Old Random Thoughts or OT Chit-Chat Thread
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 38 of 111123 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39 ... 109110111
Author

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 10:39 am 

hi folks

the final instalment of my MDS journal is now up, if anyone is interested in reading:

http://alansilcock.blogspot.com/

i also have it saved in a word document format, if anyone would like it as a whole, to either read like that or pass to someone.

thanks once again for all your interest and support - always very grateful.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 10:53 am 

lucyjoyce wrote:Click on the row below the one you want to fix.  Then click on "Window" and then "Freeze Panes".

Thanks!!!  :D

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 1:55 pm 

lucyjoyce wrote:Could it have been Woops!?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0103583/

Did they seriously not even spell the word right? For their own show?

I mean, it's not the Queen's English or anything, but I think we'd all agree that "whoops" definitely has an "h."

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 4:34 pm 

This is interesting on two levels:

eBay announces strict rules on Apple iPhone sales

1. eBay is about 10 weeks too late to the dance here. There's been fake iPhone listings on their site every day — I've personally reported about a dozen.

2. Check out those rules! I can't remember eBay ever specifying anything like that before.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 4:43 pm 

Heh, triply interesting since you read it! :) You're supposed to use your script-bot to make sure such things don't happen again, damnit. Can't yours click little EULA boxes? :)

Those who can, don't. Those who should not, do.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 4:20 pm 

I have bought Martin's last book in french (Song of Fire and Ice serie). There is a note on the book, and some buzz on the web...:

HBO has acquired the rights to turn George R.R. Martin's series "A Song of Fire & Ice" into a dramatic series !

"Fire" will shoot in Europe or New Zealand.
It seems that G.R.R Martin, a former TV writer, will work on the script.

One book, one season !  :D

I really think that this is a great story. And I really think that ROME, by HBO, is one of the most exciting series I have ever seen.

:D

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 2:08 am 

If you get the chance, head over to Dragonsfoot and read my experience at the 'Lake Geneva Gaming Convention' this weekend...

http://www.dragonsfoot.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=23911

(pics link toward the bottom)

Un-freaking-real...

Kim

bombadil wrote:...There was a pile of heads stacked up around me at the end of every day.  Very cold work.  No gloves, blowing snow, bloody knife handle slippery as hell...

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 2:34 am 

khartsfield wrote:If you get the chance, head over to Dragonsfoot and read my experience at the 'Lake Geneva Gaming Convention' this weekend...

Un-freaking-real...

Kim

Sounds very, very cool.  I am going to have to work something out next year or the one after....it would be the adventure of a lifetime!

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 10:56 am 

khartsfield wrote:If you get the chance, head over to Dragonsfoot and read my experience at the 'Lake Geneva Gaming Convention' this weekend...

Un-freaking-real...

Kim

Is everyone who is signed up for the convention also invited to Gary's house?

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 11:02 am 

FormCritic wrote:
Is everyone who is signed up for the convention also invited to Gary's house?

Yep. Actually, you didn't even have to be signed-up. Some people signed up the next morning at the Con.

bombadil wrote:...There was a pile of heads stacked up around me at the end of every day.  Very cold work.  No gloves, blowing snow, bloody knife handle slippery as hell...

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 1:05 pm 

Thought I would throw this out there...

If anyone has the opportunity to go see The Police in concert during their tour...don't hesitate to get tickets.  I went to the first Dallas show last night and it was well worth the twenty-three year wait.  They didnt play any of Sting's solo stuff and it was just the three of them which is exactly what I was hoping for.

If anything Andy Summers and Stewart Copeland are better musicians now that they were back in the 80's.  And Sting...well Sting is the same as he ever was.

Three encores...pretty damn awesome.  :cyclopsani:

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 3:00 pm 

Kingofpain89 wrote:Thought I would throw this out there...

