Old Random Thoughts or OT Chit-Chat Thread
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 4 of 11112, 3, 4, 5 ... 109110111
Author

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 3:26 pm 

I'm not sure why they even bother with this nonsense. Clearly, Titan/Tonya has always been essentially the same business; I'm not sure anything is actually changing here, except maybe how they structure their tax returns ... which would fall under the "we don't care" category.

This reminds me a little bit of the CougLander doing his weird princess thing. I can't help but wonder what the motivations are. Not that it affects me, personally, in the slightest: I happily ignore all of their listings.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 3:33 pm 

Two years as I reckon it.

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 4:48 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:i quite liked this bit:

"you are dealing with my daughter, and she does a tremendous job (though, she is a college student, she is slow to process orders). "

thats an extract from the book of 101 excuses, coming soon from Judges Guild.  :D

Al

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Wasn't there a thread awhile back about how they needed support because they were desperate due to a break in  :roll:

Lets see Tonya is rude, over charges on shipping, vastly overstates the condition of the items, is slow to ship even with help, and poorly packages them but her Dad is extremely proud of her so that makes it all OK. :lol:  :lol:

"... and may I remind you that this ain't the end. I can still kick some ass." - Tom Petty

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 5:22 pm 

well yes cos he is the great marcus - and all should bow to his wisdom

Are we nearly there yet?

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 6:04 pm 

improvstone wrote:Wasn't there a thread awhile back about how they needed support because they were desperate due to a break in  :roll:

Yar. Here's some handy-dandy linkage to that discussion.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 3:14 pm 

I got Black Sails Over Freeport from Titan for a song.  There were also some other good purchases from them over the past two years.

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 5:03 pm 

Damn, this is going to be the best year ever.

The Police got back together.  They will be in Dallas on June 26th.

The Cubs play the Rangers the same week here in Arlington.

I am going to my first Gen Con in August.

Now I just need to win the lottery and I'm all set.

:D

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 5:04 pm 

Kingofpain89 wrote:Damn, this is going to be the best year ever.

The Police got back together.  They will be in Dallas on June 26th.

The Cubs play the Rangers the same week here in Arlington.

I am going to my first Gen Con in August.

Now I just need to win the lottery and I'm all set.

:D

yeah great news about the police - quite surprised its taken so long tbh.

Are we nearly there yet?

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 6:16 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:
yeah great news about the police - quite surprised its taken so long tbh.

Weird thing is, Andy Summers, who is ten years older, looks younger than both Sting and Stewart Copeland.  I guess that Tantra thing is taking it's toll on poor Mr. Sumner.  :roll:

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 6:18 pm 

Howdy Al,

Yay! Police reunion tour! Too bad they'll never come back here. Some dude got sick of his GF fawning over Sting and threw a bottle at him! Hit him right above the eye. Sting indeed...

Futures Bright,

Paul

The Collector's Trove The online auction house that features the collections of game designers and artists.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 7:09 pm 

they will no doubt do the europe festivals n make a fortune!

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 7:58 pm 

The Collector's Trove wrote:Howdy Al,

Yay! Police reunion tour! Too bad they'll never come back here. Some dude got sick of his GF fawning over Sting and threw a bottle at him! Hit him right above the eye. Sting indeed...

Futures Bright,

Paul
I just heard they are coming to Calgary on June 2nd.  I have not ever see them I hope I can get a ticket!

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 8:17 pm 

Futures Bright,

Paul

At least you have chance ...  :cry:

"... and may I remind you that this ain't the end. I can still kick some ass." - Tom Petty

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 8:19 pm 

Howdy Michael,

improvstone wrote:
At least you have chance ...  :cry:

Well, they did say it was going to be a world tour didn't they?

Futures bright,

Paul

The Collector's Trove The online auction house that features the collections of game designers and artists.

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:10 am 

Some time ago there was a discussion about how to manage music for role playing sessions.

