Old Random Thoughts or OT Chit-Chat Thread
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 31 of 111123 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 ... 109110111
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat May 19, 2007 1:48 pm 

Dare I say that I think the Cleveland Browns are looking good this year?

Hopefully the new draft picks might actually allow us to get CLOSE to the playoffs? Our Cavs are doing well, now we just need to work on our football team....

Original 28mm fantasy gaming miniatures at http://www.centerstageminis.com

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat May 19, 2007 2:32 pm 

Center_Stage_Hobbies wrote:Dare I say that I think the Cleveland Browns are looking good this year?

Hopefully the new draft picks might actually allow us to get CLOSE to the playoffs? Our Cavs are doing well, now we just need to work on our football team....

Yes, because all the other draft picks from all the other years have done so much to help the Browns.  :D

Three factors are likely to keep the Cleveland Browns far away from the playoffs:

1)  Pittsburgh Steelers
2)  Cincinnati Bengals
3)  Baltimore Ravens

Other than that, the Browns look golden.

Mark   :lol:

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat May 19, 2007 4:23 pm 

I'd love to agree with you on #1, Mark, but I have my doubts this year, and for many years to come.

I think we're about to experience a nearly unprecedented drought in Steelers football.

The Pats, on the other hand, appear poised to make another run.   :evil:

Let mirth prevail!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat May 19, 2007 4:30 pm 

Gee thanks. I guess if it wasn't for the fact there were other TEAMS, we might make it to the Super Bowl.

NICE!

:oops:

Original 28mm fantasy gaming miniatures at http://www.centerstageminis.com

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat May 19, 2007 5:45 pm 

sleepyCO wrote:
Might also be because the game is at the new Wembley stadium--looks pretty nice (but I still think the Twin Towers from the old stadium could've been kept somehow; put outside at the main entrance perhaps). 'Course, having 90,000+ seats does help . . .

Well, here tonight in London, everyone is celebrating at Chelsea's last minute win of the FA cup. And the new Wembley stadium looked fantastic £800M well spent methinks.

Let's go fly a kite
Up to the highest height!

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat May 19, 2007 6:02 pm 

bombadil wrote:I'd love to agree with you on #1, Mark, but I have my doubts this year, and for many years to come.

I think we're about to experience a nearly unprecedented drought in Steelers football.

The Pats, on the other hand, appear poised to make another run.   :evil:

Not paying Alan Faneca what he is worth sounds like a terrible way to start a new era.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Tue May 22, 2007 5:50 pm 

Center_Stage_Hobbies wrote:Dare I say that I think the Cleveland Browns are looking good this year?

I think I just pooped myself.

bombadil wrote:...There was a pile of heads stacked up around me at the end of every day.  Very cold work.  No gloves, blowing snow, bloody knife handle slippery as hell...

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue May 22, 2007 7:25 pm 

khartsfield wrote:
I think I just pooped myself.

Well, cool...so you look exactly like a guy wearing the Browns team gear!

Prolific Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed May 23, 2007 9:07 pm 

Walk on
Walk on
With hope in your heart
And You'll never walk alone, alone
You'll never walk alone

commiserations to Liverpool

ironic that 2 years ago when I watched the European Cup final while in La Jolla L'pool were completely outplayed by Milan and managed to win, and yet tonight they were by far better than Milan and lost....

bad dice ....

An té nach mbíonn láidir ní folláir dó bheith glic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-ajduHx5hc

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed May 23, 2007 11:30 pm 

Bah...now with the season finale of Lost, all the first run shows I watch are over for the summer...some (like Lost) not returning until next year (2008).  I have just started Season Two of Babylon Five....any suggestions what other shows/dvds to watch this summer?

BTW, Lost is officially back....I was going to use this season to decide if I still wanted to hang.  Well, on top of the incredible violence and numerous deaths in the season ending episode (some long awaited and well deserved), the show threw the curveball of all curveballs at the end, the last 5 minutes led to one of the most incredible cliffhanger endings of all time TV history....bravo to the writers the last few episodes, they sucked me back in....

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Thu May 24, 2007 12:07 am 

Badmike wrote:the show threw the curveball of all curveballs at the end, the last 5 minutes led to one of the most incredible cliffhanger endings of all time TV history....bravo to the writers the last few episodes, they sucked me back in....

Mike B.

They spat me out at the end of series one - Part of me wants to catch up just for this supposed 'best ever' finale but the far more sensible part says - can I really afford to lose that much of my life, just for 5 great minutes........?

