Feedback When to leave it or not to leave it
Author

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 12:45 pm 

ah but when you have someone like BC around who can sniff a rat at 50,000 yards and someone very impulsive like me, you have the perfect combination :D

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 12:47 pm 

napoleonsdad wrote:

Distance and relative anonymity created by ebay and the internet serves to empower these types.  If this guy were to deal with me face to face he would crap his drawers.  I bet he's a little pipsqueak.

actually thinking about it, you want to get Martin in on the act (prufrock).....hes like 8 foot tall and built like a sherman tank....

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Active Collector

Post Posted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 1:23 pm 

Its always amazed me to read about how buyers seem to go nuts over not receiving thier items within a couple of days when they should know that the seller is most likely several states away or even a continent away.

I guess I have been lucky the times I have used ebay. I have had great sellers who deserved the feedback that I left. They communicated with me beforehand, answered any questions I might have. I always leave feedback after receiving the item. I need to know that this is the item I have purchased. Thats just common sense.

Maraudar

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 1:50 pm 

Its always amazed me to read about how buyers seem to go nuts over not receiving thier items within a couple of days when they should know that the seller is most likely several states away or even a continent away.

Yes, buyers do tend to go a little nuts waiting for things to arrive but that's not the point.  Here is the point.  I win 2 auctions and pay for them right away.  Some 3 weeks go by and I have not heard word one from the seller.  Was I thanked?  No.  Was I told there was going to be a delay?  No.  Was there an emergency that the seller had to attend to?  I don't know but the seller did have time to list additional items to sell so my guess is no.  I send out 2 emails in the next 10 days and get no reply.  What am I supposed to think?  In my mind that is terrible customer service.  The items arrive and are good so I leave a positive FB although I mention the poor service.  And I get a negative in return?

Really I don't think it's unreasonable for a buyer to expect a little acknowledgement when they buy or win an auction.  Thanking me is what I prefer but anything will suffice but just acknowledge the fact that I exist.  Now let's reverse the scenario and you tell me what would happen if I, the buyer, did not pay nor did I communicate.  I would have to incur the wrath of an angry seller and I can guarantee you that they would not sit by patiently for 3 weeks.

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 1:53 pm 

With a 94.7% feedback rating.
68 feedbacks and 4 are negs, about a dozen more are neurtal, and four more (Most likely negs)  were pulled off by mutual agreement..............

I would not even bid on any of his listings.   :roll:  Especially since all of the auctions he had that I viewed were truly COMMON enough to find almost any day on E-Bay.

Trying to deal with an idiot for a Monstrous Manual? Sheece...... every day folks....... go with any other seller.

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 1:58 pm 

napoleonsdad wrote:
Yes, buyers do tend to go a little nuts waiting for things to arrive but that's not the point.  Here is the point.  I win 2 auctions and pay for them right away.  Some 3 weeks go by and I have not heard word one from the seller.  Was I thanked?  No.  Was I told there was going to be a delay?  No.  Was there an emergency that the seller had to attend to?  I don't know but the seller did have time to list additional items to sell so my guess is no.  I send out 2 emails in the next 10 days and get no reply.  What am I supposed to think?  In my mind that is terrible customer service.  The items arrive and are good so I leave a positive FB although I mention the poor service.  And I get a negative in return?

Really I don't think it's unreasonable for a buyer to expect a little acknowledgement when they buy or win an auction.  Thanking me is what I prefer but anything will suffice but just acknowledge the fact that I exist.  Now let's reverse the scenario and you tell me what would happen if I, the buyer, did not pay nor did I communicate.  I would have to incur the wrath of an angry seller and I can guarantee you that they would not sit by patiently for 3 weeks.

I agree with you G. It would be one thing if it was a week and nothing arrived, but to have to wait three weeks with not so much as a note from the seller letting you now about the delay is just bad service.  To make matters worse, he ignored two seperate emails from asking the status of the order after 3 weeks had already passed, all while this jack ass is still listing other auctions.  Nah, this seller is a turd, really no two ways about it.  His piss poor feedback is certainly well earned and I stand by previous comments about ploting a little revenge attack to even the score plus one.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Active Collector

Post Posted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 2:35 pm 

Sorry napoleonsdad I wasnt refering to you. I was thinking of some of the other stuff that I had read concerning people who go nuts over stuff they have bought and immediately start demanding to know why it hasnt arrived.

You have an entirely different case. Being stuck for 3 weeks with no communication from the seller is bullsh*t. Even after you have tried to get a hold of the seller youve got nothing back yet. The fact that you havent shown up the dickheads doorstep with a baseball bat and a smile is his good fortune.  I should have been more clear about what I was refering to.  