If anyone has the opportunity to go see The Police in concert during their tour...don't hesitate to get tickets.  I went to the first Dallas show last night and it was well worth the twenty-three year wait.  They didnt play any of Sting's solo stuff and it was just the three of them which is exactly what I was hoping for.

If anything Andy Summers and Stewart Copeland are better musicians now that they were back in the 80's.  And Sting...well Sting is the same as he ever was.

Three encores...pretty damn awesome.  :cyclopsani:

We're gonna go see them in Cleveland. Unfortunately, they're playing the same night as Ratdog and Keller Williams, two artists I really enjoy. I was hoping the Police might do an Oysterhead song (that the trio w/ Stewart Copeland, Trey Anastasio of Phish and Les Claypool of Primus), but so far it's not looking like it. I'm also planning on recording it. There have been some recordings filtering down the BitTorrent pipeline from the tour recently.

"We were put on this Earth to fart around."
                            - Kurt Vonnegut

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 5:09 pm 

silver_beetle wrote:
We're gonna go see them in Cleveland. Unfortunately, they're playing the same night as Ratdog and Keller Williams, two artists I really enjoy. I was hoping the Police might do an Oysterhead song (that the trio w/ Stewart Copeland, Trey Anastasio of Phish and Les Claypool of Primus), but so far it's not looking like it. I'm also planning on recording it. There have been some recordings filtering down the BitTorrent pipeline from the tour recently.

I'm going to be there tonight...can't wait...this'll be the 3rd or 4th time I've seen them (the last time was over 20 years ago) and I don't have a lot of good memories of the last show, I think the band was falling apart by then. As a plus, I won't be drunk out of my mind this time around (ah, to be young again...).  It's the first BIG concert I've seen this century...the first my wife's seen since she saw ELO in 1979  8O   Hopefully it will create some good memories.

Mike B.

NTRPGCON

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:25 am 

Badmike wrote:
I'm going to be there tonight...can't wait...this'll be the 3rd or 4th time I've seen them (the last time was over 20 years ago) and I don't have a lot of good memories of the last show, I think the band was falling apart by then. As a plus, I won't be drunk out of my mind this time around (ah, to be young again...).  It's the first BIG concert I've seen this century...the first my wife's seen since she saw ELO in 1979  8O   Hopefully it will create some good memories.

Mike B.

I wouldn't be going if it wasn't for my wife.

"We were put on this Earth to fart around."
                            - Kurt Vonnegut

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 11:15 am 

Badmike wrote:

Mike B.

It turned out to be a very good show, it was basically a greatest hits album with no bum notes.  The band sounded tight and everyone looked great, my wife fell in love with Sting all over again (during the 80's, EVERYONE'S girlfriend was in love with Sting, they used to sigh whenever one of his videos played on MTV...).  The audience was a bunch of dinosaurs, where we fit in perfectly (we were actually about the average age of most viewers I thought).  The funniest thing was watching the families...Mon, Dad and two kid units...the parents obviously long time Police fans, the kids bored because the singer didn't have a strippers outfit on and wasn't lipsynching music....when the parents started DANCING!!! (GASP!) and the kids had to hide their heads in shame... :lol:

It'll be a few years yet before they realize that, yes, mommy and daddy got drunk, got stoned, screwed people, and partied....just like YOU are going to do someday.  I suppose every generation has to think THEY invented getting wild and having a good time...

Mike B.

NTRPGCON

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 1:19 pm 

The Apocalypse has officially begun:

http://music.msn.com/music/article.aspx ... 3&GT1=7702

:puker:

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 1:41 pm 

Kingofpain89 wrote:The Apocalypse has officially begun:

yeah well they are prb down to their last £20m each so they need to top it up.

and you know what? the muppets will flock and make it a success too, you watch.

shouldnt be allowed.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 2:45 pm 

Kingofpain89 wrote:The Apocalypse has officially begun:

11 shows built around babies and childcare...to hawk their greatest hits album.

Sounds like they will do better with the concerts than with the album.

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 38 of 111123 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39 ... 109110111