Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 12:52 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:
everyone is far more forgiving than you BC :D

mind you, i am just as bad.

Al

Hey, I am actually more forgiving then people probably realize.  Its just that when I stop forgiving, people hear about things. :wink:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 4:31 am 

FormCritic wrote:I hope they follow through on all of it...it is easy to forget details like that if one is busy...as Fergie probably is.

Let's not walk that path again - nobody can be so busy in a Chaosium sized  :wink:  company to be not able to answer polite emails from a customer for three months and waking up as soon as said customer (me  :wink: ) goes public with his frustration... I hated giving Chaosium an Atomic Wedge (did I spell that right? :?: ) - this is because it took so much time posting here - but, hey, 200 bucks are 200 bucks (the dollar is really chickening out in front of the Mighty Euro  :P  but it's still some decent amount of money...).

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 7:38 am 

Alexander1968 wrote:(the dollar is really chickening out in front of the Mighty Euro  :P )

Actually, I love to live in Europe :)

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 11:05 am 

Alexander1968 wrote:Let's not walk that path again - nobody can be so busy in a Chaosium sized  :wink:  company to be not able to answer polite emails from a customer for three months and waking up as soon as said customer (me  :wink: ) goes public with his frustration... I hated giving Chaosium an Atomic Wedge (did I spell that right? :?: ) - this is because it took so much time posting here - but, hey, 200 bucks are 200 bucks (the dollar is really chickening out in front of the Mighty Euro  :P  but it's still some decent amount of money...).

I was referring to the other books in the lot that Fergie has agreed to send when he gets them.

That is the kind of detail someone is likely to forget.

I suspect he was not answering the emails because he hoped that the package would turn up in the meantime.

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 11:14 am 

I wonder if they might have accidentally shipped your earlier order by surface mail.  Chaosium have a legendarily slow surface shipping method that  lot of people use because it is free if you order more than a certain amount ($120 if I recall).  It may take quite a while, but it always arrives.  I have never known for an order to just not turn up.  maybe you will get lucky and end up with twice your order  :D

Let's go fly a kite
Up to the highest height!

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 4:49 am 

red_bus wrote:I wonder if they might have accidentally shipped your earlier order by surface mail.  Chaosium have a legendarily slow surface shipping method that  lot of people use because it is free if you order more than a certain amount ($120 if I recall).  It may take quite a while, but it always arrives.  I have never known for an order to just not turn up.  maybe you will get lucky and end up with twice your order  :D

Overruled too. I paid $ 36.05 for air mail parcel post (I pointed out to the Chaosium guys the free shipping option, but they didn't reply and sent me no refunds, so...).

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 7:25 am 

yes and airmail parcel post doesnt take THAT long.

i think considering the circumstances, nothing very much has happened yet for A1968 to get his books!

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:31 am 

Alexander1968 wrote:Overruled too. I paid $ 36.05 for air mail parcel post (I pointed out to the Chaosium guys the free shipping option, but they didn't reply and sent me no refunds, so...).

You misunderstand. I said that they might have accidentally shipped it that way, as a lot of overseas customers use the free surface option.

Yes, Al, surface shouldn't take that long  8O , but I remember from the Y-S.com posts about this issue, that people did regularly receive shipments from Chaosium three or four months after purchase. As did I once.  :D

Let's go fly a kite

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:58 am 

Ste:

Airmail Parcel Post is considerably quicker than Economy Surface Post....

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 9:03 am 

killjoy32 wrote:Ste:

Airmail Parcel Post is considerably quicker than Economy Surface Post....

Al

Stephen is trying to indicate that despite that fact that Ciro paid for Airmail, that Chaosium may not have sent it that way.  He is saying that he has seen many others in the past that have paid for Airmail but had their stuff shipped by Surface mail anyway. :)

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 9:34 am 

well then in that case, he was royally ripped as well :D

hey ho

back to working out my daily calories on my food *sigh* man this is boring.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 10:20 am 

With Chaosium I think it is their inconsistency that drives customers nuts (SAN check!). :)

I placed an order with Chaosium on the 13th of February and it just arrived!

That is just 9 days using USPS airmail letter post from California to the East Coast of Canada!

Of course I have also experienced the opposite where I have had to send several emails and wait over two months.  :(

Check out my Chaosium sourcebook.
Secrets of Tibet

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 10:46 am 

jasonw1239 wrote:With Chaosium I think it is their inconsistency that drives customers nuts (SAN check!). :)

I placed an order with Chaosium on the 13th of February and it just arrived!

That is just 9 days using USPS airmail letter post from California to the East Coast of Canada!

Of course I have also experienced the opposite where I have had to send several emails and wait over two months.  :(

well i am just simply saying that if they tightened up their operation, they would have a better fan base imo and with an improved reputation, it would surely pull back customers who have become disenchanted with them.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 10:59 am 

Fergie sent me an email today.  He thanked me for the heads-up about this problem and said that Chaosium is working to heal the damage.

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 10:59 am 

Al,

I was not disagreeing with you about Chaosium's service.

It sucks arse that a customer with a large order had to go public and have people lobby on his behalf before they would even answer his emails.

As red_bus mentioned in an earlier postings a lot of the Call of Cthulhu forums have hoards of angry customers that are frustrated with this shenanigans.

Check out my Chaosium sourcebook.
Secrets of Tibet

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 11:32 am 

jasonw1239 wrote:Al,

I was not disagreeing with you about Chaosium's service.

It sucks arse that a customer with a large order had to go public and have people lobby on his behalf before they would even answer his emails.

As red_bus mentioned in an earlier postings a lot of the Call of Cthulhu forums have hoards of angry customers that are frustrated with this shenanigans.

(hey no biggie man! ) :)

you hit it on the head there tho. this is what i am saying. if they improved things considerably, you would'nt have the above.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 3:56 am 

red_bus wrote:Yes, Al, surface shouldn't take that long  8O , but I remember from the Y-S.com posts about this issue, that people did regularly receive shipments from Chaosium three or four months after purchase. As did I once.  :D

This is of course possible, but it can't justify: 1) The amount of money I paid for shipping 2) not receiving any books from them and most importantly 3)never getting any replies to my emails.

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 6:20 am 

killjoy32 wrote:
you hit it on the head there tho. this is what i am saying. if they improved things considerably, you wouldn't have the above.

Al

Too right. :D   I wonder how much of their sales are to shops and how much to individuals - the two central London game shops that carry rpgs can't have more than 30 Call of Cthulhu items on their shelves in total (endless d20 though  :cry: ) and some of that stuff is quite old too - but I am sure they have plenty of individual customers over here.  maybe if they orientated themselves to more direct sales then their famous cash problems might start to improve too.

Let's go fly a kite

PreviousNext