I'd buy 500 copies at $900 each.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:38 pm 

I would buy another one for $900 or so!

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 12:26 am 

Xaxaxe wrote:StS, you seem stunned that we all don't subscribe to your bizarre theories of economics. Don't be; most of them don't even make any sense. That doesn't mean you have to post them over and over and over ...

Yup have to agree with that!  

Xaxaxe wrote:Brian, where is all the anger and venom coming from? Check your last 100 posts: how many times do you use terms such "moron," "clueless," or "idiot"? How many rolly-eyes have you used? What's with the over-the-top attacks on certain targets?

Brian, definitely time to ease off.  STS is definitely getting under your skin and that is not a good thing.  Key point here is that most of the people here don't subscribe to STS's beliefs and no amount of his pushing them will change that fact.  Besides I have better things to focus on like meeting the REAL Acaeum members at GenCon!

Xaxaxe wrote:Whatever; you guys figure it out. I'll check back in a month or so and see if anyone here is actually discussing D&D collecting. Or maybe I won't, seeing as how the signal-to-noise ratio here is getting to be as bad as Dragonfoot's.

Hopefully that is not the case ... the valuation board is depleted enough as it is right now.

"... and may I remind you that this ain't the end. I can still kick some ass." - Tom Petty

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 4:21 am 

bclarkie wrote:
Sorry X, I am done with this guy for good now.  I am not even going to acknowledge his existance anymore unless he tries and pushes some else away from the site.  You are right though, I have been on edge recently and its probably time to take a vacation myself.  The amount of troll activity around here has clearly ruined my own experience here and its been reflected in my posts.

In the immortal words of Scoobie Doo:

"Rut Ro, Runk Again!"

"Ah, you seek meaning? Then listen to the music, not the song."

"I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 7:55 am 

"Rut Ro, Runk Again!"

"clink"

"Don't tempt me, I can resist anything but temptation"

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 9:25 am 

bombadil wrote:Ah, you just made my day. :D

I think the mirthful avatar helps! :D

PreviousNext