I need help from an American about Chaosium
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed May 16, 2007 1:36 am 

This sounds much like my own saga with Chaosium.

I am looking at an Arkham Fire Department T-shirt (across my office, on the sofa) as I type.

I don't think it is malice.  I think it is just inefficiency.

I believe that the Chaosium shipper guy (Fergie) is more geared to phone orders than internet orders.

How are the Chaosium products?  Had a chance to read them yet?

Mark   8)

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed May 16, 2007 7:31 am 

Mars wrote:Is there a postmark on the package to say when it was shipped out from Chaosium?

It was shipped in May, so arrived here pretty quickly!

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed May 16, 2007 7:32 am 

FormCritic wrote:This sounds much like my own saga with Chaosium.

I am looking at an Arkham Fire Department T-shirt (across my office, on the sofa) as I type.

I don't think it is malice.  I think it is just inefficiency.

I believe that the Chaosium shipper guy (Fergie) is more geared to phone orders than internet orders.

How are the Chaosium products?  Had a chance to read them yet?

Mark   8)

I think too it was simply a problem of inefficiency and not an attempt to cheat me of my money. I put all the books on the shelf, but no chance so far to read them  :wink:

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed May 16, 2007 7:33 am 

When you start reading BtMoM, don't worry about the page count.
It is screwed up, but there are no missing pages. I confirmed that with Lynn Willis that the page count is correct.

Lynn Willis Said:
Yes, the TOC was somehow affected during the file transfer for the book, and, since
the run was an unchanged one, no one caught that this one page had mysteriously
absorbed and repeated TOC lines from at least two other books. Worse,
there are many books contaminated with the identical scramble. We apologize for for this,
and will be posting the proper table of contents on the web site

Here are some of the other items I noted while going through the book:
(if they did not make any changes to the additional printings)

Page 12 -- middle column -- references 16x20 map which is not included in the book
Page 35 -- middle column -- "Aftershocks" last paragraph refers to clipping 3.1 and it should be 1.3
Page 71 -- middle column -- bottom of paragraph references plan of aft rooms on page 268 and the plan actually is on page 270
Page 72 -- 1st paragraph refers to cabin 30 on the next page. The information is actually on the same page
Page 122 -- 1st column -- "Danforth at Work" section -- last line missing the page number of the new spell, it is on page 177
Page 136 -- 1st column -- where it refers to seeing "Hanger H2 after clearing" it is on page 150
Page 141 -- 1st column -- "The Locator Stone" section last paragraph -- it would help to point the reader to page 273 when referring to chapter 16 since the information that this entry points to is buried in a paragraph without a specific heading
Page 173 -- middle column -- In the reference to the Second day -5ºF (-37ºC) there is a conversion problem. -37ºC = -34.6ºF.
Page 177 -- middle column -- last paragraph refers to the new skill section before the prologue. It is actually on page 412.
Page 206 -- 3rd column -- "Elder Thing Parkas" section refers to "Entry Dome(page 208)" that information is actually on the same page (206)
Page 239 -- middle column -- 2nd paragraph -- reference is made to "roll on the Aircraft Failure Chart" -- this was difficult to locate and is actually in Appendix 2 on page 307
Page 261 -- 3rd column -- end of 3rd paragraph "Statistics for the Shoggoth are at the end of this chapter" the information that line refers to is actually on the opposite page #260

Check out my Chaosium sourcebook.
Secrets of Tibet

Previous