Maraudar

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 3:00 pm 

napoleonsdad wrote:

Distance and relative anonymity created by ebay and the internet serves to empower these types.  If this guy were to deal with me face to face he would crap his drawers.  I bet he's a little pipsqueak.

You know, you can leave follow up feedback to feedback you have already left, even if it's positive.  Go ahead and do it, dickhead has already burned his bridges.  Say something like "Avoid this buyer, Negged me after I left him a positive, terrible service".  Nothing he can do about it either.....

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 3:04 pm 

Mike beat me to it — yes, by all means, use the follow-up feature. It's an entirely under-rated eBay feature that, in many cases, says a lot more about that particular user than the initial feedback entry. For proof, see some of the follow-up entries left for our least-favorite feline ...

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 3:24 pm 

Sorry napoleonsdad I wasnt refering to you. I was thinking of some of the other stuff that I had read concerning people who go nuts over stuff they have bought and immediately start demanding to know why it hasnt arrived.

And I apologize if it sounded like I was going off on you.  I'm not.  Funny though one time I voiced my opinions about sellers who ignore their buyers in an ebay thread and I received a thrashing from many sellers.  They seemed to think a 3 or 4 week delay in response was reasonable.  Sometimes I think I come from a different world.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 3:28 pm 

napoleonsdad wrote:in an ebay thread

eBay's forums are as useless as tits on a boar. They are best ignored.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 4:45 pm 

napoleonsdad wrote:From now on I won't leave a FB to a seller unless it's completely positive and warranted.  I'm not willing to take the hits for honestly expressing what I feel or to window dress what I say in fear of taking a hit.

Fortunately I don't think the feedback will make a dent in you 917 feedback score  :wink:

Plus if I was checking your feedback to buy from you then I would see the other guys and realise that he is a complete schmuck! Only an asshat seller would leave a neg feedback to a positive. IMHO I won't buy from a seller that attacks customers ... just bad business!

Why don't you ask ebay to investigate and remove.  You have proof via the ebay message system that he didn't respond....?

"... and may I remind you that this ain't the end. I can still kick some ass." - Tom Petty

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 4:52 pm 

napoleonsdad wrote:
And I apologize if it sounded like I was going off on you.  I'm not.  Funny though one time I voiced my opinions about sellers who ignore their buyers in an ebay thread and I received a thrashing from many sellers.  They seemed to think a 3 or 4 week delay in response was reasonable.  Sometimes I think I come from a different world.

There are circumstances where a 3 or 4 week delay could be reasonable.  

For example:

1. The seller was hospitalised (not you creep you are full of shit  :evil: )
2. Seller sent the item went on a holiday and the item and was lost in the mail while he was gone (not you cougar )

However, these cases are rare and I haven't come across a valid delay in responses yet.

Don't forget you also need to double check SPAM filters ... etc.  email is NOT a guaranteed service!

"... and may I remind you that this ain't the end. I can still kick some ass." - Tom Petty

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 4:58 pm 

improvstone wrote:
There are circumstances where a 3 or 4 week delay could be reasonable.  

For example:

1. The seller was hospitalised (not you creep you are full of shit  :evil: )
2. Seller sent the item went on a holiday and the item and was lost in the mail while he was gone (not you cougar )

However, these cases are rare and I haven't come across a valid delay in responses yet.

Don't forget you also need to double check SPAM filters ... etc.  email is NOT a guaranteed service!

Personally, two traumatic events in my life, the death of my father four years ago and 6 years ago a fall which broke both thumbs, a wrist and fractured an elbow, I was able to get all my orders out in timely fashion if not maybe a week or two late.  Nothing like 3-4 weeks behind schedule.....and in the accident case, I had one arm in a sling and the other in a cast, and was still able to put packages together!!!

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 3:37 am 

I just waited 23 days for an order to arrive.

I contacted the seller after 20 days and said, basically...."Hey, mistakes happen.  All I need is for you to communicate with me."

I got the order today...with an extra item thrown in.  Patience and courtesy can pay off.

Mark

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 11:47 pm 

Hello All,

Not sure if this is the right thread, but I just needed to vent. A few weeks ago I purchased several modules from a seller: Coppercent. Here are the links to the items:

CA2:  
** expired/removed eBay auction **

UK2:  

UK5:  

UK7:  

The description about them coming from storage made me cautious, but I did not learn until later that the seller bought these from a closed storage unit. The CA2 was in original shrink, but the shrink was brittle and discolored. The UK2 was in Fine+ condition, no complaints. The UK5 was in okay condition, but had writing in pencil on one page, several large stains on the last & second to last page, plus the staples were completely rusted & stained the inside cover. The UK7 was in pretty good condition, but had a small stain on the cover (monkeys face), the lower pages were all wrinkled as if from water damage, plus the lower staple was also completely rusted & stained the inside cover, which is not how it was represented, nor how she answered my question about its condition.

