Old Random Thoughts or OT Chit-Chat Thread
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 52 of 111123 ... 49, 50, 51, 52, 53 ... 109110111
Author

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 5:13 am 

improvstone wrote:
Cool .... My only regret is not being there to join you ....  

Maybe I can role play via Skype.  I could be the disembodied head in the corner  :lol:

have a word with badmike - hes gonna be the internet bod i think :)

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:18 am 

PayPal sucks. This is the fifth time I have tried to set up my account with them, and each time, they are unable to verify my bank account, which I find absolutely shocking since its with one of the world's largest banks, and likely the largest in the US. At least I was able to get myself an eBay account (yay 0 feedback!) Oh well. I'll give them a few more days and see if anything happens, and if not, I'm going to smack them on the head.

Those who can, don't. Those who should not, do.

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 11:15 am 

Would it work better with a credit card as a basis for your paypal account?  That is how I started.  Although admittedly that was a wee while ago and they have changed their practices a little since (cue, theme music from Jaws).  Good luck!

Let's go fly a kite
Up to the highest height!

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 11:28 am 

Oh yeah, I set up the CC, which ties directly into the bank account, but it still lists me as unverified. I'm impressed, to say the least, at the amazing technology of suckitude. I do not, and will not, have another credit card so I can't use that.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 11:57 am 

serleran wrote:Oh yeah, I set up the CC, which ties directly into the bank account, but it still lists me as unverified. I'm impressed, to say the least, at the amazing technology of suckitude. I do not, and will not, have another credit card so I can't use that.

Serl, in order to verify your paypal account you have to provide them with your bank account number and your accounts routing number(its should be the first nine numbers on the bottom of your check).  From there Paypal will send 2 ACH deposits(electronic deposits to your account), each in amount of less than $1.  This usually takes anywhere from 3 to 4 days for your account to receive them.  Once those two deposits are made to your Bank Account, you have to go back into Paypal and input their ammounts into their system.  Assuming that you enter these amounts correctly, this will verify to Paypal that the deposits were in fact made into a valid Bank Account and they will update your Paypal accounts status to "Verfied".  They will do so any other way, even if you are using your bank accounts Debit Card as its not the same.  :)

*Yes I worked at a bank for almost 7 years, so I know how it works all to well....*

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 1:34 am 

Youtube Video of Elmore if anone is interested ....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKWm9wCR25E&mode=related&search=

"... and may I remind you that this ain't the end. I can still kick some ass." - Tom Petty

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 5:03 am 

I didn't realise this article on Patricia Pulling and BADD existed in Wikipedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patricia_Pulling

This really cracked me up:

As the popularity of D&D and other role-playing games increased, Pulling's more extreme views and statements were increasingly called into question. For example, she once told a newspaper reporter that eight percent of the people living in Richmond, Virginia were Satanists. She had arrived at that figure, she explained, by estimating four percent of adults and four percent of teens to be involved with Satanism, and adding them together to get eight percent. When the reporter informed her that mathematically that was four percent[2], not eight percent, she claimed that it did not matter because even eight percent was a "conservative" figure.

"... and may I remind you that this ain't the end. I can still kick some ass." - Tom Petty

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 10:28 am 

1k user get. welcome pepper :D :D

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 1:54 pm 

improvstone wrote:Youtube Video of Elmore if anone is interested ....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKWm9wCR25E&mode=related&search=

I wish it was longer. I love Elmore's work, and Clyde Caldwell.

"We were put on this Earth to fart around."
                            - Kurt Vonnegut

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 5:56 pm 

- Youtube Video of Elmore if anone is interested ....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKWm9wCR25E&mode=related&search=[/quote]
thanks missed that post. looks like larry finally has monkey off his back. sorry flash on center pic

Last edited by Rakeesh sah Tarna on Mon Aug 20, 2007 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 5:59 pm 

I'm finally not a zero eBayer. I managed to get something without being sniped (damnit, the last 13 auctions have all ended with me being outbid in the last 5 seconds... arg!) but that's ok, because I actually won two things in a row basically. Yay! Got myself T.H.E. Fighter GM2 and what should be all three volumes of Van Richten's Monster Hunter's Compendiums.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 6:01 pm 

- Yay! Got myself T.H.E. Fighter GM2 and what should be all three volumes of Van Richten's Monster Hunter's Compendiums.[/quote]
grats serleran. outbid to sniper is too easy almost :roll: :roll:

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 6:07 pm 

serleran wrote:I'm finally not a zero eBayer. I managed to get something without being sniped (damnit, the last 13 auctions have all ended with me being outbid in the last 5 seconds... arg!) but that's ok, because I actually won two things in a row basically. Yay! Got myself T.H.E. Fighter GM2 and what should be all three volumes of Van Richten's Monster Hunter's Compendiums.

Well done Serleran!  Being outbid in the last 5 seconds happens to all of us.  

Ususally, on the thing we really want the most.   :wink:

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 7:31 pm 

improvstone wrote:Ususally, on the thing we really want the most.   :wink:

I find it's usually on something I'd like to have, but that I'm not pay too much for.  And then I promptly get outbid at the last second and it still goes for a significant amount below normal value, just not to me. :roll:

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 7:41 pm 

serleran wrote:I'm finally not a zero eBayer. I managed to get something without being sniped (damnit, the last 13 auctions have all ended with me being outbid in the last 5 seconds... arg!) but that's ok, because I actually won two things in a row basically. Yay! Got myself T.H.E. Fighter GM2 and what should be all three volumes of Van Richten's Monster Hunter's Compendiums.

www.auctionsniper.com

You get the first three snipes for free.  After that, you put like maybe $5 on account and most of your snipes cost 25 cents.

Totally accurate, easy to use and KAPOW!  You snipe or get sniped and even losing can be fun.

Better yet, when you place a snipe rather than bidding early you keep the price down and you still have the option to remove your planned snipe up until the very last second.

Also, no one can look over your shoulder using the "Ebay Gross Violation of Privacy" option.

Mark   8)

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 11:35 pm 

FormCritic wrote:
Better yet, when you place a snipe rather than bidding early you keep the price down and you still have the option to remove your planned snipe up until the very last second.

I haven't checked that functionality.  I do know there is a time limit before an auction when you can change your bid amount.  Something like 2 or 3 minutes before.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 11:40 pm 

Around that same time you can no longer delete your queued snipe either.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:01 am 

g026r wrote:Around that same time you can no longer delete your queued snipe either.

Thanks.  I was pretty sure there would be some limit.  The queued snipes probably get sent to another system which does the actual sniping.  Having the ability to remove snipes down to the last second would be problematic.

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 52 of 111123 ... 49, 50, 51, 52, 53 ... 109110111