Over on the Yog-Sothoth.com forums there was a posting for a shareware program called RPG Deck.

It looks like it has some nice features for gaming. I am still in the process of trying it out. Not sure I like the soundtrack feature (it supports playlists but navigation for individual songs is lacking) but the sound effects list allows you to play multiple sound effects at the same time so that you can for example start a thunderstorm and then add splashing footsteps and then growling. Three tracks playing at the same time!

http://rpgdeck.peppermill-marketing.com/

Check out my Chaosium sourcebook.
Secrets of Tibet

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 1:27 pm 

Any San Diego Chargers fans out there?  You guys just lost your entire coaching staff!!!!  The Def and Off coordinators had already gone (Phillips going to the Cowboys as head coach), now Shottenheimer has been fired!  After going 14-2, best record in the NFL!!! Crazy stuff!!!!

Mike B.

(Feb. 13, 2007) -- Like few who ever coached the game, Marty Schottenheimer owned the regular season. Problem was, the postseason disowned him.

No coach suffered more misery, more misfortune, and more indigestion than poor old Marty, who watched his teams and his innards repeatedly trampled in January in Cleveland, in Kansas City and, finally, in San Diego last month, in an instant NFL classic.

Only Marty could win the NFL Coach of the Year on Jan. 8, 2005 -- and lose a wild-card game that night at home against the New York Jets in overtime. His kicker, Nate Kaeding, failed him that night against the Jets, just as former Kansas City kicker Lin Elliott did against the Colts during the 1995 season, when he missed field goals from 35, 39 and 42 yards with 42 seconds left in the fourth quarter in a game that Marty's Chiefs lost by a mere three points.

Only Marty could be beaten in games that coined catchphrases such as "The Drive" and "the Fumble."

Only Marty could take 13 teams to the playoffs and nine times, including four as a No. 1 seed, watch his teams go one and done.

But this was the year that was supposed to be different. At least everyone around San Diego thought so.

Posting the league's best record wasn't enough for Marty Schottenheimer to keep his job.     
This was the year San Diego had enough firepower to overcome any flaws. This was the year the Chargers had the game's best offensive player, the game's best defensive player and home-field advantage. This was the year the Super Bowl was being played Feb. 4, which also happened to be Marty's 40-year wedding anniversary to his wife, Pat.

If that wasn't a sign, what was? Good karma, like the talent on the Chargers roster, abounded. And then San Diego kicked off its postseason, and it was more Martyball.

Drayton Florence, the son of a retired Army officer of 20 years, head-butted Daniel Graham for a key unsportsmanlike conduct penalty.

Marlon McCree fumbled an interception that he never should have caught in the first place.

Kaeding missed a game-tying field goal. And it was another memorable postseason flameout for Marty, like the way it was in Kansas City.

For a while it seemed Marty was safe. But for a while, it seemed his last Chargers team was different.

Only Marty could go 14-2 in the regular season and lose out to his general manager, A.J. Smith, after the season.

It's another big defeat, maybe his most significant yet. A postseason defeat has taken on an entirely different meaning. Marty loses the chance to coach a Super Bowl-talented team to the one game that -- like peace with the Chargers front office -- has eluded him.

And now, done in San Diego, one more chapter added to Marty's misery.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 1:40 pm 

Yeah, I just read about that.  The owner/manager must be absolutely nuts!

Let mirth prevail!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 2:16 pm 

Futures Bright,

Paul

I saw Andy Summers open up for Tangerine Dream back in '88. It was45 minutes of guitar noise masquerading (poorly) as music. Saw Stewart Copeland's wank- er, opera, which was... well... It was no Siegfried. I also saw him with Oysterhead (feat. Trey Anasatsio from Phish & Les Claypool from Primus). Wankery, but good wankery.

"We were put on this Earth to fart around."
                            - Kurt Vonnegut

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 4 of 11112, 3, 4, 5 ... 109110111