She agreed to accept the UK5 & UK7 back for a full refund, so I placed them in new bags with boards and sent them to her. She refunded my payment and I left the following Positive feedback:

"Fast ship, good package, condition not as described, but seller corrected."

For the two returned items, she posted the following replies, in all caps:

"ITEM WAS EXACTLY AS DESCRIBED, I RESOLD WITH NO PROBLEM"

"BOUGHT 4 AND RETURNED THE MOST EXPENSIVE"

In addition, she leaves me a Neutral feedback as follows:

"RETURNED BOOKS,SD CONDITION BAD, NOT TRUE RESOLD NO PROBLEM"

I just had a message exchange with her (MISTAKE) as I had asked why she felt it was necessary to leave a Neutral FB with negative comments. Now she is threatening to leave me Negative FB. Here are the psycho witches messages:

1st - "My feedback was based on the transaction between you and me. I had several of the D & D books and thought maybe I had overlooked the condition. I gave you benefit of doubt until I got the books back in my hand to see the condition. My husband and I both agree that these book were in great condition. I considered negative feedback, but hated to mess up your 100% and it would not have benefited me either. Although you left positive feedback, you still included negative comments for me. I did not leave any until you did. Marie"

2nd - "It said condition not as described, same as saying I LIED, didn't tell the truth-can't be trusted to give correct description (sounds negative to me). Like I said, once I got the books back in my hands, I rechecked the conditions and I still feel that the books were in great condition. The staple may not have been shiny, but big deal. I have resold the books so I cannot be sure of the age, but I believe they were around 25 years old. I wouldn't expect a perfectly new staple after 25 years of being around. Marie"

3rd - "I just read several of the feedbacks you have left for others. Many, many, many of them says condition not as described, but seller corrected. Looks like it might be a habit with you. I do have one feedback left I can give you and I am considering it!! Marie"

Here are the messages I sent her that apparently were so harsh, that she felt it necessary to threaten me:

1st - "Marie,

What was the point of leaving me a Neutral feedback? I returned the items to you boarded & in a brand new bag, not the musty ones I received the items in. I was honest saying that the items were not as described. I did not say they were bad. My feedback was positive because you refunded me for the returned items, now you hit me with negative comments and a Neutral feedback. It is amazing how I have pages of extremely positive feedback from good sellers . . . maybe you should have looked through the feedback before rushing to judgment."

2nd - "I am sorry that you construed my comments as negative. I simply said: Fast ship, good package, condition not as described, but seller corrected. The other two items I left the following: Fast ship, good packaging, very nice condition, & a great deal - Thank You.

How you take any of that as negative and how that warrants ALL CAPS saying: RETURNED BOOKS,SD CONDITION BAD, NOT TRUE RESOLD NO PROBLEM is not something I can understand.

Regards - Paul"

How do I contact eBay and send them the message from her threatening me with a Negative FB that she has withheld. like a gun pointed at my temple :evil:  :!:  :evil:  :?:

BTW, she is re-selling the crappy UK7, so does anyone here know the current bidder, so that he can ask to have his bid withdrawn:

In addition, when I opened the CA2, I could see that it had been exposed to moisture/water, even while in S/W and the top staple was completely rusted.

Thanks,

"Okay, we turn the corner and see a Purple 'WHAT' !?!" . . (the DM rolls a 20 or so he says) . . It all went black right after that.

[email protected]

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 2:08 am 

My message to the seller:

"Hi! Is there any water damage to this book?"

I wonder what she'll say.

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 9:16 am 

FormCritic wrote:My message to the seller:

"Hi! Is there any water damage to this book?"

I wonder what she'll say.

Well, that may not have been a good idea. She has now left me a NEGATIVE FB and on one of the items that I kept, not returned. I am so infuriated I could :twisted:  . . .

I am going to try contacting eBay about unfair FB and threatening me with NEG FB for no just cause, other than the fact she is a F***ING IGNORANT BOTTOM FEEDER living off storage auctions.

If anyone can offer me some insight to the inner workings of eBay, like BC :wink: , maybe I can get this reversed, but I am NOT contacting this PSYCHO WITCH QUEEN anymore.

So much for trying to be nice & fair :roll:

"Okay, we turn the corner and see a Purple 'WHAT' !?!" . . (the DM rolls a 20 or so he says) . . It all went black right after that.

[email protected]

PreviousNext