Old Random Thoughts or OT Chit-Chat Thread
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 45 of 111123 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46 ... 109110111
Author

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 12:44 pm 

U.S. President George W. Bush is going to undergo a colonoscopy this Saturday.  During that time he will transfer power to Dick Cheney since he will be under anesthesia.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19872260/

I've never had a colonoscopy but how long does something like that take?  Couple of hours at the most?  Still, a few hours with Cheney at the helm of the most powerful military in the world scares the shit out of me.  That guy has one hell of an itchy trigger finger.  :roll:

On a more positive note....maybe the doctor can dislodge George's head.  :wink:

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:00 pm 

In Bush's case, they can go through either end.
This might be fun. Cheney has always wanted to take a shot at the presidency.......

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:50 pm 

Kingofpain89 wrote:U.S. President George W. Bush is going to undergo a colonoscopy this Saturday.  During that time he will transfer power to Dick Cheney since he will be under anesthesia.

I've never had a colonoscopy but how long does something like that take?  Couple of hours at the most?  Still, a few hours with Cheney at the helm of the most powerful military in the world scares the shit out of me.  That guy has one hell of an itchy trigger finger.  :roll:

:lol:

A Wizard is never late, Frodo Baggins, nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 2:20 pm 

Kingofpain89 wrote:U.S. President George W. Bush is going to undergo a colonoscopy this Saturday.  During that time he will transfer power to Dick Cheney since he will be under anesthesia.

This is what cracks me up about the vocal minority who are droning on, saying "Impeach Bush"....so, you WANT Cheney and his bionic heart as priesident? Please. Most liberals/Democrats (and some Republicans) hate that guy WORSE.

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 2:23 pm 

Badmike wrote:
This is what cracks me up about the vocal minority who are droning on, saying "Impeach Bush"....so, you WANT Cheney and his bionic heart as priesident? Please. Most liberals/Democrats (and some Republicans) hate that guy WORSE.

Mike B.

Who's third in line, anyway?  (Cheney's likely to have a heart attack at the thought of running the place.)

YIM  

Active Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 2:55 pm 

deimos3428 wrote:Who's third in line, anyway?  (Cheney's likely to have a heart attack at the thought of running the place.)

Nancy Pelosi. Then Robert Byrd.

At the risk of angering some people, I will keep my comments to myself. :)

bombadil wrote:...There was a pile of heads stacked up around me at the end of every day.  Very cold work.  No gloves, blowing snow, bloody knife handle slippery as hell...

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 3:25 pm 

khartsfield wrote:At the risk of angering some people, I will keep my comments to myself. :)

Well, if anyone gets angry over a little joke, they need to lighten the hell up.  I'm a Republican, a Texan, and I voted for GW and frankly he has done some asinine shit during his time in office.  I believe I am duly entitled to poke a little fun at him.  :twisted:

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 4:18 pm 

hey we werent allowed to get into UK politics, so how is it fair to talk US politics :)

Are we nearly there yet?

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 4:27 pm 

aaah, but UK politics is all mellow now (man), since all our politicians are stoned...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/6907040.stm

Let's go fly a kite
Up to the highest height!

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 4:27 pm 

Beats me why you ever got rid of Martin Sheen.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 4:36 pm 

I am not ashamed...I'll be buying my copy of the Deathly Hallows at midnight.

Hmm, no, I don't have a gambling problem, I'm winning, and winning is not a problem. That's like saying Michael Jordan has a basketball problem, or Def Leppard has an awesomeness problem. So why don't y'all pour some sugar on that?

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 4:37 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:hey we werent allowed to get into UK politics, so how is it fair to talk US politics :)

Who's talking politics?  Mentioning a story about the prez getting a colonoscopy and at the same time commenting about him finally getting his head out of his ass is hardly "talking politics".  :D

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 4:49 pm 

Cattledog wrote:I am not ashamed...I'll be buying my copy of the Deathly Hallows at midnight.

Wooot!  Deathly Hallows!  Wooot!

We have our bracelets for the Harry Potter party at the local Barnes and Noble store tonight.  Books go out at midnight...wooot!

Sad to think the series is coming to an end.  It has been a fun ride.  :cry:

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 5:07 pm 

FormCritic wrote:
Wooot!  Deathly Hallows!  Wooot!

We have our bracelets for the Harry Potter party at the local Barnes and Noble store tonight.  Books go out at midnight...wooot!

Sad to think the series is coming to an end.  It has been a fun ride.  :cry:

i thought the last film was absolute pants

Are we nearly there yet?

Active Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 5:07 pm 

Few books or series of books have meant as much to me as Harry Potter. I'm actually a little nervous waiting.

Hmm, no, I don't have a gambling problem, I'm winning, and winning is not a problem. That's like saying Michael Jordan has a basketball problem, or Def Leppard has an awesomeness problem. So why don't y'all pour some sugar on that?

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 5:27 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:
i thought the last film was absolute pants

And thanks again to the English-to-American dictionary, I understand this :)

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 5:35 pm 

I just watched what has been labeled by the announcers as "the greatest moment in American sports" - how many of you saw this too?  Joey Chestnut has defeated Kobayashi in the great American Independence Day classic to bring the title back home after a 9 year drought.  Kobayashi had won the past 6 six years but was defeated this year with a world record setting 66 hot dogs to Kobayashi's 63 (which also beat the previous world record).  It amazes me how much these can stuff down their throats in 12 minutes.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 7:19 pm 

Plaag wrote:
And thanks again to the English-to-American dictionary, I understand this :)

ShaneG.

I guess the producers of the film can kiss Al's chuddies...

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 45 of 111123 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46 ... 109110111