woodgrain for sale, not
Author

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 1:25 pm 

Come on, Annie, it's just a little prank. Collecting should never be an obsession. I still respect you.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 2:21 pm 

Better watch it Frank, he might know where your Mum parks your house.

Cheers,
Malcolm

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 7:35 pm 

I don't get it.........

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 9:07 pm 

You know, there doesn't seem to be any real harm intended here. Sometimes feelings do get hurt nonetheless, and feathers get a bit ruffled, but I've done a couple of deals with Frank and he was really good,  as well as being extremely friendly and outgoing. I do not know Bombadil at all but his attitude and overall conduct here seem to live up to those of his namesake. I get the feeling from the followup "nah" post that maybe you aren't as serious about it all, Aneoth? I hope so, and I also hope you don't think I'm disregarding your feelings if they are hurt. I've been on the bum end of the stick a few times when it comes to jokes- I am a simple fellow and I couldn't tell a decent joke if it meant the firing squad. I just don't get the feeling there was really any malice aforethought involved on either of the two merry pranksters parts.

A fellow I know was the recipient of probably the ugliest practical joke I've ever heard....he was camping and one of his drunk pals thought it would be cute to take a dump in his outstretched palm while he was asleep by the fire.....he then proceeded to wake up with a faceful o' feces, as he wiped his face and mouth in his sleep...the stink woke him up.....at least the only crap on your face is figurative, Aneoth.....anyway, it is not my business, but I really like reading your posts and I hope you stick around.

Thanks.

Bree-Yark!

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 9:15 pm 

Crapped in his hand. That is absolutely classic! A bit raunchier than I would usually go, but still hilarious.
I, as usual, am not very serious about any of my posts. I do, however, have an ingrained tendency to poke a raw, bloody wound. Sorry, Annie, nothing personal.

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 12:33 pm 

I overreacted to this "prank", as such I offer my apologies to those who were involved for my response.

Stephen I have sent you a PM.

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 1:21 pm 

No apology necessary.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 1:47 pm 

John, you don't owe anyone any apologies, especially low-lifes like Frank (just kidding).

We should all be inspired by your integrity.  

And thanks for the PM, well-composed and laden with food for thought.   :wink:

Let mirth prevail!

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 4:30 pm 

Personally I don't find it offensive nor was it IMHO a funny gag.  

What I do find interesting is that we find it very easy to point gags at those people we respect, trust and are friends.  I would have thought those were the people you didn't intentionally or unintentionally try and hurt.  :wink:

"... and may I remind you that this ain't the end. I can still kick some ass." - Tom Petty

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 4:56 pm 

Well, I have to admit, I'm committed to preventing people from taking themselves too seriously (though that comment isn't aimed at anyone in particular here, it's just a "life philosophy"), including myself!

And I also subscribe to the school of thought that states the highest form of humor is the ability to laugh at oneself.

But of course I feel shitty whenever my actions hurt innocent people.  I apologized to Aneoth in a PM.  He's a good guy, and I don't want him to leave because of my assinine pranks.

Let mirth prevail!

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 5:09 pm 

bombadil wrote:Well, I have to admit, I'm committed to preventing people from taking themselves too seriously (though that comment isn't aimed at anyone in particular here, it's just a "life philosophy"), including myself!

And I also subscribe to the school of thought that states the highest form of humor is the ability to laugh at oneself.

But of course I feel shitty whenever my actions hurt innocent people.  I apologized to Aneoth in a PM.  He's a good guy, and I don't want him to leave because of my assinine pranks.

I'm not a big fan of pranks myself.  But in this case I think there were plenty of red flags, so it was "fair".  The pranks/hoaxs I hate are the ones that prey on someone's innate sense of goodness or helpfulness to humiliate someone...like, someone asking for help and then proceeding to make a fool out of the good samaritan (some of the reality shows revel in this behavior).

Mike B

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 5:42 pm 

bombadil wrote:Well, I have to admit, I'm committed to preventing people from taking themselves too seriously (though that comment isn't aimed at anyone in particular here, it's just a "life philosophy"), including myself!

There is no question that I Overreacted to this situation. A joke is a joke and I am the one who took this one too seriously, as has been pointed out by several members of the forum here.

With this prank, my collectors saliva was dripping in a flood state up at the thought of possibly obtaining not only a early print woody, but a First Edition Chainmail too!! 8O   In that regard it was a succesful prank.

I was actually hoping for the Chainmail more than the woody as I already have an early woody in my now meager collection. However, about 2 years ago I allowed my NEar Mint First Edition Chainmail to go to another Acaeum member in a fair trade deal and if I ever get the chance to obtain another.......... well..... lets just say that you folks might want to visit your local lending institution for a loan........ That is if you plan to thrash my bid.

As I have before, I may at some point in the future disappear for a while but if so, it will be for OTHER reasons.

And much like other bad pennies I will turn up again..... and again......... and again.........

Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 6:10 pm 

With this prank, my collectors saliva was dripping in a flood state up at the thought of possibly obtaining not only a early print woody, but a First Edition Chainmail too!!

Don't be too disappointed then, as the Chainmail was just a second edition:

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 6:26 pm 

bombadil wrote:But of course I feel shitty whenever my actions hurt innocent people.  I apologized to Aneoth in a PM.  He's a good guy, and I don't want him to leave because of my assinine pranks.

Aneoth is definitely a nice guy.  So are you Bombadil!  None of that is changed by what has happend.  In fact I would suggest that you two are probably better friends after this.  Or at the very least understand each other better.   :wink:

bombadil wrote:And I also subscribe to the school of thought that states the highest form of humor is the ability to laugh at oneself.

Highly agree with this statement.  I make a fool of myself all the time.   :lol:

"... and may I remind you that this ain't the end. I can still kick some ass." - Tom Petty

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 6:49 pm 

enkidu wrote:Don't be too disappointed then, as the Chainmail was just a second edition:
[ Image ]

I had not seen that picture.  :lol:  :lol:  Not sure I see it now either.......

Steve I would hope that for REAL auction listings you will try to get them in FOCUS with a real camera instead of your phone........

I already have a Second Edition Chainmail, so now I see that there was even less reason to have gotten overly excited.  :oops:

PreviousNext