That's my problem with this sort of TV, one series is normally enough for me - but the bandwagon/cash cow rolls on and it all gets a bit tedious.

(BUT Big Brother is back next week and I might watch this one - I've avoided the last umpteen, but if you don't watch, you're out of the loop on 97.7% of all conversations at work :lol:  :roll: )

You can never have too much of something you didn't need in the first place.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu May 24, 2007 12:16 am 

gyg wrote:
They spat me out at the end of series one - Part of me wants to catch up just for this supposed 'best ever' finale but the far more sensible part says - can I really afford to lose that much of my life, just for 5 great minutes........?

That's my problem with this sort of TV, one series is normally enough for me - but the bandwagon/cash cow rolls on and it all gets a bit tedious.

(BUT Big Brother is back next week and I might watch this one - I've avoided the last umpteen, but if you don't watch, you're out of the loop on 97.7% of all conversations at work :lol:  :roll: )

The dvds make it easy...you don't have to wait a week after a weak episode to get caught up.  Unfortunately Season Two is sort of a drag...Season three really got rolling, and delivered the last few weeks. But yeh probably not worth it if you are not really into the show.....

Reflecting I don't know if it was actually the best season finale ever....maybe the best this season.  Heroes finale was lame, dragged, and pretty much disappointed me.  In contrast the Lost finale really delivered, a lot of viewers were pissed that nothing seemed to happen the first two seasons....a LOT went down in the finale.  And not to throw out a spoiler...let's just say the ending was quite shocking, very unexpected (although there were lots of clues), and definitely something everyone will be buzzing about until the season begins again in....February????

Mike B.

NTRPGCON

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu May 24, 2007 12:54 am 

Babylon 5 is always a good view.  If you haven't watched the new Battlestar Galactica, you might want to give it a try.  They have really kept the show moving and had a couple season finale's that leave you thinking "did he just do that? Wow that's brave!" but it works.  The new Doctor Who is also about half way through the season and I think they are hinting that The Master will be back so it should be good.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu May 24, 2007 12:56 am 

gyg wrote:(BUT Big Brother is back next week and I might watch this one - I've avoided the last umpteen, but if you don't watch, you're out of the loop on 97.7% of all conversations at work :lol:  :roll: )

Aren't you suppose to be watching Coronation Street or Doctor Who instead?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu May 24, 2007 12:56 am 

Mars wrote:Babylon 5 is always a good view.  If you haven't watched the new Battlestar Galactica, you might want to give it a try.  They have really kept the show moving and had a couple season finale's that leave you thinking "did he just do that? Wow that's brave!" but it works.  The new Doctor Who is also about half way through the season and I think they are hinting that The Master will be back so it should be good.

I did watch Season One of Galactica, it was pretty good. Guess I can hunt up season two (both parts) and maybe even season three after they finish.....

Mike B.

NTRPGCON

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu May 24, 2007 1:19 am 

Badmike wrote:I did watch Season One of Galactica, it was pretty good. Guess I can hunt up season two (both parts) and maybe even season three after they finish.....
Mike B.

Isn't season 3 out on DVD yet - the season ended a while back (unless they are delay released in the US again)?  I tend to download most shows for bittorrent so I take it for granted when/if they come out on DVD.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu May 24, 2007 3:17 am 

Season 3 of Battlestar Galactica started slow...largely because the creators obviously convinced themselves they had "something to say"...to "make us think."

I think they got a lot of fanmail like the angry note I sent them.  Basically, "You are not as smart as you think you are...now get back up there and start shooting at Cylons!"

They must have read all of it because they got back on track by the end of the season.

Battlestar Galactica is fun to  watch while listening to the producer commentary podcast.  They are essentially a bunch of bedwetting Lefties putting on a show about a reality in which bedwetting Lefties are dead butt wrong all of the time.

Mark   8)

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu May 24, 2007 6:20 am 

A little bit OT, if it is possible ...

I don't remember the topic but I do remember Al, aka killjoy, speaking about Manchester - Roma and about Italian soccer teams ...  :wink:  :wink:

I'm not particularly fond of AC Milan (to be honest I hate it) but ... three english teams in Champions League's semifinals and ...

Oh my God!!!  8O  8O

Where are Manchester Utd, Chelsea and Liverpool now?!?!?  :)  :)

Where are you, Al???  :)  :)

Cheers
Giorgio

... And thou, Melkor, shalt see that no theme may be played that hath not its uttermost source in me, nor can any alter the music in my despite ...

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 31 of 111123 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 ... 109110111