I need help from an American about Chaosium
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 9:37 am 

Alexander1968 wrote:
At last Fergie the Shipping Shoggoth sent me an emal (I read it this morning CET). I was particularly amused by "I understand you are having difficulties receiving emails from Chaosium" line. Well, the Chaosium e-mail newsletter always arrives fine  :?  and I couldn't but point out to Fergie that I had to go public with my frustrations to get a contact from Chaosium.  :?

I haven't said anything about this, but I had a similar experience about a year ago.  I think it's pretty much understood in the community of gamers that while they Chaosium folk are great people, they seem to have a bit of trouble both communicating and sending out orders in a timely fashion. My order took around 6 weeks to arrive, which seems pretty fortunate considering some of the posts here, but I decided at that point I didn't want to wait a month + for items from Chaosium when any seller on ebay can get them here faster. It's unfortunate because they have some items I am really interested in..

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 11:34 am 

Badmike wrote:
I haven't said anything about this, but I had a similar experience about a year ago.  I think it's pretty much understood in the community of gamers that while they Chaosium folk are great people, they seem to have a bit of trouble both communicating and sending out orders in a timely fashion. My order took around 6 weeks to arrive, which seems pretty fortunate considering some of the posts here, but I decided at that point I didn't want to wait a month + for items from Chaosium when any seller on ebay can get them here faster. It's unfortunate because they have some items I am really interested in..

Mike B.

My opinion, exactly.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 11:36 am 

Alexander1968 wrote:My opinion, exactly.

well tbh you would think they would get in this case. there are a lot of collectors who seemingly go in their direction to purchase regularly. surely they are the kinda customers you want to keep on board?

oh well A1968 i hope you get the matter sorted chummer.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 11:40 am 

Is this what the Chaosium forums or Call of Cthulu forums look like too?

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 12:09 pm 

Yes  :D

Let's go fly a kite
Up to the highest height!

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 12:12 pm 

For example...

http://www.yog-sothoth.com/modules.php? ... pic&t=8291

Let's go fly a kite
Up to the highest height!

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 12:25 pm 

I am truly surprised that there was not more postings about the quality of some of the their recent hardcover releases.

The binding on the 25th anniversary edition of the CoC rulebook was one of the worst jobs I have ever seen in my 30+ years of buying game materials.  :evil:

Check out my Chaosium sourcebook.
Secrets of Tibet

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 12:33 pm 

jasonw1239 wrote:I am truly surprised that there was not more postings about the quality of some of the their recent hardcover releases.

The binding on the 25th anniversary edition of the CoC rulebook was one of the worst jobs I have ever seen in my 30+ years of buying game materials.  :evil:

Wow, I guess that's good to know, since those books command premium prices...no use paying for something that expensive that's going to fall apart!!!

Mike B

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 6:21 pm 

I was very happy with the item I bought from Chaosium...the Hawkmoon Monograph.

Fergie also tossed in a couple of Chaosium T-Shirts to make up for the delay in shipping.  (Too small for me, but my daughter likes one of them!)

I wasn't really upset by the delays or the mistake.  I can wait for gaming stuff.....really, who can't?

I am more disturbed by the lack of a reply from Chaosium.  I presume they were letting a problem lie to see if the items would arrive in the meantime.

I would like to see them resolve the problem that started this strand...possibly by re-shipping the order and thus solving a problem that is likely to get more expensive than the order itself.

A reputation is hard to build and harder to re-build.  

I hate to see a company like Chaosium take a punch in the eye in front of some of the customers and potential customers here.  They really are the kind of company that people around here like to support.

Mark   8)

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 4:49 am 

I'm at the moment discussing the matter with Fergie the Shipping Shoggoth. I  am hoping to solve the matter in a most satisfying and positive way - signs are encouraging  :D . And I wish to extend a BIG THANKS to everybody that helped me with Chaosium or simply expressed support for my problem  :wink:

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 8:12 am 

Alexander1968,

I'm hoping that you have a happy ending with this.

Mark, I have to agree with you fully about hating to see Chaosium get a black eye. Their products have supplied me and my friends many hours of entertainment over the years.

Their cash flow problems over the last few years have become legendary and I can only assume that they continue on based on their belief in their products.

I have been watching the Chaosium product list over the last few years diversify and have been encouraged to see the reprints of popular products (Beyond the Mountains of Madness) and the publication of new items.

Check out my Chaosium sourcebook.
Secrets of Tibet

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 3:14 pm 

*bump*

How is this going?  Has Chaosium fixed anything yet?

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 4:22 am 

FormCritic wrote:*bump*

How is this going?  Has Chaosium fixed anything yet?

Well, Fergie the Shipping Shoggoth wrote me this message: "In any event, Chaosium only wants any and all our customers to remember us fondly. At this time I have only the Astronomy shirt and the Masks hardcover available, and I will prepare and post them to you with special wardings placed upon them to help avoid any trouble wit delivery. Chaosium will send hardcover copies of both Malleus and BtMoM to you when we receive more from the printer. I have no expected arrival date for these books, though I hear the process is already underway".

I'm waiting  :wink:

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 11:19 am 

Hey....that's really good.  

I hope they follow through on all of it...it is easy to forget details like that if one is busy...as Fergie probably is.

Let us know when you get the first set of books.

Mark   8)

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 11:51 am 

FormCritic wrote:Hey....that's really good.  

I hope they follow through on all of it...it is easy to forget details like that if one is busy...as Fergie probably is.

Let us know when you get the first set of books.

Mark   8)

Mark, you are far more forgiving than some of us. :wink:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 12:46 pm 

bclarkie wrote:
Mark, you are far more forgiving than some of us. :wink:

everyone is far more forgiving than you BC :D

mind you, i am just as bad.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 12:52 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:
everyone is far more forgiving than you BC :D

mind you, i am just as bad.

Al

Hey, I am actually more forgiving then people probably realize.  Its just that when I stop forgiving, people hear about things. :wink:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 4:31 am 

FormCritic wrote:I hope they follow through on all of it...it is easy to forget details like that if one is busy...as Fergie probably is.

Let's not walk that path again - nobody can be so busy in a Chaosium sized  :wink:  company to be not able to answer polite emails from a customer for three months and waking up as soon as said customer (me  :wink: ) goes public with his frustration... I hated giving Chaosium an Atomic Wedge (did I spell that right? :?: ) - this is because it took so much time posting here - but, hey, 200 bucks are 200 bucks (the dollar is really chickening out in front of the Mighty Euro  :P  but it's still some decent amount of money...).

PreviousNext