woodgrain for sale, not
Author

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 7:59 pm 

** expired/removed eBay auction **

What's a "potato wedger"?  And why bother to pay e-bay the

extra fees for a starting price and a 10 day listing?  ;-)

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 8:22 pm 

No, No, No....nothing to see here.  Just some worthless "European manuscripts" all smoke infested.  No need to look at this one. Hell, the photo's so small, why even bother. This isn't the item you're looking for....move along, move along.   :wink:

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 8:31 pm 

seeyouinescrow wrote:No, No, No....nothing to see here.  Just some worthless "European manuscripts" all smoke infested.  No need to look at this one. Hell, the photo's so small, why even bother. This isn't the item you're looking for....move along, move along.   :wink:

I'll second that  :lol:

"Ah, you seek meaning? Then listen to the music, not the song."

"I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 8:44 pm 

That listing absolutely screams of SCAM.  Good luck to anyone who bids on that and wants to play the lottery.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 8:54 pm 

bclarkie wrote:That listing absolutely screams of SCAM.  Good luck to anyone who bids on that and wants to play the lottery.

You may be right BC...I've been making some inquiries throughout the day, and haven't gotten any definative info yet...

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 8:56 pm 

Scam. Setting fire to your money would actually save you time.

Look at the user ID (break it up into words), look at the feedback (none of which is from buyers), look at the tiny photo (if you can find it), and look at the overall professionalism of the listing (hint: there is none). Now ask yourself: "is this a seller I can trust?"

I can't remember the last time I saw so many red flags in a single listing.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 8:57 pm 

Some guy supposedly sold one a while ago for over $400 dollars.
 :roll:

Couple of people have asked and yest the chainmail has a yellow-orange cover with a guy on a horse hacking at another dude.
 :P

Gerry Gygax
 :lol:

This shit is priceless.  :D

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 9:07 pm 

Kingofpain89 wrote:
Gerry Gygax

This shit is priceless.  :D

Actually King I am glad that you pointed that out as I missed it the first time reading through it.  That right there may in fact be the proving point that this is just a scam.  There is no way that if he was continually going back to check the condition of the items for people asking him that he would have made that mistake.  

This really remids me of that guy last year who ripped off the picture from the site and would not provide any other details of it.  IIRC, Foul was actually the reason that one came down because he filed a complaint with Ebay for the stolen picture.  The one last year was a guy located in Ohio, so I don;t think that its the same guy, but it still has so many similarities its pretty scary.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Last edited by bclarkie on Thu Feb 08, 2007 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 9:08 pm 

Xaxaxe wrote:look at the tiny photo

He said he took it with his cell phone :)

Xaxaxe wrote: look at the overall professionalism of the listing (hint: there is none)

Perhaps it is only a kid who founnd this boxed set in his father room and list it before his father come back to home  :wink:

It will be interesting to bid on it, if it stays to a reasonable price, I like the lottery! My best finds were in similar cases...

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 9:11 pm 

This really remids me of that guy last year who ripped off the picture from the site and would not provide any other details of it.  IIRC, Foul was actually the reason that one came down because he filed a complaint with Ebay for the stolen picture.  The one last year was a guy located in Ohio, so I don;t think that its the same guy, but it still has so many similarities its pretty scary.

Then again, wouldn't it be a more effective scam if the thing was actually listed properly?

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 9:14 pm 

Sea-to-sky-games wrote:Then again, wouldn't it be a more effective scam if the thing was actually listed properly?

Go ahead and bid it up then, my man.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 9:16 pm 

Come on its all positive feedback and it has a picture... yes it is over a 2 week period 8 months ago so you can't see what was bought, but most of them sell womans underwear, and yes a couple of them do have private feedback, and yes the list is very unprofessional and not very descriptive or nicly worded and yes you do need a microscope to actually see what it is you are actually buying, and yes its listed in the totally wrong section of ebay... but you have to look all past that and ask one question, can I drive to Lawrence KS or does anyone know anyone that lives there...

Brette:)

(and its not April 1st yet!)

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 9:19 pm 

Go ahead and bid it up then, my man.

Merely observing that if it's a scam then it's a really bad, ineffective one.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 9:21 pm 

Holy god, "Sports"!  I love it!

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Let mirth prevail!

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 9:21 pm 

beasterbrook wrote:Come on its all positive feedback and it has a picture... yes it is over a 2 week period 8 months ago so you can't see what was bought, but most of them sell womans underwear, and yes a couple of them do have private feedback, and yes the list is very unprofessional and not very descriptive or nicly worded and yes you do need a microscope to actually see what it is you are actually buying, and yes its listed in the totally wrong section of ebay... but you have to look all past that and ask one question, can I drive to Lawrence KS or does anyone know anyone that lives there...

Brette:)

Heh, yeah here is what was bought under this user ID that you can still pull up:

Super long link 1

Super long link 2

Super long link 3

Super long link 4

Yeah, this is exactly who I want to be buying my woodgrain from. :roll:

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 9:23 pm 

I should also point out that this seller changed ther User ID the same day this auction went up. :roll:

<edit>

Also, to add to the fire the seller's previous name iwas sporon1965.  Then take a look at what a sporon is:

May not be safe for work

Last edited by bclarkie on Thu Feb 08, 2007 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 9:25 pm 

Seriously, the seller is only a size 8. You can take him... or it.

Last edited by Sea-to-sky-games on Thu Feb 08, 2007 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 9:25 pm 

Unreal ... it's a forest of red flags! :)

Next